Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Moderator needs to take action

Ted Campanelli wrote:
> The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about all
> the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".

I nominate you as "moderator" of this "forum". Start zarking.

--
-Gina in Italy

http://www.myspace.com/ravenlynne1975
I'm a blogger: http://ravenwolflodge.blogspot.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about all
the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ted Campanelli" > wrote in message
. net...
> The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about all
> the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".

This is a newsgroup, not a forum, and there is no moderator.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ted Campanelli" > wrote in message
. net...
> The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about all
> the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".

Your usenet experience is your responsibility.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ted Campanelli wrote:
> The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about all
> the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".

You talking to me... I'm the moderator here but I took this year off
too... so where's your food related item???

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 1, 2:23 pm, Sheldon > wrote:
> Ted Campanelli wrote:
> > The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about all
> > the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".

> You talking to me... I'm the moderator here but I took this year off
> too... so where's your food related item???

How much they payin' you, Shel? And have you collected yet from our
newest, Ted Campanelli? I know I sent in my membership dues a long
time ago. >:-)

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ted Campanelli said...

> The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about all
> the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".

We've been after the CABAL to clean up this town for years.

TINC.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ted Campanelli" > wrote in message
. net...
> The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about all
> the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".

While there are some Usenet groups that are actually moderated, most of
them--including this one--are not. The only solution is to ignore the posts,
because most of the posters' identities are also false/forged.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ted Campanelli wrote:
> The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about
> all the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".

Heh, this is not a moderated newsgroup nor is it a "forum". Go to
rec.food.recipes if you want to post recipes and never have any interaction
nor get a reply. Otherwise, block out spammers and scammers and wade in
with the rest of us.

OB Food: The plan so far is a grilled bacon-wrapped chuckeye filet. And a
baked potato.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ted Campanelli wrote:

> The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about all
> the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".

Your first post here and all you can write is an off topic comment to the
non-existent moderator in an unmoderated newsgroup. Go back to lurking.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Nov 1, 12:54 pm, Dave Smith > wrote:

> Your first post here and all you can write is an off topic comment to the
> non-existent moderator in an unmoderated newsgroup. Go back to lurking.

Under the Google Groups Profile tab he is identified as having posted
249 times to rfc. The chance that he doesn't know rfc is unmoderated
is nil. Looks like just blowing off steam. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 19:03:07 GMT, Ted Campanelli wrote:
>
> > The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about all
> > the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".

> OK, Jill. Now you can come in and cry, "Troll!" (watch her come
> in and give a serious response)

Are you trying to suggests that Jill gets carried away with pointing out
trolls when that seems that you just sported one?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ted Campanelli wrote:
> The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about all
> the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".

Are you *sure* you're not posting from Google Groups?

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> Ted Campanelli wrote:
>>
>> The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about
>> all the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".

> Your first post here and all you can write is an off topic comment to
> the non-existent moderator in an unmoderated newsgroup. Go back to
> lurking.

I saw him coming. Two days ago, my copy of LurkerAlert started showing
his name in red. Yesterday it started flashing. That's usually a sign
that someone is about to introduce himself to a newsgroup with a silly
first post.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 1, 4:54?pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
> Ted Campanelli wrote:
>
> > The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about all
> > the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".

> Your first post here and all you can write is an off topic comment to the
> non-existent moderator in an unmoderated newsgroup. Go back to lurking.

This is far from his first post here. Ted Campanelli has posted to
rfc longer than you or anyone who's joined this thread so far except
me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ted Campanelli" > wrote in message
. net...
> The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about all
> the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".

The moderator is a drunk and pays little attention to what goes on. The job
pays $65k a year. Interested?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Moderator needs to take action (sorry )

Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not
so great) words of knowledge:
> The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about all
> the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".

Sorry. I did not realize the groups were not moderated. I am just
getting tired wading through ads for Nike shoes, pocketbooks, sex pills,
etc. to find the food related items.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 01 Nov 2007 04:25:03p, Sqwertz meant to say...

> On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 23:14:13 GMT, Ted Campanelli wrote:
>
>> Sorry. I did not realize the groups were not moderated. I am just
>> getting tired wading through ads for Nike shoes, pocketbooks, sex pills,
>> etc. to find the food related items.

> You need to killfile everything posted from Google. Show no
> mercy to those Google-whiners. If somebody gets offended, spit
> on them.
>
> -sw

It's not just Google, Steve. It's better (at least for me) to filter by
keywords.

--
Wayne Boatwright

(to e-mail me direct, replace cox dot net with gmail dot com)

Reality is nothing but a collective hunch.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> > Your first post here and all you can write is an off topic comment to the
> > non-existent moderator in an unmoderated newsgroup. Go back to lurking.

