LIMEYNO1

Default REQUEST: CHOCOLATE YEAST BREAD

Hi folks: I have a recipe for Chocolate Yeast Bread from A World of Breads
by Dolores Casella. The amount of yeast has been corrupted, but I thinks
it's one cake of yeast. How much dry yeast would this be replaced by?

Thanks a brunch!

Dick Margulis

LIMEYNO1 wrote:
> Hi folks: I have a recipe for Chocolate Yeast Bread from A World of Breads
> by Dolores Casella. The amount of yeast has been corrupted, but I thinks
> it's one cake of yeast. How much dry yeast would this be replaced by?
>
> Thanks a brunch!

1 packet. Generally speaking, yeast manufacturers try to keep things
simple for the customer. A unit is a unit is a unit. If you buy in bulk,
you're expected to know how much is in a packet, though ;-)

LIMEYNO1

Thanks so much Dick; that's what I thought, and yes I know how much is in a
packet. Much appreciated.

"Dick Margulis" > wrote in message
> LIMEYNO1 wrote:
> > Hi folks: I have a recipe for Chocolate Yeast Bread from A World of

Breads
> > by Dolores Casella. The amount of yeast has been corrupted, but I

thinks
> > it's one cake of yeast. How much dry yeast would this be replaced by?
> >
> > Thanks a brunch!
> >

> 1 packet. Generally speaking, yeast manufacturers try to keep things
> simple for the customer. A unit is a unit is a unit. If you buy in bulk,
> you're expected to know how much is in a packet, though ;-)

Ranee Mueller

In article >, "LIMEYNO1"
> wrote:

> Hi folks: I have a recipe for Chocolate Yeast Bread from A World of
> Breads by Dolores Casella.

This sounds amazing. Could you pass on the recipe please? Thank you.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts 17:24
LIMEYNO1

Here you go Ranee! Love your sig!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Chocolate Yeast Bread

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Breads Chocolate
Yeastbreads

2 1/2 ts Yeast
1/4 c Warm water
1 tb Sugar
2 c Milk -- scalded and cooled
3 lg Eggs
1/2 c Sugar
1/2 c Butter
1/2 c Cocoa (preferably dutch
Cocoa)
5 c Flour
1 t Vanilla extract
1/2 c Chopped nuts

Recipe by: A World of Breads - Dolores Casella (1966) Dissolve the
yeast in the warm water with the 1 Tbs sugar. Add the yeast mixture
to the cooled milk along with the eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, butter, cocoa,
and half the flour. Beat thoroughly. Now add the vanilla, nuts, and
the remaining flour and knead lightly. Place in a bowl, brush with
melted or softened butter, cover, and let rise until doubled. Punch
the dough down and shape into 2 loaves. Put into buttered loaf pans,
cover and let rise until doubled. Bake in a 350 F oven for 40 to 45
mins, or until done.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 5226 Calories; 168g Fat (28.8%
calories from fat); 114g Protein; 821g Carbohydrate; 28g Dietary Fiber;
876mg Cholesterol; 1372mg Sodium. Exchanges: 32 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean
Meat; 2 Non-Fat Milk; 29 1/2 Fat; 20 Other Carbohydrates.

--
The MoM!

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God
is the object of our faith; the only faith that
saves is faith in Him

<>< ><>
www.peagramfamily.com
http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

225/196/145

"Ranee Mueller" > wrote in message
> In article >, "LIMEYNO1"
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi folks: I have a recipe for Chocolate Yeast Bread from A World of
> > Breads by Dolores Casella.

> This sounds amazing. Could you pass on the recipe please? Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Ranee
>
> "The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
> heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts 17:24

Bread yeast [email protected] General Cooking 5 27-05-2005 01:51 PM
cake/dry yeast information request Jarkat2002 General Cooking 1 02-12-2004 02:45 AM
Non Yeast Bread Jerry Reed Baking 1 05-02-2004 06:59 PM
Chocolate bread, with yeast? Nexis General Cooking 7 06-01-2004 02:23 AM
REQUEST: CHOCOLATE YEAST BREAD LIMEYNO1 General Cooking 4 02-12-2003 02:04 AM