FoodBanter.com

-   -   Instant Pudding (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/215-instant-pudding.html)

Dee Randall 04-12-2003 12:28 AM

Instant Pudding

I haven't made pudding from a box since the 60's and there was nothing then
like "instant" where I lived.
A few weeks ago I bought at a "pantry" store some "instant pudding mix." (by
weight).

When I poured milk into the mix, I let it sit for a couple of minutes while
I was doing something else; lo and behold! when I looked at it again, it
had thickened up!

Since I didn't know whether people eat instant pudding without cooking it,
I thought I'd better cook it, which I did and it was familiar looking to
normal pudding.

question:
Do people eat "instant pudding" without cooking it?
I'm laughing while I'm writing this -- I know all you youngsters will laugh
at me, too.

thanks,
Dee

Eric d'Entremont 04-12-2003 12:33 AM

Instant Pudding

Hi Dee
The short answer to your question is, yes indeed there is, at least here in
Canada, I personally like eating the box more as I find it tastier then the
pudding, but to each their own...*wink*
Have fun in the kitchen, it's meant to be
Eric

Kevin and Ruth 04-12-2003 12:33 AM

Instant Pudding

Yes, you don't need to cook it when it is instant pudding. It tastes great!

Ruth

Dee Randall 04-12-2003 02:26 AM

Instant Pudding

Thanks Ruth. I would NEVER have believed it, if you hadn't said so.
Dee

. ..

Jenn Ridley 04-12-2003 03:09 AM

Instant Pudding

"Dee Randall" > wrote:
>question:
>Do people eat "instant pudding" without cooking it?

Yes, that's why it's called 'instant'. :)

jenn
--
Jenn Ridley

Dee Randall 04-12-2003 05:26 AM

Instant Pudding

Yes, just like instant rice :) Hmmmmm-----
Dee

Jenn Ridley 04-12-2003 05:58 AM

Instant Pudding

"Dee Randall" > wrote:

>"Jenn Ridley" > wrote in message
.. .

>> "Dee Randall" > wrote:
>> >question:
>> >Do people eat "instant pudding" without cooking it?

>> Yes, that's why it's called 'instant'. :)

>Yes, just like instant rice :) Hmmmmm-----

You can do instant rice without cooking it. Not recommended, but you
can.

jenn
--
Jenn Ridley