LittleMissTerious

Default Advice needed re. bacon in Vegetarian meal

Hi

Hoping somebody has some advice on how is best to proceed...

I was absolutely mortified after finding a piece of bacon in my
peas/carrots whilst out for a Yate's "vegetarian roast" on sunday. I
have been veggie for 17 years (the proper non-fish eating, non-gelatine
eating type!!!!) so as you can imagine I'm feeling pretty sick to the
stomach - thank God I didn't eat it, tho the thought of having eaten
vegetables that had been in contact with it - well, I won't dwell on
that one, I'm sure you get the idea.

The manager was pleasant and sympathetic, gave us a refund and said I
should contact head office and "take it as far as I'd like". Have to
say I feel like suing the ars*s off em, but this is the UK, so probably
not likely to happen. He thinks it was a cross-contamination - probably
fell off a bacon something or another on a higher shelf, tho frankly I
don't think that is acceptable!

Anybody have any ideas who I should call - they obviously need some
sort of inspection & to look at their kitchen design.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Lisa

Beach Runner

LittleMissTerious wrote:

> Hi
>
> Hoping somebody has some advice on how is best to proceed...
>
> I was absolutely mortified after finding a piece of bacon in my
> peas/carrots whilst out for a Yate's "vegetarian roast" on sunday. I
> have been veggie for 17 years (the proper non-fish eating, non-gelatine
> eating type!!!!) so as you can imagine I'm feeling pretty sick to the
> stomach - thank God I didn't eat it, tho the thought of having eaten
> vegetables that had been in contact with it - well, I won't dwell on
> that one, I'm sure you get the idea.
>
> The manager was pleasant and sympathetic, gave us a refund and said I
> should contact head office and "take it as far as I'd like". Have to
> say I feel like suing the ars*s off em, but this is the UK, so probably
> not likely to happen. He thinks it was a cross-contamination - probably
> fell off a bacon something or another on a higher shelf, tho frankly I
> don't think that is acceptable!
>
> Anybody have any ideas who I should call - they obviously need some
> sort of inspection & to look at their kitchen design.
>
> Any advice would be gratefully received.
>
> Lisa

Lisa,

If is very common for restaurants to flavor veggies with meat. It is
likely intentional. Suggest a side dish. I doubt they will go for it.

Best of luck. It also shows that they use their meat cutting
implements around veggies, which is a health risk.

Masha

I hate to say that in the UK, and I can't comment on anywhere else as I live
in London, it's quite common, unless you eat in a veggie restaurant (and
there are some nice ones about), it will happen - they pay lip service to
veggie food. I was in a cafe in Greenwich with my parents, I'm veggie,
they're Kosher. We ordered the set veggie breakfast, after 10 mins they
said sorry there's a delay they got the order wrong, fair enough we said.
When the food finally came out, under my dad's veggie sausage was a piece of
bacon! They'd obviously (badly) scraped off the wrong order and replaced
our food on top, missing the piece of pig. You can't guarantee that they
don't cook the same food (i.e. a veggie burger) in the same oil/pan/grill
whatever as the meat ones. It's getting better but we have a long way to
go, I went to a pub that does a Sunday rosat, and it was amazing, they had 3
yes 3 veggie choice for main course, with 7 veg, spuds, yorkshire, stuffing
etc., and the amazing thing proper veggie gravy, yum. It was great and we
would go there again, but I won't ask them if they use the same pans etc.

"LittleMissTerious" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi
>
> Hoping somebody has some advice on how is best to proceed...
>
> I was absolutely mortified after finding a piece of bacon in my
> peas/carrots whilst out for a Yate's "vegetarian roast" on sunday. I
> have been veggie for 17 years (the proper non-fish eating, non-gelatine
> eating type!!!!) so as you can imagine I'm feeling pretty sick to the
> stomach - thank God I didn't eat it, tho the thought of having eaten
> vegetables that had been in contact with it - well, I won't dwell on
> that one, I'm sure you get the idea.
>
> The manager was pleasant and sympathetic, gave us a refund and said I
> should contact head office and "take it as far as I'd like". Have to
> say I feel like suing the ars*s off em, but this is the UK, so probably
> not likely to happen. He thinks it was a cross-contamination - probably
> fell off a bacon something or another on a higher shelf, tho frankly I
> don't think that is acceptable!
>
> Anybody have any ideas who I should call - they obviously need some
> sort of inspection & to look at their kitchen design.
>
> Any advice would be gratefully received.
>
> Lisa

Beach Runner

Masha wrote:

> I hate to say that in the UK, and I can't comment on anywhere else as I live
> in London, it's quite common, unless you eat in a veggie restaurant (and
> there are some nice ones about), it will happen - they pay lip service to
> veggie food. I was in a cafe in Greenwich with my parents, I'm veggie,
> they're Kosher. We ordered the set veggie breakfast, after 10 mins they
> said sorry there's a delay they got the order wrong, fair enough we said.
> When the food finally came out, under my dad's veggie sausage was a piece of
> bacon! They'd obviously (badly) scraped off the wrong order and replaced
> our food on top, missing the piece of pig. You can't guarantee that they
> don't cook the same food (i.e. a veggie burger) in the same oil/pan/grill
> whatever as the meat ones. It's getting better but we have a long way to
> go, I went to a pub that does a Sunday rosat, and it was amazing, they had 3
> yes 3 veggie choice for main course, with 7 veg, spuds, yorkshire, stuffing
> etc., and the amazing thing proper veggie gravy, yum. It was great and we
> would go there again, but I won't ask them if they use the same pans etc.

Of course, according to Usual Suspects Kosher is a sickness. He is an
anti semite.
Beach Runner

Masha wrote:

> I hate to say that in the UK, and I can't comment on anywhere else as I live
> in London, it's quite common, unless you eat in a veggie restaurant (and
> there are some nice ones about), it will happen - they pay lip service to
> veggie food. I was in a cafe in Greenwich with my parents, I'm veggie,
> they're Kosher. We ordered the set veggie breakfast, after 10 mins they
> said sorry there's a delay they got the order wrong, fair enough we said.
> When the food finally came out, under my dad's veggie sausage was a piece of
> bacon! They'd obviously (badly) scraped off the wrong order and replaced
> our food on top, missing the piece of pig. You can't guarantee that they
> don't cook the same food (i.e. a veggie burger) in the same oil/pan/grill
> whatever as the meat ones. It's getting better but we have a long way to
> go, I went to a pub that does a Sunday rosat, and it was amazing, they had 3
> yes 3 veggie choice for main course, with 7 veg, spuds, yorkshire, stuffing
> etc., and the amazing thing proper veggie gravy, yum. It was great and we
> would go there again, but I won't ask them if they use the same pans etc.
>

> "LittleMissTerious" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>Hi
>>
>>Hoping somebody has some advice on how is best to proceed...
>>
>>I was absolutely mortified after finding a piece of bacon in my
>>peas/carrots whilst out for a Yate's "vegetarian roast" on sunday. I
>>have been veggie for 17 years (the proper non-fish eating, non-gelatine
>>eating type!!!!) so as you can imagine I'm feeling pretty sick to the
>>stomach - thank God I didn't eat it, tho the thought of having eaten
>>vegetables that had been in contact with it - well, I won't dwell on
>>that one, I'm sure you get the idea.
>>
>>The manager was pleasant and sympathetic, gave us a refund and said I
>>should contact head office and "take it as far as I'd like". Have to
>>say I feel like suing the ars*s off em, but this is the UK, so probably
>>not likely to happen. He thinks it was a cross-contamination - probably
>>fell off a bacon something or another on a higher shelf, tho frankly I
>>don't think that is acceptable!
>>
>>Anybody have any ideas who I should call - they obviously need some
>>sort of inspection & to look at their kitchen design.
>>
>>Any advice would be gratefully received.
>>
>>Lisa

That demonstrates that Kosher laws were scientifically correct, that
food mixing in preparation was a real concern. Now we see the same
problem with vegetarian contamination.

And of course, it is well known that cross food contamination is common
at most restaurants. They use the same knife or board to cut the dead
flesh as chop veggies resulting in diseases like E Coli.

Your concern is well placed. People that have worked in the restaurant
business will tell you how unhealthy they are with few exceptions. And
the workers often lack basic hygiene that handle your food. One should
be careful where they eat, and don't be embarrassed to inspect. If the
bathroom isn't clean, how can the food be? If they don't take proper
care of their garbage, that's a terrible sign.

usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
>> I hate to say that in the UK, and I can't comment on anywhere else as
>> I live
>> in London, it's quite common, unless you eat in a veggie restaurant (and
>> there are some nice ones about), it will happen - they pay lip service to
>> veggie food. I was in a cafe in Greenwich with my parents, I'm veggie,
>> they're Kosher. We ordered the set veggie breakfast, after 10 mins they
>> said sorry there's a delay they got the order wrong, fair enough we said.
>> When the food finally came out, under my dad's veggie sausage was a
>> piece of
>> bacon! They'd obviously (badly) scraped off the wrong order and replaced
>> our food on top, missing the piece of pig. You can't guarantee that they
>> don't cook the same food (i.e. a veggie burger) in the same oil/pan/grill
>> whatever as the meat ones. It's getting better but we have a long way to
>> go, I went to a pub that does a Sunday rosat, and it was amazing, they
>> had 3
>> yes 3 veggie choice for main course, with 7 veg, spuds, yorkshire,
>> stuffing
>> etc., and the amazing thing proper veggie gravy, yum. It was great
>> and we
>> would go there again, but I won't ask them if they use the same pans etc.
>>

>> "LittleMissTerious" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Hoping somebody has some advice on how is best to proceed...
>>>
>>> I was absolutely mortified after finding a piece of bacon in my
>>> peas/carrots whilst out for a Yate's "vegetarian roast" on sunday. I
>>> have been veggie for 17 years (the proper non-fish eating, non-gelatine
>>> eating type!!!!) so as you can imagine I'm feeling pretty sick to the
>>> stomach - thank God I didn't eat it, tho the thought of having eaten
>>> vegetables that had been in contact with it - well, I won't dwell on
>>> that one, I'm sure you get the idea.
>>>
>>> The manager was pleasant and sympathetic, gave us a refund and said I
>>> should contact head office and "take it as far as I'd like". Have to
>>> say I feel like suing the ars*s off em, but this is the UK, so probably
>>> not likely to happen. He thinks it was a cross-contamination - probably
>>> fell off a bacon something or another on a higher shelf, tho frankly I
>>> don't think that is acceptable!
>>>
>>> Anybody have any ideas who I should call - they obviously need some
>>> sort of inspection & to look at their kitchen design.
>>>
>>> Any advice would be gratefully received.
>>>
>>> Lisa
>>> x

> That demonstrates that Kosher laws were scientifically correct,

No, it doesn't. Non sequitur. I can't believe how stupid you are.

