Posted to soc.culture.usa,alt.food.asian,ba.food

Default Lamb stew

On Jan 23, 8:02*pm, "William Grosvenor" > wrote...
> What is everyone's favorite recipe for lamb stew?

I can't make it myself, but my favorite recipe for lamb is one of the
Pakistani-Indian curries. One type I like is rogan gosht, and the
other is korma, which is tomato-based. Don't try making them
yourself, they are best enjoyed at a good Indian restaurant.

Posted to soc.culture.usa,alt.food.asian,ba.food

On Jan 23, 7:59*pm, wrote:
> On Jan 23, 8:02*pm, "William Grosvenor" > wrote...
>
> > What is everyone's favorite recipe for lamb stew?

> I can't make it myself, but my favorite recipe for lamb is one of the
> Pakistani-Indian curries. *One type I like is rogan gosht, and the
> other is korma, which is tomato-based. *Don't try making them
> yourself, they are best enjoyed at a good Indian restaurant.

Huh? I would rather not make pakoras or samosas myself, but rogan
gosht is not difficult to make. In fact, since. I have everything in
the house to make it right now, except coriander leaves and the lamb
itself, I might make it this week.

Posted to soc.culture.usa,alt.food.asian,ba.food

In article >,
> wrote:
>Huh? I would rather not make pakoras or samosas myself

Heh. Reminds me of the first time ever in my life I tried to cook
a meal. Samosas are easy enough when you know how, but not for a
first-time cook.

I tried making mung bean soup and samosas for a party of 5
roommates, with whom I was living for a short while in a vegetarian
house.

The "Moosewood Cookbook" said prep time is 2 1/2 hours, I recall.
Hah! I'm glad I started in the morning with the intent to
refrigerate them and have them ready for deep-frying by evening.
8 hours later, I was still working to get them done in time for
dinner. Not having learned the skill of cleaning up while working,
I had used up almost every pot and pan in the well-stocked kitchen.
I was in a panic.

Another source ofpanic was the mung bean soup I tried to make at the
same time, without a recipe, just my own "intuition". Right. I
figured, 5 people eating, here's a soup bowl, so I measured out 5
bowls of beans into a pot. I felt a growing sense of alarm as I had
to transfer to a bigger pot twice, ending up with a cauldron, and
had to run to the store to get more ingredients to cut into the soup.

The soup samosas turned out wonderfully, and my roommates were
impressed, saying I shouldn't have attempted samosas my first time
cooking anything. We were eating that bean soup for 4 days, though.

-A
Posted to soc.culture.usa,alt.food.asian,ba.food

On Jan 25, 10:33*pm, (axlq) wrote:

> Another source ofpanic was the mung bean soup I tried to make at the
> same time, without a recipe, just my own "intuition". *Right. *I
> figured, 5 people eating, here's a soup bowl, so I measured out 5
> bowls of beans into a pot.

Okay, that's funny.

V., live and learn!
--
Veronique Chez Sheep

Posted to soc.culture.usa,alt.food.asian,ba.food

In article >,
Veronique > wrote:
>On Jan 25, 10:33*pm, (axlq) wrote:
>> Another source ofpanic was the mung bean soup I tried to make at the
>> same time, without a recipe, just my own "intuition". *Right. *I
>> figured, 5 people eating, here's a soup bowl, so I measured out 5
>> bowls of beans into a pot.

>Okay, that's funny.

I now use that story, stopping right there where you cut it off, as
a quick litmus test to figure out if someone knows anything about
cooking. Those who do, will smile or laugh.

-A

Lamb stew curry cshenk General Cooking 4 28-02-2015 11:11 PM
Lamb Stew cshenk General Cooking 11 21-01-2015 03:48 PM
REC: Guinness Lamb Stew Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 5 18-03-2009 02:52 PM
Bought some lamb meat (stew) but i don't want to make stew amandaF General Cooking 6 01-09-2008 03:27 AM
Lamb stew, finished OmManiPadmeOmelet General Cooking 9 01-02-2006 04:21 AM