> This is far from his first post here. Ted Campanelli has posted to
> rfc longer than you or anyone who's joined this thread so far except
> me.

Well excuse the hell out of me. I only keep a few hundred messages in my
system, which is about a week, and there was nothing in that time. I don't
recall any input from him.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 00:22:08 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
> wrote:

>Sheldon > dropped this

>> This is far from his first post here. Ted Campanelli has posted to
>> rfc longer than you or anyone who's joined this thread so far except
>> me.

>I don't remember him and I've been around off and on since the late 80s
>or early 90s. If he's been around that long he should know better than to
>suggest a moderator, unless he is just trolling. If that's the case he
>has caught several of us in the net.

Yes he has posted here before, IIRC. But I don't think he goes back
to the early to mid 90s, which was when I started coming here. I could
be wrong on that.

However it is easy to see from the posting profile on google groups,
as to when folks started posting, at least with the names they use
now. I haven't checked out his, not that it really matters very much.

OB food: I am trying to think of one, but I am coming up short..LOL.
I still have half a pot of chicken and dumplings to eat...

Still trying to cook from the pantry these day, and not make many
food purchases... This is part of a personal challenge to myself, to
keep my food budget to as little as I can every week, just to see if I
can do it, and still eat well and healthily.

In the fridge I still have a whole cabbage, which will last a bit
longer, a good sized bag of zucchini, which does need to be cooked
soon in some fashion, and a cauliflower which also needs to be cooked
soon. I just used up most of my celery, and all of my Italian Parsley,
at least I think I did. I have to go through the vegetable drawers to
see what I am overlooking. The freezer is still full of meat...and
various ingredients.

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 23:14:13 GMT, Ted Campanelli wrote:
>
>> Sorry. I did not realize the groups were not moderated. I am just
>> getting tired wading through ads for Nike shoes, pocketbooks, sex pills,
>> etc. to find the food related items.

> You need to killfile everything posted from Google. Show no
> mercy to those Google-whiners. If somebody gets offended, spit
> on them.

Steve Wertz on "How to Win Friends and Influence People."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
Ted Campanelli > wrote:

> The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about all
> the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".

Agreed. The CABAL will give you 24 hours to take care of this. If you
don't, you will be stripped of your title of "MODERATOR", your computer
will be forcibly removed and you will never again be allowed to use a
computer.

It's all up to you, now.

TINC
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 00:53:44 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
> wrote:

>Christine Dabney > dropped this
: in rec.food.cooking

>> In the fridge I still have a whole cabbage, which will last a bit
>> longer, a good sized bag of zucchini, which does need to be cooked
>> soon in some fashion, and a cauliflower which also needs to be cooked
>> soon. I just used up most of my celery, and all of my Italian Parsley,
>> at least I think I did. I have to go through the vegetable drawers to
>> see what I am overlooking. The freezer is still full of meat...and
>> various ingredients.
>>
>> Christine

>Yummmm... I see a lovely cabbage soup in your future. What kind of meat?
>
>Michael

I have a lot of variety in the freezer right now. Beef short ribs,
quite a few pounds of pork country style ribs, two good sized pork
shoulders, ground beef, boneless chicken breasts, a few whole
chickens, chicken thighs, boneless chicken thighs, a rack of lamb from
TJs that Koko left me, and a few packages of frozen seafood (those
will go to make a quasi-authentic cioppino sometime in the next month
or so), and I don't remember what else. Oh, and some frozen Spanish
chorizo that was left here after the cook-in.

I am not going to cook the cabbage just yet....and when I do, I am
leaning towards more of a veggie dish/salad/slaw. While I like soup,
I am not really in the mood for it right now.

The zucchini and cauliflower need to be cooked first. I have in mind
to try an Ina Garten recipe which is zucchini sauteed and then
sprinkled with Parmesan. I am also thinking of something like a
zucchini gratin... The cauliflower I could roast, but I am in the
mood for something different...

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> On Nov 1, 4:54?pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
>> Ted Campanelli wrote:
>>
>>> The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about all
>>> the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".

>> Your first post here and all you can write is an off topic comment to the
>> non-existent moderator in an unmoderated newsgroup. Go back to lurking.

> This is far from his first post here. Ted Campanelli has posted to
> rfc longer than you or anyone who's joined this thread so far except
> me.

I knew I recognized his name; I was wondering how a regular would think
rfc was moderated...

--

Sarah Gray
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 23:14:13 GMT, Ted Campanelli wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry. I did not realize the groups were not moderated. I am just
>>> getting tired wading through ads for Nike shoes, pocketbooks, sex pills,
>>> etc. to find the food related items.

