Old 04-12-2003, 12:28 AM
Dee Randall

Default Instant Pudding

I haven't made pudding from a box since the 60's and there was nothing then
like "instant" where I lived.
A few weeks ago I bought at a "pantry" store some "instant pudding mix." (by
weight).

When I poured milk into the mix, I let it sit for a couple of minutes while
I was doing something else; lo and behold! when I looked at it again, it
had thickened up!

Since I didn't know whether people eat instant pudding without cooking it,
I thought I'd better cook it, which I did and it was familiar looking to
normal pudding.

question:
Do people eat "instant pudding" without cooking it?
I'm laughing while I'm writing this -- I know all you youngsters will laugh
at me, too.

thanks,
Dee

Old 04-12-2003, 12:33 AM
Eric d'Entremont

Hi Dee
The short answer to your question is, yes indeed there is, at least here in
Canada, I personally like eating the box more as I find it tastier then the
pudding, but to each their own...*wink*
Have fun in the kitchen, it's meant to be
Eric

Old 04-12-2003, 03:09 AM
Jenn Ridley

"Dee Randall" wrote:
question:
Do people eat "instant pudding" without cooking it?

Yes, that's why it's called 'instant'.

jenn
--
Jenn Ridley

Old 04-12-2003, 05:58 AM
Jenn Ridley

"Dee Randall" wrote:

"Jenn Ridley" wrote in message
.. .

"Dee Randall" wrote:
question:
Do people eat "instant pudding" without cooking it?

Yes, that's why it's called 'instant'.

Yes, just like instant rice Hmmmmm-----

You can do instant rice without cooking it. Not recommended, but you
can.

jenn
--
Jenn Ridley