> that food mixing in preparation was a real concern.

It was NOT a concern. People have long mixed foods and ingredients. It
has NO bearing on health so long as the ingredients aren't contaminated.

> Now we see the same
> problem with vegetarian contamination.

It's not a problem. She got a refund. They'll try to figure out what
happened and insure it doesn't happen again.

> And of course, it is well known that cross food contamination is common
> at most restaurants.

She didn't get PHYSICALLY ill, numb nuts. She's having a MENTAL
breakdown because of an irrational fear that somehow she's no longer as
"pure" as she was beforehand because some of the food passing down her
throat merely came into contact with something she finds offensive. She
is orthorexic.

> They use the same knife or board to cut the dead
> flesh as chop veggies resulting in diseases like E Coli.

E coli isn't spread by contact with flesh, but rather through fecal
contamination. E coli can contaminate produce which NEVER comes into
contact with meat. That was the case when Odwalla juices sickened small
children because their hippie parents thought "unpasteurized organic"
foods and juices were somehow superior to anything else.

> Your concern is well placed.

No, it's irrational and sign of a mental illness.

> People that

WHO, not that.

> have worked in the restaurant
> business will tell you how unhealthy they are with few exceptions.

Health inspectors would like to know where these violators are located.

> And the workers often lack basic hygiene that handle your food.

Inform health inspectors. That's one of the first things they observe.

> One should be careful where they eat,

ONE should be careful where HE or SHE eats. Make your pronouns agree
with antecedents, dummy.

> and don't be embarrassed to inspect. If the
> bathroom isn't clean, how can the food be?
> If they don't take proper
> care of their garbage, that's a terrible sign.

I'd stay out if they had homeless people or bumbling riff-raff like you
loitering around their premises.
usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
>> I hate to say that in the UK, and I can't comment on anywhere else as
>> I live
>> in London, it's quite common, unless you eat in a veggie restaurant (and
>> there are some nice ones about), it will happen - they pay lip service to
>> veggie food. I was in a cafe in Greenwich with my parents, I'm veggie,
>> they're Kosher. We ordered the set veggie breakfast, after 10 mins they
>> said sorry there's a delay they got the order wrong, fair enough we said.
>> When the food finally came out, under my dad's veggie sausage was a
>> piece of
>> bacon! They'd obviously (badly) scraped off the wrong order and replaced
>> our food on top, missing the piece of pig. You can't guarantee that they
>> don't cook the same food (i.e. a veggie burger) in the same oil/pan/grill
>> whatever as the meat ones. It's getting better but we have a long way to
>> go, I went to a pub that does a Sunday rosat, and it was amazing, they
>> had 3
>> yes 3 veggie choice for main course, with 7 veg, spuds, yorkshire,
>> stuffing
>> etc., and the amazing thing proper veggie gravy, yum. It was great
>> and we
>> would go there again, but I won't ask them if they use the same pans etc.

> Of course, according to Usual Suspects Kosher is a sickness.

I appreciate the laws against eating pork, particularly since they were
given to a wandering group in the desert -- two things which aren't good
for pork production. I've only said that it's orthorexic to the extent
that people follow silly rules which have no basis in the texts: two
sets of pots, endless and baseless rules about what can or can't be
eaten together, and so on. And if the "piece of pig" is objectionable,
why is she even eating food prepared by Gentiles? That, too, is as treif
as the bacon or as a cheeseburger, and some rabbis forbid religious from
eating such food just because it's prepared by non-Jews.

http://tinyurl.com/8dyn5

> He is an anti semite.

I am not. You're a bumbling twit who abuses substances and has a
learning disability.
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:
> Beach Runner wrote:
>
>>> I hate to say that in the UK, and I can't comment on anywhere else as
>>> I live
>>> in London, it's quite common, unless you eat in a veggie restaurant (and
>>> there are some nice ones about), it will happen - they pay lip
>>> service to
>>> veggie food. I was in a cafe in Greenwich with my parents, I'm veggie,
>>> they're Kosher. We ordered the set veggie breakfast, after 10 mins they
>>> said sorry there's a delay they got the order wrong, fair enough we
>>> said.
>>> When the food finally came out, under my dad's veggie sausage was a
>>> piece of
>>> bacon! They'd obviously (badly) scraped off the wrong order and
>>> replaced
>>> our food on top, missing the piece of pig. You can't guarantee that
>>> they
>>> don't cook the same food (i.e. a veggie burger) in the same
>>> oil/pan/grill
>>> whatever as the meat ones. It's getting better but we have a long
>>> way to
>>> go, I went to a pub that does a Sunday rosat, and it was amazing,
>>> they had 3
>>> yes 3 veggie choice for main course, with 7 veg, spuds, yorkshire,
>>> stuffing
>>> etc., and the amazing thing proper veggie gravy, yum. It was great
>>> and we
>>> would go there again, but I won't ask them if they use the same pans
>>> etc.

>> Of course, according to Usual Suspects Kosher is a sickness.

> I appreciate the laws against eating pork, particularly since they were
> given to a wandering group in the desert -- two things which aren't good
> for pork production. I've only said that it's orthorexic to the extent
> that people follow silly rules which have no basis in the texts: two
> sets of pots, endless and baseless rules about what can or can't be
> eaten together, and so on. And if the "piece of pig" is objectionable,
> why is she even eating food prepared by Gentiles? That, too, is as treif
> as the bacon or as a cheeseburger, and some rabbis forbid religious from
> eating such food just because it's prepared by non-Jews.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/8dyn5
>
>> He is an anti semite.

Anyone who says Kosher is an eating disorder is an anti semite.
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

> Beach Runner wrote:
>
>>> I hate to say that in the UK, and I can't comment on anywhere else as
>>> I live
>>> in London, it's quite common, unless you eat in a veggie restaurant (and
>>> there are some nice ones about), it will happen - they pay lip
>>> service to
>>> veggie food. I was in a cafe in Greenwich with my parents, I'm veggie,
>>> they're Kosher. We ordered the set veggie breakfast, after 10 mins they
>>> said sorry there's a delay they got the order wrong, fair enough we
>>> said.
>>> When the food finally came out, under my dad's veggie sausage was a
>>> piece of
>>> bacon! They'd obviously (badly) scraped off the wrong order and
>>> replaced
>>> our food on top, missing the piece of pig. You can't guarantee that
>>> they
>>> don't cook the same food (i.e. a veggie burger) in the same
>>> oil/pan/grill
>>> whatever as the meat ones. It's getting better but we have a long
>>> way to
>>> go, I went to a pub that does a Sunday rosat, and it was amazing,
>>> they had 3
>>> yes 3 veggie choice for main course, with 7 veg, spuds, yorkshire,
>>> stuffing
>>> etc., and the amazing thing proper veggie gravy, yum. It was great
>>> and we
>>> would go there again, but I won't ask them if they use the same pans
>>> etc.
>>>

>>> "LittleMissTerious" > wrote in message
>>> oups.com...

If you read the newspapers there are health reports daily. Call them.

>> That demonstrates that Kosher laws were scientifically correct,

It shows how mixing implements can lead to danger.
> No, it doesn't. Non sequitur. I can't believe how stupid you are.
>
>> that food mixing in preparation was a real concern.

> It was NOT a concern. People have long mixed foods and ingredients. It
> has NO bearing on health so long as the ingredients aren't contaminated.

If you cut dead flesh and then use the same knife on veggies, you cross
contaminate the food.

Now we even outlaw butcher blocks because they retain bacteria.
>> Now we see the same problem with vegetarian contamination.

> It's not a problem. She got a refund. They'll try to figure out what
> happened and insure it doesn't happen again.

No, she had a problem. Her meal was ruined. And it demonstrated that
food preparers tried to cover up their mistakes.
>> And of course, it is well known that cross food contamination is
>> common at most restaurants.

> She didn't get PHYSICALLY ill, numb nuts. She's having a MENTAL
> breakdown because of an irrational fear that somehow she's no longer as
> "pure" as she was beforehand because some of the food passing down her
> throat merely came into contact with something she finds offensive. She
> is orthorexic.

And a vegan for many reasons. That doesn't mean she's orthorexic. She
doesn't want contaminated food that's been obviously tampered with.

>> They use the same knife or board to cut the dead flesh as chop veggies
>> resulting in diseases like E Coli.

> E coli isn't spread by contact with flesh, but rather through fecal
> contamination.

Which is common in uncooked flesh from factory farms, along with other
bacteria.

E coli can contaminate produce which NEVER comes into
> contact with meat. That was the case when Odwalla juices sickened small
> children because their hippie parents thought "unpasteurized organic"
> foods and juices were somehow superior to anything else.

Hippie parents? What a prejudiced person, not just anti semetic.
Organic foods contain less pesticides, and this comes from consumer
reports. But you know better. You'd probably trust the guy in the food
industry first before Consume Reports. He never heard of conflict of
interest?.

I live in Florida. If you can't taste the difference between fresh
squeezed juice and Tropica something ELSE is wrong with you.

>> Your concern is well placed.

> No, it's irrational and sign of a mental illness.

No, she chooses not to eat meat, ordered a meatless meal, and got one
anyway, even though her servers tried to fool her. If they'll do that
they'll pick up food from the floor, they've shown they can't be
trusted. They've shown they can't be trusted.

You are not the one to make judgments on other's.

>> People that

> WHO, not that.
>
>> have worked in the restaurant business will tell you how unhealthy
>> they are with few exceptions.

> Health inspectors would like to know where these violators are located.

They do all the time. Read the reports, rarely does an establishment
come out clean.
>> And the workers often lack basic hygiene that handle your food.

> Inform health inspectors. That's one of the first things they observe.

Yes, read the reports, but trust your own eyes first.
>> One should be careful where they eat,

> ONE should be careful where HE or SHE eats. Make your pronouns agree
> with antecedents, dummy.
>

>> and don't be embarrassed to inspect. If the bathroom isn't clean, how
>> can the food be?
>> If they don't take proper care of their garbage, that's a terrible sign.

> I'd stay out if they had homeless people or bumbling riff-raff like you
> loitering around their premises.

