Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Make great homemade bread

This is my favorite no knead light bread recipe. Hope you enjoy it.
http://www.helium.com/tm/134909/year...ss-fresh-baked

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:24:52 -0600, "Lenard" > wrote:

>This is my favorite no knead light bread recipe. Hope you enjoy it.

Here is mine...without promoting a web site.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

White Loaf Bread

breads

2 1/4 teaspoon yeast
1/2 cup water
1 3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon shortening
6 cup White Lily bread flour

Dissolve yeast in warm water (105F.); set aside. Heat milk, sugar,
salt and
shortening to 115F. Stir into yeast mixture. Beat in 2 cups flour.
Stir in
enough of remaining flour to make a fairly stiff dough. Turn out onto
lightly floured surface. Knead 10 minutes, slowly add flour a
tablespoon at
a time, as needed, to prevent sticking. Place dough in greased bowl,
turning to greased surface is on top. Cover with damp towel and let
rise in
a warm place (such as an oven with a pan of hottest tap water on rack
below) for an hour or until doubled in size.

Punch down dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Divide dough
in
half. Shape each half into smooth ball. Cover with damp towel. Let
rest for
10 minutes. Flatten to remove air bubbles. Roll into two 14x8"
rectangles.
Roll up tightly (jelly roll fashion) from short side. Seal seam and
ends.
Place in 2 greased 8 x 4 " loaf pans. Let rise in warm place until
sides of
loaf are even with top of pan.

Bake in preheated oven at 375F. for 45 minutes. Cover with foil last
15
minutes. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.

Courtesy: White Lily Bread Company, Knoxville, TN

VARIATIONS: Breadsticks - After first rise time, punch down dough.
Divide
dough in half. Cut each half into 32 pieces; shape each into 8 inch
long
breadstick. Place on greased cookie sheets. Brush with beaten egg
white;
sprinkle with sesame seed. Cover; let rise in warm place about 30
minutes
or until doubled in size. Bake at 400F. for about 14 minutes.

Pizza Crust - After first rise time, punch down dough. Divide dough
into 4
parts; press each part to cover bottom and sides of greased 12-inch
pizza
pan. Cover; let rise in warm place about 15 minutes. Top with desired
sauce
and toppings. Bake at 400F. for about 25 minutes.

Hamburger Buns - After first rise time, punch down dough. Divide dough
in
half; shape each half into eight 2-inch balls. If desired, flatten
slightly. Place on greased cookie sheets. Let rise in warm place about
30
minutes. Bake at 400F. for about 15 minutes.

Contributor: White Lily Bread Company, Knoxville, TN

Yield: 2 loaves

The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice.
Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures
may not be consistent with what you know to be true.

As with any recipe, you may find your personal
intervention will be necessary. Bon Appetit!
Posted to rec.food.baking

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:07:15 -0500, Ward Abbott > wrote:

>>This is my favorite no knead light bread recipe. Hope you enjoy it.

>Here is mine...without promoting a web site.
>
>.... Knead 10 minutes....

What's wrong with this picture?

-- Larry