paul

Default burgundy food coloring

I need to make burgundy color royal icing roses, but I do not have
burgundy paste food color and cannot get it in time. I have attempted
mixing Wilton's Red-Red with differing amounts of royal blue, sky blue
and violet, but the results turn out rather "muddy". I'd appreciate
any help with the correct ratios of colors to mix, please.
Jay

"Rose" > wrote in message
om...
> (paul) wrote in message

. com>...
> > I need to make burgundy color royal icing roses, but I do not have
> > burgundy paste food color and cannot get it in time. I have attempted
> > mixing Wilton's Red-Red with differing amounts of royal blue, sky blue
> > and violet, but the results turn out rather "muddy". I'd appreciate
> > any help with the correct ratios of colors to mix, please.

> <><><>
> Here's a color chart, but it doesn't give ratios.

http://www.chalkwarecollectibles.com...ingcolors.html

Another problem is that if you're not starting the process with primary
colours (red, yellow blue and NOTHING else), your results will be
unpredictable.

For instance if you yellow has a touch of blue to make it look more
'lemony', it will affect your mixing. Try to find colours that are straight
and not mixed already. In other words, 'Royal' and "Sky" blues are probably
already mixed.

-Jay

What are fun foods to put food coloring into? wingmark General Cooking 0 06-08-2011 08:04 AM
Food coloring? gloria.p General Cooking 33 05-04-2011 11:11 PM
Food coloring? ? ? Ray General Cooking 6 15-12-2006 09:25 PM
Food coloring Michael General Cooking 7 03-01-2006 02:36 AM
Food Coloring? mdginzo Winemaking 13 17-12-2005 02:58 AM