>> You need to killfile everything posted from Google. Show no
>> mercy to those Google-whiners. If somebody gets offended, spit
>> on them.
>>

> Steve Wertz on "How to Win Friends and Influence People."

Who wants to be friends with spam?
(which makes a funny mental picture :>)

--

Sarah Gray

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ted Campanelli wrote:

> Sorry. I did not realize the groups were not moderated. I am just
> getting tired wading through ads for Nike shoes, pocketbooks, sex pills,
> etc. to find the food related items.

I hear ya Ted. The worst offenders are actually some of the regulars...
that's more annoying to me than the drive by spam.
I don't mind "thread drift" but the enormous amount of off topic threads
started from the get go *is* annoying.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 21:49:56 -0400, Goomba38 >
wrote:

>I hear ya Ted. The worst offenders are actually some of the regulars...
>that's more annoying to me than the drive by spam.
>I don't mind "thread drift" but the enormous amount of off topic threads
>started from the get go *is* annoying.

I decided to try a reverse tactic...to do the thread drift thing, but
to drift it back to food. Probably won't work...but what the
hell...LOL.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 02:07:59 GMT, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>Speaking of hell, has anyone tried the "Deviled Eggs from Hell"
>recipe?
>
>http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/rec...ell92277.shtml
>
>;-)
>
>-sw

No, I haven't. This is the first time I have been to that site, and
it looks interesting.

Speaking of recipes from this site, I just found this one. I have
everything that it needs...

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/rec...ou103453.shtml

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> > Your first post here and all you can write is an off topic comment to the
>> > non-existent moderator in an unmoderated newsgroup. Go back to lurking.

>> This is far from his first post here. Ted Campanelli has posted to
>> rfc longer than you or anyone who's joined this thread so far except
>> me.

> Well excuse the hell out of me. I only keep a few hundred messages in my
> system, which is about a week, and there was nothing in that time. I don't
> recall any input from him.

GG shows that over the last year (that's as far back as I checked) he's
posted once or twice per month on average.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ted Campanelli wrote:
> Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not
> so great) words of knowledge:
>> The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about all
>> the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".

> Sorry. I did not realize the groups were not moderated. I am just
> getting tired wading through ads for Nike shoes, pocketbooks, sex pills,
> etc. to find the food related items.

I never see those in here. Neither do many others. Use a feed that's
adequately filtered.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> Oh pshaw, on Thu 01 Nov 2007 04:25:03p, Sqwertz meant to say...
>
>> On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 23:14:13 GMT, Ted Campanelli wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry. I did not realize the groups were not moderated. I am just
>>> getting tired wading through ads for Nike shoes, pocketbooks, sex pills,
>>> etc. to find the food related items.

>> You need to killfile everything posted from Google. Show no
>> mercy to those Google-whiners. If somebody gets offended, spit
>> on them.
>>
>> -sw

> It's not just Google, Steve. It's better (at least for me) to filter by
> keywords.

It's best to filter on Google Groups -- and other things *too*.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On 2 Nov 2007 02:17:36 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:
>
>> Ted Campanelli wrote:
>>> Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes
>>> not so great) words of knowledge:
>>>
>>> Sorry. I did not realize the groups were not moderated. I am just
>>> getting tired wading through ads for Nike shoes, pocketbooks, sex
>>> pills, etc. to find the food related items.

>> I never see those in here. Neither do many others. Use a feed
>> that's adequately filtered.

> Even if your Google filter is turned off, you won't see them? That's
> where they're all coming from.

I also mentioned filtering Gropers in another post to the thread, as
well as using a cleaner feed.

As for the mix:

1. If they're from GG *and* trigger the usual bulk mail filters at
news.individual.net (and other well-filtered servers) then the servers
would, of course, dump them and they wouldn't get as far as local client
GG filtering.

2. If they're from GG but *don't* trigger server bulk mail filters, then
local client GG filters would whack them.

And the way to filter posts from GG is, of course, to filter on their
*Message-ID" headers, not their email addresses, since many non-spammers
and other objectionables use a gmail address (but *all* GG posters have a
filterable GG string in their Message-ID headers).

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Ted Campanelli wrote:
>> Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes
>> not so great) words of knowledge:
>>> The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about
>>> all the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".

>> Sorry. I did not realize the groups were not moderated. I am just
>> getting tired wading through ads for Nike shoes, pocketbooks, sex
>> pills, etc. to find the food related items.

> Do like I did, Ted. Filter out @gmail and you'll eliminate a lot of
> that crap. Some of it still comes through but not nearly as much.