I'll ignore that stupid remark. I gave practical advice, given to me by
someone who taught food preparation. And is obvious.
LittleMissTerious

Excuse me, but whom the hell are you to say I'm having a MENTAL
BREAKDOWN?? How DARE you criticise and judge my mental health! Having
never met or spoken to me, I do not think you are in any way in a
position to make such an irrational assumption, not that anybody asked
for your opinion. I doubt that you are qualified or even well educated
enough to do so in any case.

Incidentally, where exactly did I say I thought I was not "pure"?? If
you are going to quote me, at least get your facts straight. I am
certainly not Orthorexic. I am not obsessed with my food or my diet at
all, I have no desire to be "pure", I have a very healthy appetite, and
enjoy a large variety of foods, I just happen to dislike meat and would
no longer eat it on ethical grounds...not that it is any business of
yours.

I find it more than a little pathetic that you clearly have nothing
better to do with your time than trawl through websites/groups looking
for somebody you can pick an argument with. Your input was neither of
any use or interest to me, so you merely wasted your own time typing it
and now I have to waste my time and energy replying to such drivel that
it barely deserves a response.

And feel free to correct as many grammatical errors as you like,
frankly I don't give a sh*t. Though, whilst we are on the subject,
("They'll try to figure out what
happened and insure it doesn't happen again.") ensure is spelt with an
'E', not an 'I', you moron.

Oh, and the word faecal has two a's in it, not one.

And technically, seeing as you are being so pedantic, the 'E' in "E.
coli" is an abbreviation of Escherichia; hence it should be punctuated
accordingly.

Now go find some messages to which you can give a constructive response
or keep your narrow-minded opinions to yourself.

usual suspect

Bumbling Bob wrote:

>>> Of course, according to Usual Suspects Kosher is a sickness.

>> I appreciate the laws against eating pork, particularly since they
>> were given to a wandering group in the desert -- two things which
>> aren't good for pork production. I've only said that it's orthorexic
>> to the extent that people follow silly rules which have no basis in
>> the texts: two sets of pots, endless and baseless rules about what can
>> or can't be eaten together, and so on. And if the "piece of pig" is
>> objectionable, why is she even eating food prepared by Gentiles? That,
>> too, is as treif as the bacon or as a cheeseburger, and some rabbis
>> forbid religious from eating such food just because it's prepared by
>> non-Jews.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/8dyn5
>>
>>> He is an anti semite.

> Anyone who says Kosher is an eating disorder

It is. Get over it. Most Jews have.

Reform Judaism and Reconstructionist Judaism hold that these laws are no
longer binding. Most Jews in Reform Judaism have considered these laws a
hindrance, rather than a facilitator, of piety; this is still the
mainstream Reform position. Some parts of the Reform community have
begun to move towards a more traditional position. This
tradition-leaning faction agrees with mainstream Reform that the rules
concerning kashrut are no longer binding, but holds that keeping kosher
is an important way for people to bring holiness into their lives. Thus
Jews are encouraged to consider adopting some or all of the rules of
kashrut on a voluntary basis. The Reconstructionist movement advocates
that its members accept some of the rules of kashrut, but does so in a
non-binding fashion; their stance on kashrut is the same as the
tradition-leaning wing of Reform. The different movements' positions on
kashrut are reflective of their broader perspectives on Jewish law as a
whole.

Many Jews who do not meet the complete requirements of Kashrut
nevertheless maintain some subset of the laws; for instance, abstaining
from pork or shellfish. Many Jews will likewise avoid drinking milk with
a meat dish, without knowing why doing so seems alien. Similarly, many
keep a degree of Kashrut at home while having no problems eating in a
non-kosher restaurant.
http://www.answers.com/topic/kashrut
usual suspect

Bumbling Bob wrote:

> If you read the newspapers there are health reports daily. Call them.

Like the paper would care that a vegan had a tizzy because someone put
bacon in something. That's not health news. Her health was unaffected by
the bacon.

>>> That demonstrates that Kosher laws were scientifically correct,

> It shows how mixing implements can lead to danger.

There was NO danger, Boob. There was no food poisoning. This Lisa's
response was psychosomatic. Heavy emphasis on the psycho part.

>> No, it doesn't. Non sequitur. I can't believe how stupid you are.

I still can't. You're unbelievably stupid.

>>> that food mixing in preparation was a real concern.

>> It was NOT a concern. People have long mixed foods and ingredients. It
>> has NO bearing on health so long as the ingredients aren't contaminated.
>>

> If you cut dead flesh and then use the same knife on veggies, you cross
> contaminate the food.
>
> Now we even outlaw butcher blocks because they retain bacteria.

Irrelevant. Lisa's complaint was PSYCHOsomatic, not due to bacterial
contamination.

>>> Now we see the same problem with vegetarian contamination.

>> It's not a problem. She got a refund. They'll try to figure out what
>> happened and insure it doesn't happen again.

> No, she had a problem.

A psychological one.

> Her meal was ruined.

Because of her hyper-fragile psyche. The restaurant was to blame for
****ing up her order. She's to blame for blowing it all out of proportion.

> And it demonstrated that
> food preparers tried to cover up their mistakes.

Cover up how? The manager apologized and refunded her money.

>>> And of course, it is well known that cross food contamination is
>>> common at most restaurants.

>> She didn't get PHYSICALLY ill, numb nuts. She's having a MENTAL
>> breakdown because of an irrational fear that somehow she's no longer
>> as "pure" as she was beforehand because some of the food passing down
>> her throat merely came into contact with something she finds
>> offensive. She is orthorexic.

> And a vegan for many reasons.

Many dumb reasons. She's too hysterical to accept apologies or the
attempt of the manager to make amends by refunding her money.

> That doesn't mean she's orthorexic.

Yes, it does.

> She
> doesn't want contaminated food that's been obviously tampered with.

Her food was neither contaminated or tampered with.

>>> They use the same knife or board to cut the dead flesh as chop
>>> veggies resulting in diseases like E Coli.

>> E coli isn't spread by contact with flesh, but rather through fecal
>> contamination.

> Which is common in uncooked flesh from factory farms,

Wrong. E coli contamination requires fecal contact in some fashion. That
can include from organic fruit or vegetables grown with manure.

> along with other bacteria.
>
>> E coli can contaminate produce which NEVER comes into
>> contact with meat. That was the case when Odwalla juices sickened
>> small children because their hippie parents thought "unpasteurized
>> organic" foods and juices were somehow superior to anything else.
>>

> Hippie parents?

Yes, HIPPIE parents. HIPPIES who assume that because something is
organic and not pasteurized it must therefore be healthy for their young
children. Well guess what? It isn't.

> What a prejudiced person,

I'm prejudiced against people who'd give their children unpasteurized
juices.

> not just anti semetic.

I am not anti-semitic.

> Organic foods contain less pesticides, and this comes from consumer
> reports.

I've read reviews and know that organic does not mean "free of
pesticides" or even "less pesticides." Organic is a sham. Gullible
people pay more for stuff grown with the very same chemicals, just in
natural form rather than synthetic. The organic lobby -- and they do
have their own "conflicts of interest" since that's how you describe it
-- has been effective in their efforts to keep their products on an
unlevel playing field.

Organic pesticides are as toxic as their synthetic counterparts, and
many of them are banned under the Rotterdam Convention:
The Convention has already been signed by 73 countries –
including Brazil – and ratified by 18. It will come into effect
once there are 50 signatory countries.The original products list
included 22 organic pesticides considered to be *highly toxic*...
http://www.nex.org.br/english/ denucias_envenenamento.htm

[Highly toxic meaning those organic pesticides affect non-target
species, including humans.]

An organic pesticide called Dichlorodiphenyl trichloroethane is banned
because of its pervasive toxicity. You probably have heard of it by its
initials: DDT.
http://www.epa.gov/history/pub lications/formative6.htm

[DDT was linked to the death of bald eagles, a non-target species.]

Organic pesticides kill fish:
While some organic pesticides may be nontoxic or are only
slightly toxic to people, they may be very toxic to other
animals. For instance, *the organic pesticide ryania is very
toxic to fish*.
http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsh eets/HGIC2756.htm

[Fish are a non-target species.]

Organic pesticides kill a variety of *non-target species*, and foods
grown organically are not labeled "pesticide free":
Organic pesticides are used widely. Some are toxic. Rotenone
*kills fish*. Copper sulphate *kills many creatures*. In California,
an organic pesticide, sulphur, represents one-third of all
pesticide use. For obvious reasons, organic farmers don’t call
their produce "pesticide free."
http://www.ontariocorn.org/ocp mag/pestruth.html
See also:
http://www.hudson.org/index.cf m?fuseaction=publication_detai ls&id=1677

Copper sulphate is more harmful to a variety of species than its
conventional counterpart:
Leake candidly criticized organic farmers for using nasty but
"natural" pesticides. "The use of copper and sulphur fungicide
sprays seems inconsistent with the claim that organic
agriculture is pesticide-free. On examination, the
*eco-toxicology of copper sulphate is undoubtedly more harmful
and persistent than its conventional counterpart, Mancozeb*."

Leake even provided a handy table, showing that the copper
sulphate used by organic farmers is *toxic to humans, very toxic
to earthworms and fish, moderately toxic to birds and harmful to
small mammals*.
http://www.cgfi.org/materials/ articles/2000/sep_8_00.htm

Effects of copper sulphate -- an organic pesticide/fungicide -- on a
variety of species including humans:
There have been reports of *human suicide* resulting from the
ingestion of gram quantities of this material.... Copper sulfate
is very toxic to fish.... Copper sulfate is *toxic to aquatic
invertebrates, such as crab, shrimp and oysters*. Based on data
on the potential hazards posed by this material to the
*slackwater darter, freshwater mussels, and Solano grass*, and in
an effort to *minimize exposure of endangered species* to this
material, applicators in some counties are required to consult
EPA endangered species bulletins before applying copper sulfate.
http://tinyurl.com/5y4hm

Organic pesticides ARE toxins:
Organic pesticide - not an oxymoron, because many organic
farmers use pesticides. A pesticide is any compound that kills
pests. So Rotenone is considered an organic pesticide even
though it does a fantastic job of killing pests and has
questionable safety. Rotenone is derived from the roots of
various South American legumes. It is a nerve poison that
paralyzes insects. Other organic pesticides include copper
compounds that can be *tough on other organisms and the
environment*. Pyrethrins are pesticides derived from the
pyrethrum daisies. They are a nerve poison that is effective on
a wide range of insects. *Pyrethrins are moderately toxic to
mammals* and *highly toxic to fish*. It is *illegal to apply them
around ponds or waterways*. So even though it says "organic", it
can still *pack a nasty punch*.
http://www.springledgefarm.com /glossary.htm

Leake candidly criticized *organic farmers* for using nasty but
"natural" pesticides. "The use of copper and sulphur fungicide
sprays seems inconsistent with the claim that organic
agriculture is pesticide-free. On examination, the
*eco-toxicology of copper sulphate is undoubtedly more harmful
and persistent than its conventional counterpart, Mancozeb*."

