Baking (rec.food.baking) For bakers, would-be bakers, and fans and consumers of breads, pastries, cakes, pies, cookies, crackers, bagels, and other items commonly found in a bakery. Includes all methods of preparation, both conventional and not.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 02-11-2004, 09:07 AM
9030037
 
Posts: n/a
Default How to make good short cake ?

please !~~~~
How to make good short cake ?
if i didn't have a professional oven ,how to avoid failure ?
thanks a lot !!~~~

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 02-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Vox Humana
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"9030037" wrote in message
om...
please !~~~~
How to make good short cake ?
if i didn't have a professional oven ,how to avoid failure ?
thanks a lot !!~~~


Measure accurately. Use good technique. Make sure the oven is accurate.
Give it a try and then report back.


  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 02-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Dave Bell
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, 9030037 wrote:

please !~~~~
How to make good short cake ?
if i didn't have a professional oven ,how to avoid failure ?
thanks a lot !!~~~


Despite the risk of excommunication from r.f.baking, I have to say that my
favorite shortcake is a sweet drop biscuit, directly off the Bisquick
package! In the past year or so, I have had to totally avoid wheat, so I
make my own baking mix using spelt flour (+non-fat dry milk, sugar,
shortening, and baking powder.) Works great!

Dave
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 02-11-2004, 09:50 PM
Eric Jorgensen
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 13:06:56 -0800
Dave Bell wrote:

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, 9030037 wrote:

please !~~~~
How to make good short cake ?
if i didn't have a professional oven ,how to avoid failure ?
thanks a lot !!~~~


Despite the risk of excommunication from r.f.baking, I have to say that
my favorite shortcake is a sweet drop biscuit, directly off the Bisquick
package! In the past year or so, I have had to totally avoid wheat, so I
make my own baking mix using spelt flour (+non-fat dry milk, sugar,
shortening, and baking powder.) Works great!



Eesh, bisquick. I'm not even sure that stuff is really food!

(OK, I just hate the taste of all the sulfate baking powder they cram
into it)
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 02-11-2004, 10:38 PM
Ida Slapter
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:50:31 -0700, Eric Jorgensen
wrote:

Eesh, bisquick. I'm not even sure that stuff is really food!


Of course, it is! Just all the things you have in your cupboard
mixed together in the right proportions. Read the box
ingredients.....if you can.




  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 02-11-2004, 11:46 PM
Jenn Ridley
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Eric Jorgensen wrote:

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 13:06:56 -0800
Dave Bell wrote:


Despite the risk of excommunication from r.f.baking, I have to say that
my favorite shortcake is a sweet drop biscuit, directly off the Bisquick
package! In the past year or so, I have had to totally avoid wheat, so I
make my own baking mix using spelt flour (+non-fat dry milk, sugar,
shortening, and baking powder.) Works great!



Eesh, bisquick. I'm not even sure that stuff is really food!

(OK, I just hate the taste of all the sulfate baking powder they cram
into it)


Try Jiffy mix. Works the same as Bisquick, tastes much better.

--
Jenn Ridley :
  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 03-11-2004, 12:09 AM
Eric Jorgensen
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 18:46:40 -0500
Jenn Ridley wrote:

Eric Jorgensen wrote:

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 13:06:56 -0800
Dave Bell wrote:


Despite the risk of excommunication from r.f.baking, I have to say

that my favorite shortcake is a sweet drop biscuit, directly off the
Bisquick package! In the past year or so, I have had to totally avoid
wheat, so I make my own baking mix using spelt flour (+non-fat dry
milk, sugar, shortening, and baking powder.) Works great!


Eesh, bisquick. I'm not even sure that stuff is really food!

(OK, I just hate the taste of all the sulfate baking powder they cram
into it)


Try Jiffy mix. Works the same as Bisquick, tastes much better.



I can mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar myself, thanks.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEED A GOOD COOK BOOK TO MAKE A GOOD GRAVY LIKE MOM MADE! [email protected] General Cooking 16 18-03-2011 07:12 PM
Finally, good short ribs [email protected][_2_] Barbecue 13 06-11-2009 09:20 AM
Make her feel good- One of the best ways to please a woman is to makeher feel good in your company ali khanbaba Diabetic 0 02-06-2009 09:42 AM
Short's Brewing Company - Good Feller Imperial IPA [email protected] Beer 0 11-09-2007 10:31 PM
Short's Brewing Company - Good Feller Imperial IPA [email protected] Beer 0 11-09-2007 10:30 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017