And a lot of innocent posters with gmail accounts, too. This is a
stupid an attempt to filter GG posters as it has been the other times
you've tried to sell it. GG posters and gmail from addresses do NOT map
one-to-one. But GG posters and their identifiable Message-ID headers
DO. You may be a great cook and a fine person, but you're peddling
bullshit with this gmail filtering. The problem is googlegroups.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On 2 Nov 2007 03:14:01 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Even if your Google filter is turned off, you won't see them?
>>> That's where they're all coming from.

>> I also mentioned filtering Gropers in another post to the thread, as
>> well as using a cleaner feed.

> But in your response you implied that news.individual.net was
> filtering the Google-Spam. I was trying to find out if your NSP was
> filtering them, or your google filter was clearing them out.

Because I don't *see* the spam, I don't know where it's from. So you
pointed out that *this* spam is GG spam. So NOW I know that it needs to
be locally filtered (i.e. that it's my local filtering that's killing
these and not server filtering), and we're discussing THAT. When new
information presents itself, the discussion changes to accomodate it. I
don't see a problem with this.

> As far as I know, none of the NSP's have taken a stance against the
> Google-spam.

Agreed. It's a shame.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote

> LOL Actually, I recognized Ted's name. He's not a newbie so I was quite
> surprised to find he was surprised this is an unmoderated ng!

I recognise Ted, too, so I thought ... do I recognise him from a
different newsgroup? Didn't think so.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sarah Gray wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:

>>> Your first post here and all you can write is an off topic comment
>>> to the non-existent moderator in an unmoderated newsgroup. Go back
>>> to lurking.

>> This is far from his first post here. Ted Campanelli has posted to
>> rfc longer than you or anyone who's joined this thread so far except
>> me.
>>

> I knew I recognized his name; I was wondering how a regular would
> think rfc was moderated...

Or that OT posts are a surprise!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ted Campanelli wrote:
> Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes
> not so great) words of knowledge:
>> The moderator of this forum needs to step in and do something about
>> all the posts for "EVERYTHING EXCEPT FOOD RELATED ITEMS".

> Sorry. I did not realize the groups were not moderated. I am just
> getting tired wading through ads for Nike shoes, pocketbooks, sex
> pills, etc. to find the food related items.

Do like I did, Ted. Filter out @gmail and you'll eliminate a lot of that
crap. Some of it still comes through but not nearly as much.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney > wrote in
:

> On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 21:49:56 -0400, Goomba38 >
> wrote:
>

>>I hear ya Ted. The worst offenders are actually some of the regulars...
>>that's more annoying to me than the drive by spam.
>>I don't mind "thread drift" but the enormous amount of off topic

threads
>>started from the get go *is* annoying.

> I decided to try a reverse tactic...to do the thread drift thing, but
> to drift it back to food. Probably won't work...but what the
> hell...LOL.
>
> Christine

don't tell miss Y but I'm making the dreaded grape jelly meatballs for a
office potluck on Nov 14th....SHHHH! It's a secret! It was requested of
me.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 01 Nov 2007 08:48:16p, hahabogus meant to say...

> Christine Dabney > wrote in
> :
>
>> On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 21:49:56 -0400, Goomba38 >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>I hear ya Ted. The worst offenders are actually some of the regulars...
>>>that's more annoying to me than the drive by spam.
>>>I don't mind "thread drift" but the enormous amount of off topic
>>>threads started from the get go *is* annoying.

>> I decided to try a reverse tactic...to do the thread drift thing, but
>> to drift it back to food. Probably won't work...but what the
>> hell...LOL.
>>
>> Christine
>>

> don't tell miss Y but I'm making the dreaded grape jelly meatballs for a
> office potluck on Nov 14th....SHHHH! It's a secret! It was requested of
> me.

I like them better when made with cranberry sauce.

--
Wayne Boatwright

(to e-mail me direct, replace cox dot net with gmail dot com)

Reality is nothing but a collective hunch.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 03:48:16 GMT, hahabogus > wrote:

>don't tell miss Y but I'm making the dreaded grape jelly meatballs for a
>office potluck on Nov 14th....SHHHH! It's a secret! It was requested of
>me.

Well..you know how she is about ferreting out secrets..so she is bound
to find out....

Christine

No moderator= spam central Fl Randonneur Sourdough 1 13-10-2010 11:07 PM
ADMINISTRIVIA: Would you like to be a Moderator? Patricia D. Hill Recipes (moderated) 0 17-09-2005 01:26 AM
Australian Moderator? JC Winemaking 0 24-01-2005 06:22 AM
Moderator - Administrator Dee Randall General Cooking 34 14-12-2003 04:10 AM
ADMINISTRATIVE: Would you like to be a Moderator? Patricia D. Hill Recipes (moderated) 0 19-11-2003 04:07 PM