Leake even provided a handy table, showing that the copper
sulphate *used by organic farmers* is *toxic to humans, very toxic
to earthworms and fish, moderately toxic to birds and harmful to
small mammals*.

> But you know better.

I know better than you do.

> You'd probably trust the guy in the food
> industry first

Would that be the ORGANIC food industry and their lobbyists or the
OVERALL food industry and their lobbyists?

> before Consume Reports.

Consumer Reports is not the end-all and be-all of truth.

> He never heard of conflict of
> interest?.

Have you, and why do you not consider organic industry propaganda to be
just as self-serving as any other? Answer: Because you're a benighted
zealot who puts his small-minded agenda ahead of the truth.

> I live in Florida.

I know, and when will you accept responsibility for moving to an
overpopulated area and causing all kinds of localized ecological damage?
When will you go back where you came from so my native Gulf Coast region
can heal itself?

> If you can't taste the difference between fresh
> squeezed juice and Tropica something ELSE is wrong with you.

I make all my own juices, dumb ass.

>>> Your concern is well placed.

>> No, it's irrational and sign of a mental illness.
>>

> No, she chooses not to eat meat, ordered a meatless meal, and got one
> anyway, even though her servers tried to fool her. If they'll do that
> they'll pick up food from the floor, they've shown they can't be
> trusted. They've shown they can't be trusted.
>
> You are not the one to make judgments on other's.

Others. And yes, I am.

>>> People that

>> WHO, not that.
>>
>>> have worked in the restaurant business will tell you how unhealthy
>>> they are with few exceptions.

>> Health inspectors would like to know where these violators are located.

> They do all the time. Read the reports, rarely does an establishment
> come out clean.

They "come out clean" more often than not around here.
http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp...8&nav=0s3cdFak

>>> And the workers often lack basic hygiene that handle your food.

>> Inform health inspectors. That's one of the first things they observe.

> Yes, read the reports, but trust your own eyes first.

I didn't write to read reports, dumb ass. If you observe something you
find objectionable or even questionable, inform health inspectors.

>>> One should be careful where they eat,

>> ONE should be careful where HE or SHE eats. Make your pronouns agree
>> with antecedents, dummy.

>>> and don't be embarrassed to inspect. If the bathroom isn't clean, how
>>> can the food be?
>>> If they don't take proper care of their garbage, that's a terrible sign.

>> I'd stay out if they had homeless people or bumbling riff-raff like
>> you loitering around their premises.

> I'll ignore that

You shouldn't, shithead. It's apropos. Do you look like a homeless
person or just mutter-ishly write like one?
usual suspect

LittleMissTerious wrote:
> Excuse me, but whom the hell are you to say I'm having a MENTAL
> BREAKDOWN??

I am "usual suspect."

> How DARE you criticise and judge my mental health!

I didn't criticize it, I made an informed assessment based on your
psychosomatic complaint arising from a screwed-up food order.

> Having never met or spoken to me,

I read your post. That was sufficient.

"I was absolutely mortified..."
"I'm feeling pretty sick to the stomach..."

Etc.

> I do not think you are in any way in a
> position to make such an irrational assumption,

I didn't assume anything, and my assessment is quite rational.

> not that anybody asked for your opinion.

You started your post by writing, "Hoping somebody has some advice on
how is best to proceed..." Clearly you were in search of opinions. I
refrained at the time I read your post from giving you the following advice:

1. Grow up.
2. Get over it.
3. If you have problems complying with 1 or 2, seek appropriate
psychiatric treatment.

> I doubt that you are qualified or even well educated
> enough to do so in any case.

You're wrong on both counts.

> Incidentally, where exactly did I say I thought I was not "pure"??

From this:
I have been veggie for 17 years (the proper non-fish eating,
non-gelatine eating type!!!!) so as you can imagine I'm feeling
pretty sick to the stomach - thank God I didn't eat it, tho the
thought of having eaten vegetables that had been in contact with
it - well, I won't dwell on that one, I'm sure you get the idea.

Why don't you eat fish or gelatin if you're not into being a "pure" veg-n?

> If you are going to quote me, at least get your facts straight.

I believe I didn't exaggerate your positions. They're melodramatic on
their own.

> I am certainly not Orthorexic.

You are, and you're in denial.

> I am not obsessed with my food or my diet at all,

Then why could you not merely pick out the bacon if the peas and carrots
were acceptable (or even tasty!) otherwise, or just avoid the peas and
carrots? Why could you not accept the manager's apology and prompt,
cheerful refund? Why would you feel the need "[sue] the ars*s off em"
because of a such a small and already remediated error?

> I have no desire to be "pure",

Then why would you define yourself as "the proper non-fish eating,
non-gelatine eating type!!!!"? Why would you "[feel] pretty sick to the
stomach" at "the thought of having eaten vegetables that had been in
contact with" a little bit of bacon?

> I have a very healthy appetite,

You have an eating disorder, which has been defined by Dr Bratman as
orthorexia. Consider his excellent essay at the following link:
http://www.orthorexia.com/index.php?page=essay

<snip rest of your trite self-justification and juvenile lashing out>
usual suspect

"the proper non-fish eating, non-gelatine eating type" wrote:
> Hi
>
> Hoping somebody has some advice on how is best to proceed...

1. Grow up.
2. Get over it.
3. If you have problems complying with 1 or 2, seek appropriate
psychiatric treatment.
LittleMissTerious

I do not have an eating disorder, trust me. We're not really that big
on them over here in the UK! I am of perfect weight, eat healthy,
nutritious, delicious food - I have no food 'issues', get the odd
chocolate cravings the same as the next girl. I am, by choice, a
vegetarian. It is not a 'disorder'. It is not an illness. Nor is it my
religion (for the record, I am NOT Jewish, so no idea why you keep
harping on about that issue.) It is, however, something you clearly
take offence to.

I have no idea why you have such a problem with people who would prefer
not to consume dead animal carcasses. It is none of your business. If
you disagree with the principle, stay the hell away from the Vegan
forum!! Your opinions are archaic - and I believe it is you who needs
"1. Grow up.
2. Get over it.
3. If you have problems complying with 1 or 2, seek appropriate
psychiatric treatment" (though I'm thinking you may already be seeking
help - surely nobody that obnoxious can slip through the net??)

It has been duly noted that you made no reference to the correction of
your own spelling errors, yet you revelled in pointing out those of
others - surely an indication of an inferiority complex if ever I saw
one. For somebody apparently 'educated' you are not doing a very good
impression of being so.

Do us all a favour - don't bother posting any more messages. You
obviously have nothing interesting to say, you certainly didn't offer
any advice that was relevant to my initial question, so suggest you
pick another issue in which you are more qualified, if you must insist
on boring people with your opinions and harassing people. So far you
have branded me as having had a mental breakdown, of suffering
irrational fears, having eating disorders, signs of mental illness,
told me to grow up, and seek psyciatric treatment. And there was me
thinking I was a normal 32 year old. Best I whisk myself off to the
finest clinic money can buy pronto, eh? I think not.

If you were vegetarian, you would understand the issue. As a closed
minded half-wit, you never will.

Take care, enjoy your life and please...stay out of mine.

rick

"LittleMissTerious" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Excuse me, but whom the hell are you to say I'm having a MENTAL
> BREAKDOWN?? How DARE you criticise and judge my mental health!
> Having
> never met or spoken to me, I do not think you are in any way in
> position to make such an irrational assumption, not that
> anybody asked
> for your opinion. I doubt that you are qualified or even well
> educated
> enough to do so in any case.
>
> Incidentally, where exactly did I say I thought I was not
> "pure"?? If
> you are going to quote me, at least get your facts straight. I
> am
> certainly not Orthorexic. I am not obsessed with my food or my
> diet at
> all, I have no desire to be "pure", I have a very healthy
> appetite, and
> enjoy a large variety of foods, I just happen to dislike meat
> and would
> no longer eat it on ethical grounds.

==========================
So, how is it ethical to kill animals and leave them to rot, but
unethical to kill them and eat them? Are you just another of a
long line of hypocrites here on usenet displaying your ignorance?

...not that it is any business of
> yours.

====================
You're posting your inane, irrational ignorance on a public
forum, it becaomes everyones business that cares to respond.

> I find it more than a little pathetic that you clearly have
> nothing
> better to do with your time than trawl through websites/groups
> looking
> for somebody you can pick an argument with. Your input was
> neither of
> any use or interest to me, so you merely wasted your own time
> typing it
> and now I have to waste my time and energy replying to such
> drivel that
> it barely deserves a response.

====================
LOL so you spend all that time with this spew, eh hypocrite?

> And feel free to correct as many grammatical errors as you
> like,
> frankly I don't give a sh*t. Though, whilst we are on the
> subject,
> ("They'll try to figure out what
> happened and insure it doesn't happen again.") ensure is spelt
> with an
> 'E', not an 'I', you moron.
>
> Oh, and the word faecal has two a's in it, not one.
>
> And technically, seeing as you are being so pedantic, the 'E'
> in "E.
> coli" is an abbreviation of Escherichia; hence it should be
> punctuated
> accordingly.
>
> Now go find some messages to which you can give a constructive
> response
> or keep your narrow-minded opinions to yourself.

==============
Veganism IS narrowmindedness, killer.

rick

"LittleMissTerious" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I do not have an eating disorder, trust me. We're not really
>that big
> on them over here in the UK! I am of perfect weight, eat
> healthy,
> nutritious, delicious food - I have no food 'issues', get the
> odd
> chocolate cravings the same as the next girl. I am, by choice,
> vegetarian. It is not a 'disorder'. It is not an illness. Nor
> is it my
> religion (for the record, I am NOT Jewish, so no idea why you
> keep
> harping on about that issue.) It is, however, something you
> clearly
> take offence to.
>
> I have no idea why you have such a problem with people who
> would prefer
> not to consume dead animal carcasses.

===========================
Oh but you do 'consume' animals. Just becasue you don't eat them
doesn't mean they don't die violent, inhumane deaths. Why does
that not upset you too?

It is none of your business. If
> you disagree with the principle, stay the hell away from the
> Vegan
> forum!! Your opinions are archaic - and I believe it is you who
> needs
> "1. Grow up.
> 2. Get over it.
> 3. If you have problems complying with 1 or 2, seek appropriate
> psychiatric treatment" (though I'm thinking you may already be
> seeking
> help - surely nobody that obnoxious can slip through the net??)

