Old 25-11-2003, 05:34 AM
Wayne Boatwright

Default Measuring Cups (was Digital Kitchen Food Scale)

"Felice Friese" wrote in
news:[email protected]_s51:

"LIMEYNO1" wrote about measuring cups:

Perhaps they are distributed different where you are than here. I
definitely have 3/4 cup may be wrong about 2/3. But they do exsist
because

have one or two although I can't remember if they are tupperware or
not.

King Arthur sells 3/4-cup and 2/3-cup measures. Stainless steel, I
believe. Very handy.

Felice

Tupperware definitely makes them. My set consists of 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 2/3,
3/4, and 1 cup. Actually, I have two sets like this. They're very handly.

Wayne

Old 25-11-2003, 06:36 PM
SCUBApix

Default Digital Kitchen Food Scale-Want recommendation

I checked and yes, after adding something to weigh in Lb/oz mode, I hit tare
and then hit the button to switch to Kg/grams and added another item to
weigh and it weighed it in Kg/grams.

"Dee Randall" wrote in message
Thanks for your great answer.
Let me know at your own pace -- no hurry. I might not be checking in for

few days.
Happy Thanksgiving to you.
dee

"SCUBApix" wrote in message

"Dee Randall" wrote in message
Thanks for answering.
I went to the site you mentioned and see this in their specifications:

HOLD, TARE, LB/KG/G/OZ & Count functions

I don't know what Tare means, but I'm wondering if anyone might know

if
one
of these functions on this 3001 might mean that you can "go back to

zero,
then add on your next weight"?

This is exactly what 'tare' means. Put a container on the scale either

at
the start (before turning on the scale) or after it's on. In the latter
case, hit the tare button and the reading goes to zero. Now add your

first
ingredient until you have the right amount and hit tare. It's back at

zero.
Add your next ingredient, hit tare, etc. The only restriction (and this

is
true of all scales with the tare function) is that you can't go beyond

the
scale's max capability. That is, if the max capability is 3 Kg, just

because
you hit tare, the scale still is measuring the actual weight. So if you

have
2 Kg on the scale, hit tare, you can only add a max of 1 more Kg, not 3

more
Kg.

And it also is accurate to 0.1 oz and reads in that increment.

It does say also that you can switch back and forth between oz. &

lbs.,
and
you say that you can bounce between oz, grams, which I assume that

means
while you are working on ONE recipe with several ingredients you can

switch
back and forth?.

I'll be honest, I've never tried to swithch in the middle of a weighing
session using the tare function. I have used both the grams and Lbs/oz

but
not switching between them using the tare function. I don't see why it
wouldn't work since I have switched when having something on the scale

just
to see the weight in both metric and US units. So if you hit tare and

then
the units button, you should be Ok. But I haven't actually done it. If

it's
important to you, I'' give it a try tonight. Just let me know.

These "little things mean a lot."

Thanks so much.
dee

"SCUBApix" wrote in message

"Dee Randall" wrote in message
Has anyone recently bought a digital kitchen food scale (5 lbs. is

ok)
for
price of between $40-50 that they would recommend? I see a lot on

the
internet, but I wouldn't know where to start in consideration for
purchasing.

I'm using a Braun with those little lines and you have to

circle/swivel
around to find ounces or grams. It's getting to be a headache.

Thanks,
Dee
Let me put my $0.02 in here. I have a great scale, the MyWeigh

3001T.
You
can see its capabilities at

http://www.myweigh.com/mediumscales_3001.html
.
It comes in white (I don't recommend because of the 'rubber ridges'

on
top
and blue or green. I have the blue and I bougt it at
http://www.oldwillknott.com/3001tblu.html for $37.90 plus shipping.

didn't get the 'VibraKill pad' and haven't regretted that decision.

You
can
bounce between grams, Kg & grams, oz and lbs & oz at the push of a

button.
It weighs up to 3 Kg (6.6 Lbs). They have the 6001 model that weighs

up
6
Kg (13.2Lbs) for $44.90.

Old 27-11-2003, 09:20 PM
Kim Grauballe

"SCUBApix" wrote in message
snip
Add your next ingredient, hit tare, etc. The only restriction (and this is
true of all scales with the tare function) is that you can't go beyond the
scale's max capability. That is, if the max capability is 3 Kg, just

because
you hit tare, the scale still is measuring the actual weight. So if you

have
2 Kg on the scale, hit tare, you can only add a max of 1 more Kg, not 3

more
Kg.

Not quite, I've got nifty little item from OBH (only sold in the nordic
countries, I think ), going up to 5 kg, and if I put about 5 Kg on it, and
hit tare, it happily continues up to the next 5 Kg. I've actually weighed up
to nearly 15 Kg on it ( dont dare to try going higher ).
Kim