BSI

Default Digital kitchen scale recommendations?

Hello all...

I went out and bought a Salter Aquatronic 3007. The problem i have with
this scale is that it will shutoff before the automatic shutoff timeout.
With the exception of this one problem, it is a good scale. At first I
thought i bought a lemon, so I went and bought another one from a different
store; however, it still does the same thing. I went to return this second
scale when someone suggested that it might be the batteries. So i bought
new batteries; however, the problem persists. I've read some past mesages
regarding the Salter Aquatronics and I can't find anybody else having
similar problems. I will be returning this scale and looking for another
digital scale. Can anyone suggest one for me? It would be fantastic if
someone could suggest one that measures fluid ounces as well.

Thanks.
Dave Bugg

BSI wrote:

> Can anyone suggest one for me? It would be fantastic if someone could
> suggest one that measures fluid ounces as well.

I have several different scales that I've ordered from
http://www.myscale.com/

Master Chef Richard Campbell

Dave,

I have had good luck with EKS, I would only say besure to get the 1 g
increment models.

Chef

Kate Dicey

BSI wrote:

> Hello all...
>
> I went out and bought a Salter Aquatronic 3007. The problem i have with
> this scale is that it will shutoff before the automatic shutoff timeout.
> With the exception of this one problem, it is a good scale. At first I
> thought i bought a lemon, so I went and bought another one from a different
> store; however, it still does the same thing. I went to return this second
> scale when someone suggested that it might be the batteries. So i bought
> new batteries; however, the problem persists. I've read some past mesages
> regarding the Salter Aquatronics and I can't find anybody else having
> similar problems. I will be returning this scale and looking for another
> digital scale. Can anyone suggest one for me? It would be fantastic if
> someone could suggest one that measures fluid ounces as well.
>
> Thanks.

I have that scale: had it about 4 years now, and it's never done
that... Takes about 2 minutes before it shuts off, which is plenty for
me. I think it's on its second set of batteries, and I use it every
day.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
SCUBApix

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> BSI wrote:
>
> > Can anyone suggest one for me? It would be fantastic if someone could
> > suggest one that measures fluid ounces as well.

> I have several different scales that I've ordered from
> http://www.myscale.com/

I agree. For a specific recommendation, type in 3001 (or 6001) in the search
box for a 3Kg (or 6 Kg) scale. They have all the bells & whistles I need
like a tare function and you can switch between oz, lbs & oz, grams, Kg & g.
I would not order the white one with the black 'stripes'. I think those
rubber stripes would just collect the stuff you're weighing. I have the blue
3001 and have had it for a few years. I love it.

BSI

"SCUBApix" > wrote in
:

> I agree. For a specific recommendation, type in 3001 (or 6001) in the
> search box for a 3Kg (or 6 Kg) scale. They have all the bells &
> whistles I need like a tare function and you can switch between oz,
> lbs & oz, grams, Kg & g. I would not order the white one with the
> black 'stripes'. I think those rubber stripes would just collect the
> stuff you're weighing. I have the blue 3001 and have had it for a few
> years. I love it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried looking for 3001 and 6001, but could
not find anything. I also could not find a search box. Are you sure the
site is: http://www.myscale.com?

Thanks.
Larry

BSI > wrote:

>Thanks for the suggestions. I tried looking for 3001 and 6001, but could
>not find anything. I also could not find a search box. Are you sure the
>site is: http://www.myscale.com?

I think they meant myweigh.com.

-- Larry

Dave Bugg

SCUBApix wrote:
> ..stuff you're weighing. I have the blue 3001 and have had it for a few
> years. I love it.

LOL... I have the blue 60001 T. I use it to do double duty as a kitchen
scale, and to weigh my birds. The darn thing is marvelous. I took it into a
shop that does scale calibration. They used a series of calibration weights
to test it, and it was spot on every time. I traded 'em a slab of 'Q'd ribs
for their time. :-)
Dave

Dave Bugg

BSI wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions. I tried looking for 3001 and 6001, but
> could not find anything. I also could not find a search box. Are you
> sure the site is: http://www.myscale.com?