==================
I suggest you learn what your diet really means to animals and
the environment, killer.

> It has been duly noted that you made no reference to the
> correction of
> your own spelling errors, yet you revelled in pointing out
> those of
> others - surely an indication of an inferiority complex if ever
> I saw
> one. For somebody apparently 'educated' you are not doing a
> very good
> impression of being so.
>
> Do us all a favour - don't bother posting any more messages.
> You
> obviously have nothing interesting to say, you certainly didn't
> offer
> any advice that was relevant to my initial question, so suggest
> you
> pick another issue in which you are more qualified, if you must
> insist
> on boring people with your opinions and harassing people. So
> far you
> have branded me as having had a mental breakdown, of suffering
> irrational fears, having eating disorders, signs of mental
> illness,
> told me to grow up, and seek psyciatric treatment. And there
> was me
> thinking I was a normal 32 year old. Best I whisk myself off to
> the
> finest clinic money can buy pronto, eh? I think not.
>
> If you were vegetarian, you would understand the issue. As a
> closed
> minded half-wit, you never will.
>
> Take care, enjoy your life and please...stay out of mine.

usual suspect

LittleMissTerious wrote:
> I do not have an eating disorder,

Yes, you do. You said you were "mortified," had a psychosomatic
complaint, and wanted to sue someone over a very minor food order screw-up.

> trust me.

I don't trust hyper-emotive ninnies like you.

> We're not really that big
> on them over here in the UK!

Then why are there tens of thousands of links about them in the UK?
http://tinyurl.com/a8p25

> I am of perfect weight,

That's not the issue, dummy. Did you read Dr Bratman's essay or go
through his clear and informative website?

> eat healthy,

No, you do not. You objected to minute traces of an animal ingredient
which you hadn't tasted or even suspected might be in your food until
you found one tiny piece of it.

> nutritious, delicious food -

Admit you were relishing the peas and carrots before you noticed the
tiny piece of bacon.

> I have no food 'issues',

The hell you don't. 'Normal' people don't get "mortified" over such
minor issues. If they see something they don't like or want, the remove
it and that's that. You didn't. You told us of your psychosomatic
complaint and your inability to think of what you *MIGHT* have eaten --
worse, that you ate stuff that TOUCHED the tiny piece of bacon. You have
some very serious issues.

> get the odd
> chocolate cravings the same as the next girl. I am, by choice, a
> vegetarian.

You're by the same choice an emotive nitwit.

> It is not a 'disorder'. It is not an illness. Nor is it my
> religion

Then why do you get so worked up and zealous about a TINY piece of bacon?

> (for the record, I am NOT Jewish, so no idea why you keep
> harping on about that issue.)

I don't harp on it. Bumbling Bob, aka Beach Runner, does.

> It is, however, something you clearly
> take offence to.

No, I'm AMUSED by it.

> I have no idea why you have such a problem with people who would prefer
> not to consume dead animal carcasses.

It wasn't a "dead animal carcass." It was an inocuous little piece of
cured pork belly, also called "bacon."

> It is none of your business.

You made it mine when you brought it to a PUBLIC forum and asked for
OPINIONS.

> If you disagree with the principle, stay the hell away from the Vegan
> forum!!

No. It's a public newsgroup and I'm on-topic.

> Your opinions are archaic -

No, they're equally contemporary, relevant, realistic, and perceptive.

> It has been duly noted that you made no reference to the correction of
> your own spelling errors,

American spelling conventions differ from archaic, pardon me, Anglican
conventions. For instance, we leave out the archaic a in fecal,
gynecology, etc. Similarly, it is accepted usage on to leave periods out
of certain abbreviations where the last letter of the original is
retained; you should be familiar with such usage, e.g., Mr for Mister
and Dr for Doctor. I admit the E in E coli doesn't fall under the same
rule as those given since the last letter isn't included, but it's a
personal typing quirk (I have Word set up to correct that when I type,
but Word doesn't work for newsgroup browsing or posting). Too bad if
that "mortifies" you as much as finding a TINY piece of bacon. Ditz.

> Do us all a favour - don't bother posting any more messages.

Why are you so afraid of others' opinions, particularly when they're
relevant and so compelling?

> You obviously have nothing interesting to say,

You only want back-patting opinions that agree with your own.

> you certainly didn't offer
> any advice that was relevant to my initial question,

Not that you wanted to hear.

> If you were vegetarian, you would understand the issue.

I am, and I do. Like I said, grow up and get over it. It didn't kill
you. What WILL kill you is your emotive attitude, inability to cope in
the real world, and a misplaced wrath over a trivial issue.

> Take care, enjoy your life and please...stay out of mine.

You're stuck with me, sunshine. :-)
Scented Nectar

LMT, Usual is an asshole, plain
and simple. He likes to be mean.

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> LittleMissTerious wrote:
> > I do not have an eating disorder,

> Yes, you do. You said you were "mortified," had a psychosomatic
> complaint, and wanted to sue someone over a very minor food order

screw-up.

> > trust me.

> I don't trust hyper-emotive ninnies like you.

Usual likes to insult. He really
really really likes it. He feels
that if he puts someone else
down, that somehow raises
him above their level.

> > We're not really that big
> > on them over here in the UK!

> Then why are there tens of thousands of links about them in the UK?
> http://tinyurl.com/a8p25
>
> > I am of perfect weight,

> That's not the issue, dummy. Did you read Dr Bratman's essay or go
> through his clear and informative website?

Orthorexia is a made up word and
not recognized by the mental health
profession.

> > eat healthy,

> No, you do not. You objected to minute traces of an animal ingredient
> which you hadn't tasted or even suspected might be in your food until
> you found one tiny piece of it.
>
> > nutritious, delicious food -

> Admit you were relishing the peas and carrots before you noticed the
> tiny piece of bacon.
>
> > I have no food 'issues',

> The hell you don't. 'Normal' people don't get "mortified" over such
> minor issues. If they see something they don't like or want, the remove
> it and that's that. You didn't. You told us of your psychosomatic
> complaint and your inability to think of what you *MIGHT* have eaten --
> worse, that you ate stuff that TOUCHED the tiny piece of bacon. You have
> some very serious issues.
>
> > get the odd
> > chocolate cravings the same as the next girl. I am, by choice, a
> > vegetarian.

> You're by the same choice an emotive nitwit.
>
> > It is not a 'disorder'. It is not an illness. Nor is it my
> > religion

> Then why do you get so worked up and zealous about a TINY piece of bacon?
>
> > (for the record, I am NOT Jewish, so no idea why you keep
> > harping on about that issue.)

> I don't harp on it. Bumbling Bob, aka Beach Runner, does.
>
> > It is, however, something you clearly
> > take offence to.

> No, I'm AMUSED by it.

Usual gets a lot of amusement from
insulting others. There's probably
a name for that in the psychiatric
books.

> > I have no idea why you have such a problem with people who would prefer
> > not to consume dead animal carcasses.

> It wasn't a "dead animal carcass." It was an inocuous little piece of
> cured pork belly, also called "bacon."

Does Usual think this bacon came
from a LIVE animal carcass. Give
me a break!

> > It is none of your business.

> You made it mine when you brought it to a PUBLIC forum and asked for
> OPINIONS.
>
> > If you disagree with the principle, stay the hell away from the Vegan
> > forum!!

> No. It's a public newsgroup and I'm on-topic.

Usual is a troll.

> > Your opinions are archaic -

> No, they're equally contemporary, relevant, realistic, and perceptive.
>
> > It has been duly noted that you made no reference to the correction of
> > your own spelling errors,

> American spelling conventions differ from archaic, pardon me, Anglican
> conventions. For instance, we leave out the archaic a in fecal,
> gynecology, etc. Similarly, it is accepted usage on to leave periods out
> of certain abbreviations where the last letter of the original is
> retained; you should be familiar with such usage, e.g., Mr for Mister
> and Dr for Doctor. I admit the E in E coli doesn't fall under the same
> rule as those given since the last letter isn't included, but it's a
> personal typing quirk (I have Word set up to correct that when I type,
> but Word doesn't work for newsgroup browsing or posting). Too bad if
> that "mortifies" you as much as finding a TINY piece of bacon. Ditz.

Mr. and Dr. have periods after them.
Usual doesn't know anything about
the proper format for the names of
organisms and plants like the dot
after the E.

> > Do us all a favour - don't bother posting any more messages.

> Why are you so afraid of others' opinions, particularly when they're
> relevant and so compelling?

Usual want's to say it's fear when
it's just a fact that his posts are
obnoxious to others. His bragging
of relevance and being compelling
show just the opposite.

> > You obviously have nothing interesting to say,

> You only want back-patting opinions that agree with your own.
>
> > you certainly didn't offer
> > any advice that was relevant to my initial question,

> Not that you wanted to hear.
>
> > If you were vegetarian, you would understand the issue.

> I am, and I do. Like I said, grow up and get over it. It didn't kill
> you. What WILL kill you is your emotive attitude, inability to cope in
> the real world, and a misplaced wrath over a trivial issue.

Usual used to call himself vegan and
since turning into a vegan (self) hater,
has made a big production over
leaving veganism. He ate some
fish and made a huge issue of it in
it's own topic. I'm pretty sure he's
gone back to the food definition
of being vegan and hates himself
for it.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

> > Take care, enjoy your life and please...stay out of mine.

> You're stuck with me, sunshine. :-)

LittleMissTerious

Harsh words, my dear. You think I believe it is ok to kill animals and
leave them to rot - but not to kill them and eat them?? Not quite sure
where you got that idea from. Think you're using just a little bit too
much poetic license whilst reading between the lines! And btw - I did
not at any time claim to be a vegan - I am not a vegan, just so we get
that one clear. But I'm sure that all the nice, genuine people here on
the VEGAN forum (did you get lost, sweetie??) will no doubt appreciate
you calling them narrow-minded. They seem far from it, if you ask me.

Oh, and I'm a killer?? Thats so lovely, thank you - my parents will be
so proud of me! And what do you want to be when you grow up??

rick

"LittleMissTerious" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Harsh words, my dear.

==================
No, true words, fool.

You think I believe it is ok to kill animals and
> leave them to rot - but not to kill them and eat them?? Not
> quite sure
> where you got that idea from.

==========================
Because it's true. You have no trouble eating, it's just when
some minute piece of meat shows up you go bonkers. Before that,
any animal that died for you veggies was fair game. They die by
the millions upon millions to supply you with your so-called
meat-free diet. They die in far more horrible, inhumane ways
than meat animals do, and are left to rot. All for the
conveninece of your salad.

