Posted to rec.food.baking
godzilla godzilla is offline

Default Can I bake 2 cakes in the oven at the same time? Will it affecttemperature?

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 06:56:28 +0000, wingmark wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have one cake on the top shelf and one on the bottom, both of the same
> size and same mixture. It's a fan-forced oven heated to 160C or 320F and
> the recipe recommends I cook for 45-50mins. Does having 2 cakes in the
> oven make a difference? Will I need to adjust cooking time or
> temperature. Will I need to rotate the cakes?
>
> Regards

It is a good idea to stagger the placement of the pans so that one is not
blocking the heat flow to the other. Rotating two pans also helps to make
a uniform product, as all home ovens have uneven heat distribution.

HTH

Godzilla

--
Godzilla