Kevin and Ruth

Default turrone recipe?

A friend of mine just got back from Spain with something called a Turrone
for us to try. It is round and flat, with a type of nougat with almonds
inside it and covered with a very thin white wafer. Any recipes on this
one? I looked on google, but couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Vox Humana

"Kevin and Ruth" > wrote in message
.. .
> A friend of mine just got back from Spain with something called a Turrone
> for us to try. It is round and flat, with a type of nougat with almonds
> inside it and covered with a very thin white wafer. Any recipes on this
> one? I looked on google, but couldn't find it.
>
> Thanks!

If you search under "turron" ( instead of "turrone") you will find many
recipes. Here is the google search link:
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...=Turron+recipe

Andy Phillips

Careful - there are lots of different sorts of turron, and regional
variations. I think the flat cake type that the original poster mentioned
(my favourite) is called Turron de Alicante. Try a more specific search.

Andy

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "Kevin and Ruth" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > A friend of mine just got back from Spain with something called a

Turrone
> > for us to try. It is round and flat, with a type of nougat with almonds
> > inside it and covered with a very thin white wafer. Any recipes on this
> > one? I looked on google, but couldn't find it.
> >
> > Thanks!

> If you search under "turron" ( instead of "turrone") you will find many
> recipes. Here is the google search link:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...=Turron+recipe

Tambor

Mainly there are two traditional recipes of "turrón" called
"turrón de Jijona" and "turrón de Alicante". Both has almonds. Other newer
features are commercial recent recipes. I have never tried to prepare at
home.
This is my first message on this newsgroup. I apologize for my
bad English.

Regards

Tambor, Spain