Think you're using just a little bit too
> much poetic license whilst reading between the lines! And btw -
> I did
> not at any time claim to be a vegan - I am not a vegan,

===================
Talk the talk, duckie...

just so we get
> that one clear. But I'm sure that all the nice, genuine people
> here on
> the VEGAN forum (did you get lost, sweetie??) will no doubt
> appreciate
> you calling them narrow-minded. They seem far from it, if you
> ask me.

=================
Nope, they are the most closed-minded group I know. Religion
does that to you. btw, there are no real vegans here on
usenet...

> Oh, and I'm a killer?? Thats so lovely, thank you - my parents
> will be
> so proud of me! And what do you want to be when you grow up??

===================
Yes. you are. and you prove that you don't mind contributing to
the killing of animals unnecessarily with each of your inane
posts. You are one sick little girl...

Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

> [...]

>> They do all the time. Read the reports, rarely does an establishment
>> come out clean.

> They "come out clean" more often than not around here.
> http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp...8&nav=0s3cdFak

>>> Inform health inspectors. That's one of the first things they observe.

>> Yes, read the reports, but trust your own eyes first.

> I didn't write to read reports, dumb ass. If you observe something you
> find objectionable or even questionable, inform health inspectors.

>>> ONE should be careful where HE or SHE eats. Make your pronouns agree
>>> with antecedents, dummy.

>>> I'd stay out if they had homeless people or bumbling riff-raff like
>>> you loitering around their premises.

>> I'll ignore that

> You shouldn't, shithead. It's apropos. Do you look like a homeless
> person or just mutter-ishly write like one?

Clearly the food establishment made a mistake. They tried to cover up
the mistake. I would never return there. As you said, there were signs
they altered the foods. They were being dishonest. I wouldn't trust
that restaurant. Many restaurants feed people that fell on the floor, and
send something back to the kitchen and you are at their mercy. People
in the industry will tell you that.

Thank you for your kind words US. I'm not homeless. I am a well
published writer. If I have some typos that's too bad.

>>> And of course, it is well known that cross food contamination is

common at most restaurants.

>>> She didn't get PHYSICALLY ill, numb nuts. She's having a MENTAL

?breakdown because of an irrational fear that somehow she's no longer as
>"pure" as she was beforehand because some of the food passing down her
>throat merely came into contact with something she finds offensive.

She >is orthorexic.

>> And a vegan for many reasons.

>Many dumb reasons. She's too hysterical to accept apologies or the
>attempt of the manager to make amends by refunding her money.

People choose VEGAN for a variety of reasons. It is not an illness.
Yes, it could be used to cover one, but by itself there are many people
who choose VEGAN for various reasons. It is their right.

She is not orthorexic. She is vegan. Is she wasting away by purging
herself?

A refund of money for being treated dishonestly? You consider that a
valid apology? It's like offering to pay for something after you're
caught stealing it.

She is doing a good thing and you try and turn it around.

Make amends for a lie? There was no excuse.

As for being a vegan it is a choice and if a food establishment says
they can honor the request, they should be honest. They were not.
What else do they lie about when they are not caught?

usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
> LMT, Usual is an asshole, plain
> and simple. He likes to be mean.

Translation for non-orthorexics: "Usual calls them like he sees them and
doesn't care if orthorexics' feelings get hurt."

>>>I do not have an eating disorder,

>>Yes, you do. You said you were "mortified," had a psychosomatic
>>complaint, and wanted to sue someone over a very minor food order
>>screw-up.

>>>trust me.

>>I don't trust hyper-emotive ninnies like you.

> Usual likes to insult.

That wasn't an insult. Lisa's order was screwed up -- on that I think we
all agree. Her overreaction to the situation, though, is the area where
we disagree. She was "mortified" and felt physically ill even though she
will admit that she enjoyed the peas and carrots up until the point when
she realized there was a tiny piece of bacon. It's good enough for most
"normal" people to either pick out the bacon or to stop eating. She went
further: she got a cheerful and prompt apology, and the manager even
recommended she pursue the matter fully. Again, most "normal" people
would leave it at that. Instead, she comes to usenet and publicly asks
for ideas because she says she wants to sue the company even though she
realizes it won't go far in her nation.

I didn't insult her. She IS a ninny. She's an orthorexic ninny who has
an irrational reaction to others' mistakes.

>>>We're not really that big
>>>on them over here in the UK!

>>Then why are there tens of thousands of links about them in the UK?
>>http://tinyurl.com/a8p25
>>
>>>I am of perfect weight,

>>That's not the issue, dummy. Did you read Dr Bratman's essay or go
>>through his clear and informative website?

> Orthorexia is a made up word

It's a legitimate word with a legitimate meaning, unlike the phony,
made-up words you throw around (e.g., "veganics" and "meatarian").

> and not recognized by the mental health
> profession.

Just because it's not yet in DSM by name doesn't mean it's not
recognized, dummy. It's already included in DSM-IV as an eating disorder
not otherwise specified (or NOS).

It will eventually be included *by name* in future DSM versions:
http://tinyurl.com/3t4f6

>>>eat healthy,

>>No, you do not. You objected to minute traces of an animal ingredient
>>which you hadn't tasted or even suspected might be in your food until
>>you found one tiny piece of it.
>>

>>>nutritious, delicious food -

>>Admit you were relishing the peas and carrots before you noticed the
>>tiny piece of bacon.
>>

>>>I have no food 'issues',

>>The hell you don't. 'Normal' people don't get "mortified" over such
>>minor issues. If they see something they don't like or want, the remove
>>it and that's that. You didn't. You told us of your psychosomatic
>>complaint and your inability to think of what you *MIGHT* have eaten --
>>worse, that you ate stuff that TOUCHED the tiny piece of bacon. You have
>>some very serious issues.
>>

>>>get the odd
>>>chocolate cravings the same as the next girl. I am, by choice, a
>>>vegetarian.

>>You're by the same choice an emotive nitwit.
>>

>>>It is not a 'disorder'. It is not an illness. Nor is it my
>>>religion

>>Then why do you get so worked up and zealous about a TINY piece of bacon?
>>

>>>(for the record, I am NOT Jewish, so no idea why you keep
>>>harping on about that issue.)

>>I don't harp on it. Bumbling Bob, aka Beach Runner, does.
>>

>>>It is, however, something you clearly
>>>take offence to.

>>No, I'm AMUSED by it.

> Usual gets a lot of amusement from

clueless urbanite nitwits like you.

>>>I have no idea why you have such a problem with people who would prefer
>>>not to consume dead animal carcasses.

>>It wasn't a "dead animal carcass." It was an inocuous little piece of
>>cured pork belly, also called "bacon."

> Does Usual think this bacon came
> from a LIVE animal carcass.

It did, it came from live hog which went to a pork processing facility
where it was slaughtered and then inspected by a professionally trained
government inspector before it was brine-cured and (possibly) smoked for
flavor. Lisa didn't eat off the carcass; she ate a specific and harmless
tiny bit of meat because the restaurant made an error which it
immediately rectified.

>>>It is none of your business.

>>You made it mine when you brought it to a PUBLIC forum and asked for
>>OPINIONS.
>>

>>>If you disagree with the principle, stay the hell away from the Vegan
>>>forum!!

>>No. It's a public newsgroup and I'm on-topic.

> Usual is a troll.

You continue to misuse that word. I'm on topic.

>>>Your opinions are archaic -

>>No, they're equally contemporary, relevant, realistic, and perceptive.
>>

>>>It has been duly noted that you made no reference to the correction of
>>>your own spelling errors,

>>American spelling conventions differ from archaic, pardon me, Anglican
>>conventions. For instance, we leave out the archaic a in fecal,
>>gynecology, etc. Similarly, it is accepted usage on to leave periods out
>>of certain abbreviations where the last letter of the original is
>>retained; you should be familiar with such usage, e.g., Mr for Mister
>>and Dr for Doctor. I admit the E in E coli doesn't fall under the same
>>rule as those given since the last letter isn't included, but it's a
>>personal typing quirk (I have Word set up to correct that when I type,
>>but Word doesn't work for newsgroup browsing or posting). Too bad if
>>that "mortifies" you as much as finding a TINY piece of bacon. Ditz.

> Mr. and Dr. have periods after them.

Most abbreviations are followed by a period. Usage, however,
differs widely, and recently omission of periods has become
common, as in NATO and UN....
[in the UK and elsewhere]
If the abbreviation retains the last letter of the original (as,
for example "Mister"), the period is not included: Mr John
Smith.
http://www.answers.com/topic/abbreviation

> Usual doesn't know anything about
> the proper format for the names of
> organisms and plants like the dot
> after the E.

Capitalized *Genus* followed by uncapitalized *species* followed by
*subspecies* or *appropriate number* to identify variant or subspecies.

For example:
modern/extant man = Homo sapiens sapiens, abbreviated as H. sapiens sapiens.
the deadly variant of E. coli = Escherichia coli O157:H7, abbreviated as
E. coli O157:H7.

Now go **** yourself, you self-marginalized high school drop out.

>>>Do us all a favour - don't bother posting any more messages.

>>Why are you so afraid of others' opinions, particularly when they're
>>relevant and so compelling?

> Usual want's

wants.

> to say it's fear when

It clearly is. You likewise fear being told the truth because it makes
the fantasy house of cards which you've constructed around yourself to
avoid reality come tumbling down around you.

>>>You obviously have nothing interesting to say,

>>You only want back-patting opinions that agree with your own.
>>

>>>you certainly didn't offer
>>>any advice that was relevant to my initial question,

>>Not that you wanted to hear.
>>

>>>If you were vegetarian, you would understand the issue.

>>I am, and I do. Like I said, grow up and get over it. It didn't kill
>>you. What WILL kill you is your emotive attitude, inability to cope in
>>the real world, and a misplaced wrath over a trivial issue.

> Usual used to call himself vegan

When operating under the same delusion you do that veganism is somehow
about diet rather than animal rights. The difference between you and me
is I learn from my mistakes while you incessantly repeat yours.
usual suspect

Orthorexic Lisa wrote:
> Harsh words, my dear.

They're very accurate words.

> You think I believe it is ok to kill animals and
> leave them to rot - but not to kill them and eat them??

Apparently so since your diet is based on commercial agriculture, which
relies on pesticides (those kill animals, Lisa), machinery (which kills
animals, Lisa), etc. Then your food is stored in places where more
pesticides are used (and more animals are killed, Lisa).

