Default Pump. pie pulling away fron shell

Many years ago a lady told me what to do to keep your pumpkin pie
filling from pulling away from the shell after it is cooled ect. I
can't remember what it is. Anybody got any ideas to help me out.
Theyalways loo so pretty until this happens. Thanks in advance--Sherry

Vox Humana

> wrote in message
> Many years ago a lady told me what to do to keep your pumpkin pie
> filling from pulling away from the shell after it is cooled ect. I
> can't remember what it is. Anybody got any ideas to help me out.
> Theyalways loo so pretty until this happens. Thanks in advance--Sherry

I have never seen this happen. My guess would be not to over bake it. The
more you heat a custard, the tighter the proteins become. That will casue
shrinkage and will also cause moistue to accumulate on the surface.

Vox Humana