Try this, it's a link off the site:
http://www.americanweigh.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv

Dave Bugg

Here is a link to another site which has a very good price on the 6001T:
http://balance.balances.com/scales/460
Dave

zxcvbob

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Here is a link to another site which has a very good price on the 6001T:
> http://balance.balances.com/scales/460
> Dave

I have an "Escali" scale that looks almost just like that 6001T that I
bought on eBay a few years ago for about $25. It works very well, and
is surprisingly accurate. It weighs to 3 kg in 1 gram or .1 ounce
increments and displays in grams or pounds/ounces.

Best regards,
Bob
Blair P. Houghton

BSI > wrote:
>Hello all...
>
>I went out and bought a Salter Aquatronic 3007. The problem i have with
>this scale is that it will shutoff before the automatic shutoff timeout.
>With the exception of this one problem, it is a good scale. At first I
>thought i bought a lemon, so I went and bought another one from a different
>store; however, it still does the same thing. I went to return this second
>scale when someone suggested that it might be the batteries. So i bought
>new batteries; however, the problem persists. I've read some past mesages
>regarding the Salter Aquatronics and I can't find anybody else having
>similar problems. I will be returning this scale and looking for another
>digital scale. Can anyone suggest one for me? It would be fantastic if
>someone could suggest one that measures fluid ounces as well.

I got this one a couple years ago, iirc at Sur la Table:

http://www.salterhousewares.com/tpag...p.asp?model=21

Works great.

How does the 3007 figure out fluid ounces? For water, they're
just normal ounces. Does it adjust for the kind of fluid?

--Blair
"That could be handy."
Blair P. Houghton

Master Chef Richard Campbell <chefmagnus<nospam> wrote:
>Dave,
>
>I have had good luck with EKS, I would only say besure to get the 1 g
>increment models.

I got one (bought on eBay) that measures in 0.05 g increments.

I use it to weigh tea
so I can have a common
reference for the strength of a new kind.

--Blair
"2.00 g tea
8 oz just-off-boiling water
3 or 4 minute steep
decant immediately"
BSI

Blair P. Houghton > wrote in
:

> How does the 3007 figure out fluid ounces? For water, they're
> just normal ounces. Does it adjust for the kind of fluid?

I dunno how the mechanics of the 3007 work to figure out fluid ounces. I
don't think it can adjust for the density of the fluid. I just thought it
was a cool feature to have. However, I'm beginning to wonder whether or not
i should pursue a digital scale with this feature. I have found another
scale made by Escali. Here's the link:

http://store.chefmall.com/esaqdisc.html

With this scale, it says that u can adjust for the densities of the
liquids.
zxcvbob

BSI wrote:
> Blair P. Houghton > wrote in
> :
>

>>How does the 3007 figure out fluid ounces? For water, they're
>>just normal ounces. Does it adjust for the kind of fluid?
>>

> I dunno how the mechanics of the 3007 work to figure out fluid ounces. I
> don't think it can adjust for the density of the fluid. I just thought it
> was a cool feature to have. However, I'm beginning to wonder whether or not
> i should pursue a digital scale with this feature. I have found another
> scale made by Escali. Here's the link:
>
> http://store.chefmall.com/esaqdisc.html
>
> With this scale, it says that u can adjust for the densities of the
> liquids.

best regards,
Bob

Digital Scale - a recommendation Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 53 05-06-2011 03:41 PM
Digital Scale? baker1 Baking 10 27-11-2005 06:35 PM
digital scale magnulus Tea 2 30-09-2004 03:48 PM
Digital kitchen scale recommendations? BSI Cooking Equipment 14 30-04-2004 01:31 PM
Digital Kitchen Food Scale-Want recommendation Dee Randall Baking 32 27-11-2003 09:20 PM