You don't give a **** about dead animals. You just object to certain
dead animals which are eaten, and, I suspect, because others obtain
pleasure from such consumption.

Since you detest meat, how many fake meat products do you consume?

<...>
usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:

> [...]

>>> anyway, even though her servers tried to fool her. If they'll do
>>> that they'll pick up food from the floor, they've shown they can't be
>>> trusted. They've shown they can't be trusted.
>>>
>>> You are not the one to make judgments on other's.

>> Others. And yes, I am.

>>> They do all the time. Read the reports, rarely does an establishment
>>> come out clean.

>> They "come out clean" more often than not around here.
>> http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp...8&nav=0s3cdFak

>>> Yes, read the reports, but trust your own eyes first.

>> I didn't write to read reports, dumb ass. If you observe something you
>> find objectionable or even questionable, inform health inspectors.

>>> I'll ignore that

>> You shouldn't, shithead. It's apropos. Do you look like a homeless
>> person or just mutter-ishly write like one?

> Clearly the food establishment made a mistake.

They also made immediate amends by offering her a refund.

> They tried to cover up the mistake.

Cover up HOW? The manager gave her a prompt and cheerful refund on the
spot. He told her she "should contact head office." How is that a
cover-up, dummy?

> I would never return there.

So what.

> As you said, there were signs they altered the foods.

*I* did *not* say they altered anything. You did, dumb ass.

> They were being dishonest.

How? The manager gave her a prompt and cheerful refund on the spot. He
told her she "should contact head office." How is that dishonest, dummy?

> I wouldn't trust that restaurant.

So what?

> Many restaurants feed people that fell on the floor,

I've never been fed someone who'd fallen on the floor.

> and send something back to the kitchen and you are at their mercy.

You're already at their mercy when you order something. Keep sending it
back until it's right.

> Thank you for your kind words US.

You're welcome, dumb ass.

> I'm not homeless.

You fooled me.

> I am a well published writer.

You fooled me again! Where have you been published, Bob? On bathroom
walls across the Tampa area?

> If I have some typos

Many of them.

> She is not orthorexic.

Yes, she is.

> She is vegan.

Which is a sort of organized orthorexia.

> Is she wasting away by purging herself?

That's bulimia, a different kind of eating disorder.

> A refund of money for being treated dishonestly?

She wasn't treated dishonestly.

> You consider that a valid apology?

Yes.

> It's like offering to pay for something after you're
> caught stealing it.

Non sequitur and ridiculous analogy.

No, she's an emotive **** who's doing a bad thing.

> Make amends for a lie?

What lie was that, dummy?

> There was no excuse.

Accidents happen. Get over it.

Beach Runner

LittleMissTerious wrote:
> Harsh words, my dear. You think I believe it is ok to kill animals and
> leave them to rot - but not to kill them and eat them?? Not quite sure
> where you got that idea from. Think you're using just a little bit too
> much poetic license whilst reading between the lines! And btw - I did
> not at any time claim to be a vegan - I am not a vegan, just so we get
> that one clear. But I'm sure that all the nice, genuine people here on
> the VEGAN forum (did you get lost, sweetie??) will no doubt appreciate
> you calling them narrow-minded. They seem far from it, if you ask me.

Did you not say your saw signs that after they realized they made a
mistake they tried to cover it up?

> Oh, and I'm a killer?? Thats so lovely, thank you - my parents will be
> so proud of me! And what do you want to be when you grow up??

Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
.. .
> Skanky wrote:
> > LMT, Usual is an asshole, plain
> > and simple. He likes to be mean.

> Translation for non-orthorexics: "Usual calls them like he sees them and
> doesn't care if orthorexics' feelings get hurt."

Usual, you either like to be mean
or you like it when other people
dislike you. Why are you here?

> >>Yes, you do. You said you were "mortified," had a psychosomatic
> >>complaint, and wanted to sue someone over a very minor food order
> >>screw-up.

> >>I don't trust hyper-emotive ninnies like you.

> > Usual likes to insult.

> That wasn't an insult. Lisa's order was screwed up -- on that I think we
> all agree. Her overreaction to the situation, though, is the area where
> we disagree. She was "mortified" and felt physically ill even though she
> will admit that she enjoyed the peas and carrots up until the point when
> she realized there was a tiny piece of bacon. It's good enough for most
> "normal" people to either pick out the bacon or to stop eating. She went
> further: she got a cheerful and prompt apology, and the manager even
> recommended she pursue the matter fully. Again, most "normal" people
> would leave it at that. Instead, she comes to usenet and publicly asks
> for ideas because she says she wants to sue the company even though she
> realizes it won't go far in her nation.
>
> I didn't insult her. She IS a ninny. She's an orthorexic ninny who has
> an irrational reaction to others' mistakes.

"I didn't insult her. She IS a ninny"
Ok, you're insulting her now too.
You contradicted yourself too.

> >>Then why are there tens of thousands of links about them in the UK?
> >>http://tinyurl.com/a8p25

> >>That's not the issue, dummy. Did you read Dr Bratman's essay or go
> >>through his clear and informative website?

> > Orthorexia is a made up word

> It's a legitimate word with a legitimate meaning, unlike the phony,
> made-up words you throw around (e.g., "veganics" and "meatarian").

You have your made up words.
There's flexitarian, orthorexia
and one more but I can't
remember it right now.

> > and not recognized by the mental health
> > profession.

> Just because it's not yet in DSM by name doesn't mean it's not
> recognized, dummy. It's already included in DSM-IV as an eating disorder
> not otherwise specified (or NOS).

It's not included there by name.
You are putting it there.
What part of NOS don't you
understand?

> It will eventually be included *by name* in future DSM versions:
> http://tinyurl.com/3t4f6

That site says that it only happens
in concurrance with OCD and also
"The orthorexic subjects ... demonstrate
a strong or uncontrollable desire to eat
when feeling nervous, excited, happy or
guilty." Do you really believe that
describes vegans?

> >>No, you do not. You objected to minute traces of an animal ingredient
> >>which you hadn't tasted or even suspected might be in your food until
> >>you found one tiny piece of it.

> >>Admit you were relishing the peas and carrots before you noticed the
> >>tiny piece of bacon.

> >>The hell you don't. 'Normal' people don't get "mortified" over such
> >>minor issues. If they see something they don't like or want, the remove
> >>it and that's that. You didn't. You told us of your psychosomatic
> >>complaint and your inability to think of what you *MIGHT* have eaten --
> >>worse, that you ate stuff that TOUCHED the tiny piece of bacon. You have
> >>some very serious issues.

> >>You're by the same choice an emotive nitwit.

> >>Then why do you get so worked up and zealous about a TINY piece of

bacon?

> >>I don't harp on it. Bumbling Bob, aka Beach Runner, does.

> >>No, I'm AMUSED by it.

> > Usual gets a lot of amusement from

> clueless urbanite nitwits like you.

You and Rudy both like to snip
away at the sentences you
respond to.

> >>It wasn't a "dead animal carcass." It was an inocuous little piece of
> >>cured pork belly, also called "bacon."

> > Does Usual think this bacon came
> > from a LIVE animal carcass.

> It did, it came from live hog which went to a pork processing facility
> where it was slaughtered and then inspected by a professionally trained
> government inspector before it was brine-cured and (possibly) smoked for
> flavor. Lisa didn't eat off the carcass; she ate a specific and harmless
> tiny bit of meat because the restaurant made an error which it
> immediately rectified.

Usual, face facts. Meat is dead
animal carcasses. You can't
deny that.

> >>You made it mine when you brought it to a PUBLIC forum and asked for
> >>OPINIONS.

> >>No. It's a public newsgroup and I'm on-topic.

> > Usual is a troll.

> You continue to misuse that word. I'm on topic.

Topic or not, you insult people
gratuitously. That's troll behaviour.
If you disagree with someone,
there is no reason to call them
names to the extent you do.

> >>No, they're equally contemporary, relevant, realistic, and perceptive.

> >>American spelling conventions differ from archaic, pardon me, Anglican
> >>conventions. For instance, we leave out the archaic a in fecal,
> >>gynecology, etc. Similarly, it is accepted usage on to leave periods out
> >>of certain abbreviations where the last letter of the original is
> >>retained; you should be familiar with such usage, e.g., Mr for Mister
> >>and Dr for Doctor. I admit the E in E coli doesn't fall under the same
> >>rule as those given since the last letter isn't included, but it's a
> >>personal typing quirk (I have Word set up to correct that when I type,
> >>but Word doesn't work for newsgroup browsing or posting). Too bad if
> >>that "mortifies" you as much as finding a TINY piece of bacon. Ditz.

> > Mr. and Dr. have periods after them.

> Most abbreviations are followed by a period. Usage, however,
> differs widely, and recently omission of periods has become
> common, as in NATO and UN....
> [in the UK and elsewhere]

That's funny. You go with the
newer usages of some language
but reject the newer (diet based)
definition of vegan, even when
shown a dictionary with it.

> If the abbreviation retains the last letter of the original (as,
> for example "Mister"), the period is not included: Mr John
> Smith.
> http://www.answers.com/topic/abbreviation
>
> > Usual doesn't know anything about
> > the proper format for the names of
> > organisms and plants like the dot
> > after the E.

> Capitalized *Genus* followed by uncapitalized *species* followed by
> *subspecies* or *appropriate number* to identify variant or subspecies.
>
> For example:
> modern/extant man = Homo sapiens sapiens, abbreviated as H. sapiens

sapiens.
> the deadly variant of E. coli = Escherichia coli O157:H7, abbreviated as
> E. coli O157:H7.

HAH, made you Google.

> Now go **** yourself, you self-marginalized high school drop out.

You're still fishing, aren't you? And
your fear of marginalization shows
your fear of non-conformance. You
even made a whole new topic just
to tell people that you forced down
some sushi so don't call you a vegan.

> >>Why are you so afraid of others' opinions, particularly when they're
> >>relevant and so compelling?

> > Usual want's

> wants.

Talk about OCD. You can't take
it when you see a typo or spelling
error.

> > to say it's fear when

> It clearly is. You likewise fear being told the truth because it makes
> the fantasy house of cards which you've constructed around yourself to
> avoid reality come tumbling down around you.

Nope. That's your fantasy.

> >>You only want back-patting opinions that agree with your own.

> >>Not that you wanted to hear.

> >>I am, and I do. Like I said, grow up and get over it. It didn't kill
> >>you. What WILL kill you is your emotive attitude, inability to cope in
> >>the real world, and a misplaced wrath over a trivial issue.

