Old 10-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Member

Default Can I bake 2 cakes in the oven at the same time? Will it affect temperature?

Hi,

I have one cake on the top shelf and one on the bottom, both of the same size and same mixture. It's a fan-forced oven heated to 160C or 320F and the recipe recommends I cook for 45-50mins. Does having 2 cakes in the oven make a difference? Will I need to adjust cooking time or temperature. Will I need to rotate the cakes?

Regards
__________________
Commercial coffee machines

Old 10-08-2011, 12:13 PM posted to rec.food.baking

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 06:56:28 +0000, wingmark wrote:

Hi,

I have one cake on the top shelf and one on the bottom, both of the same
size and same mixture. It's a fan-forced oven heated to 160C or 320F and
the recipe recommends I cook for 45-50mins. Does having 2 cakes in the
oven make a difference? Will I need to adjust cooking time or
temperature. Will I need to rotate the cakes?

Regards

It is a good idea to stagger the placement of the pans so that one is not
blocking the heat flow to the other. Rotating two pans also helps to make
a uniform product, as all home ovens have uneven heat distribution.

HTH

Godzilla

--
Godzilla
Old 15-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Member

I am still unable to found exactly how it can happen. I dont have any oven like this
used car