> > Usual used to call himself vegan

> When operating under the same delusion you do that veganism is somehow
> about diet rather than animal rights. The difference between you and me
> is I learn from my mistakes while you incessantly repeat yours.

What did you learn? Get specific
and don't just say vague things.
You're in denial. I think it's because
you have a hard time with the fact
that you eat vegan (minus your great
sushi adventure).

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

usual suspect

Bumbling Bob, daft as ever, incoherently muttered:
> LittleMissTerious wrote:
>
>> Harsh words, my dear. You think I believe it is ok to kill animals and
>> leave them to rot - but not to kill them and eat them?? Not quite sure
>> where you got that idea from. Think you're using just a little bit too
>> much poetic license whilst reading between the lines! And btw - I did
>> not at any time claim to be a vegan - I am not a vegan, just so we get
>> that one clear. But I'm sure that all the nice, genuine people here on
>> the VEGAN forum (did you get lost, sweetie??) will no doubt appreciate
>> you calling them narrow-minded. They seem far from it, if you ask me.
>>

> Did you not say your saw signs that after they realized they made a
> mistake they tried to cover it up?

Here's her first post, dumb ass:

----------
[...]

Where the ****** do you get that anyone tried to cover *ANYTHING* up
from that? She admits the poor manager, no doubt harangued by this
orthorexic drama queen, was pleasant, sympathetic, quick to offer a
refund, and otherwise helpful in offering suggestions for further action
should she feel it warranted.

Admit your meager and abysmally faulty comprehension is either (a) far
too shabby for carrying on any sembelence of a reasoned discussion with
anyone other than one of your muttering homeless "colleagues," or (b) so
impaired by your medication(s) that you should be ignored by others who
aren't as stoned as you are.

>> Oh, and I'm a killer?? Thats so lovely, thank you - my parents will be
>> so proud of me! And what do you want to be when you grow up??

usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
>>>LMT, Usual is an asshole, plain
>>>and simple. He likes to be mean.

>>Translation for non-orthorexics: "Usual calls them like he sees them and
>>doesn't care if orthorexics' feelings get hurt."

> Usual, you either like to be mean
> or you like it when other people
> dislike you.

Wrong on both counts. I call things as I see them. For example, you're a
shiftless, stoned, emotionally immature ****.

> Why are you here?

To restore a sense of balance and propriety to this newsgroup based on
truth and knowledge.

>>>Usual likes to insult.

>>That wasn't an insult. Lisa's order was screwed up -- on that I think we
>>all agree. Her overreaction to the situation, though, is the area where
>>we disagree. She was "mortified" and felt physically ill even though she
>>will admit that she enjoyed the peas and carrots up until the point when
>>she realized there was a tiny piece of bacon. It's good enough for most
>>"normal" people to either pick out the bacon or to stop eating. She went
>>further: she got a cheerful and prompt apology, and the manager even
>>recommended she pursue the matter fully. Again, most "normal" people
>>would leave it at that. Instead, she comes to usenet and publicly asks
>>for ideas because she says she wants to sue the company even though she
>>realizes it won't go far in her nation.
>>
>>I didn't insult her. She IS a ninny. She's an orthorexic ninny who has
>>an irrational reaction to others' mistakes.

> "I didn't insult her. She IS a ninny"

Why are you echoing me.

> Ok, you're insulting her now too.

No, I'm not. She's a ninny -- that's not an insult, it's the truth.

> You contradicted yourself too.

No, I didn't.

>>>Orthorexia is a made up word

>>It's a legitimate word with a legitimate meaning, unlike the phony,
>>made-up words you throw around (e.g., "veganics" and "meatarian").

> You have your made up words.
> There's flexitarian, orthorexia
> and one more but I can't
> remember it right now.

Both of which are legitimate, common words employed by professionals in
the fields of nutrition and psychiatry, respectively.

>>>and not recognized by the mental health
>>>profession.

>>Just because it's not yet in DSM by name doesn't mean it's not
>>recognized, dummy. It's already included in DSM-IV as an eating disorder
>>not otherwise specified (or NOS).

> It's not included there by name.

The NOS category includes other disorders which don't fit the
definitions of the more commonly associated disorders like bulimia and
anorexia.

> You are putting it there.

No, mental health professionals have put it there.

> What part of NOS don't you
> understand?

You should ask yourself that question when you sober up.

>>It will eventually be included *by name* in future DSM versions:
>>http://tinyurl.com/3t4f6

> That site says that it only happens
> in concurrance with OCD

I gace you links about the connection between OCD and eating disorders
yesterday. Orthorexia is an eating disorder. Veganism is a form of
orthorexia. Veganism is an eating disorder.

> and also
> "The orthorexic subjects ... demonstrate
> a strong or uncontrollable desire to eat
> when feeling nervous, excited, happy or
> guilty." Do you really believe that
> describes vegans?

The definition of orthorexia goes beyond that. Consider this:
http://orthorexia.com/index.php?page=forprofessionals

> bacon?

>>>Usual gets a lot of amusement from

>>clueless urbanite nitwits like you.

> You

You amuse me, Skanky.

>>>Does Usual think this bacon came
>>>from a LIVE animal carcass.

>>It did, it came from live hog which went to a pork processing facility
>>where it was slaughtered and then inspected by a professionally trained
>>government inspector before it was brine-cured and (possibly) smoked for
>>flavor. Lisa didn't eat off the carcass; she ate a specific and harmless
>>tiny bit of meat because the restaurant made an error which it
>>immediately rectified.

> Usual, face facts.

I have. It's time for you to embrace reality rather than run from it.

> Meat is dead animal carcasses.

Lisa did NOT find a carcass in her peas and carrots. She found a tiny
bit of bacon.

>>>Usual is a troll.

>>You continue to misuse that word. I'm on topic.

> Topic or not,

That's relevant to the definition of trolling.

> If you disagree with someone,
> there is no reason to call them
> names to the extent you do.

Don't preach to me, Skanky.

>>>Mr. and Dr. have periods after them.

>>Most abbreviations are followed by a period. Usage, however,
>>differs widely, and recently omission of periods has become
>>common, as in NATO and UN....
>>[in the UK and elsewhere]

> That's funny.

No, dingbat, it's proper and accepted grammar.

> You go with the
> newer usages of some language

It's not "newer." It's been accepted for many years.

> but reject the newer (diet based)
> definition of vegan,

Dictionaries typically offer the "lowest common denominator" type
definition. The one you offered elaborated below that veganism has
nothing whatsoever to do with food but with animal rights.

>>If the abbreviation retains the last letter of the original (as,
>>for example "Mister"), the period is not included: Mr John
>>Smith.
>>http://www.answers.com/topic/abbreviation
>>

>>>Usual doesn't know anything about
>>>the proper format for the names of
>>>organisms and plants like the dot
>>>after the E.

>>Capitalized *Genus* followed by uncapitalized *species* followed by
>>*subspecies* or *appropriate number* to identify variant or subspecies.
>>
>>For example:
>>modern/extant man = Homo sapiens sapiens, abbreviated as H. sapiens
>>sapiens.

>>the deadly variant of E. coli = Escherichia coli O157:H7, abbreviated as
>>E. coli O157:H7.

> HAH, made you Google.

No, you didn't.

>>Now go **** yourself, you self-marginalized high school drop out.

> You're still fishing, aren't you?

I don't have to fish. It's quite clear from what you've written
previously -- and HOW you've written -- that you're undereducated.

> And your fear of marginalization shows
> your fear of non-conformance.

Non-conformity, stoner. I don't embrace either, but I fear neither.

> You even made a whole new topic just
> to tell people that you forced down

There was no force involved. It was quite enjoyable.

Sashimi, you ****.

>>>Usual want's

>>wants.

> Talk about OCD.

I already have but you resented being shown to be obsessive-compulsive
with respect to food.

> You can't take it when you see a typo or spelling
> error.

So says the bitch who thinks nobody else understands taxonomy.

>>>to say it's fear when

>>It clearly is. You likewise fear being told the truth because it makes
>>the fantasy house of cards which you've constructed around yourself to
>>avoid reality come tumbling down around you.

> Nope.

Yes, you fear the truth and you willfully distort reality through your
chronic drug use.
Scented Nectar

> >>Translation for non-orthorexics: "Usual calls them like he sees them and
> >>doesn't care if orthorexics' feelings get hurt."

> > Usual, you either like to be mean
> > or you like it when other people
> > dislike you.

> Wrong on both counts. I call things as I see them. For example, you're a
> shiftless, stoned, emotionally immature ****.

You've just proved me right, but
I bet you'll deny that.

> > Why are you here?

> To restore a sense of balance and propriety to this newsgroup based on
> truth and knowledge.

Truth and knowledge. Is that
supposed to be attained from
an obnoxious insulter? What
makes you (who calls me a
****) qualified for that?

> >>That wasn't an insult. Lisa's order was screwed up -- on that I think we
> >>all agree. Her overreaction to the situation, though, is the area where
> >>we disagree. She was "mortified" and felt physically ill even though she
> >>will admit that she enjoyed the peas and carrots up until the point when
> >>she realized there was a tiny piece of bacon. It's good enough for most
> >>"normal" people to either pick out the bacon or to stop eating. She went
> >>further: she got a cheerful and prompt apology, and the manager even
> >>recommended she pursue the matter fully. Again, most "normal" people
> >>would leave it at that. Instead, she comes to usenet and publicly asks
> >>for ideas because she says she wants to sue the company even though she
> >>realizes it won't go far in her nation.
> >>
> >>I didn't insult her. She IS a ninny. She's an orthorexic ninny who has
> >>an irrational reaction to others' mistakes.

> > "I didn't insult her. She IS a ninny"

> Why are you echoing me.

I'm pointing out to you a specific
example of a completely
unnecessary insult.

> > Ok, you're insulting her now too.

> No, I'm not. She's a ninny -- that's not an insult, it's the truth.

You are an insult addict. You
can't hide it behind claiming
it's the truth (which it happens
to not be).

> > You contradicted yourself too.

> No, I didn't.

You said you're not an insulter
"I didn't insult her", followed by
"She IS a ninny".

> >>It's a legitimate word with a legitimate meaning, unlike the phony,
> >>made-up words you throw around (e.g., "veganics" and "meatarian").

> > You have your made up words.
> > There's flexitarian, orthorexia
> > and one more but I can't
> > remember it right now.

> Both of which are legitimate, common words employed by professionals in
> the fields of nutrition and psychiatry, respectively.

They are neither legitimate nor
common. Real professionals
don't even know those words.

> >>Just because it's not yet in DSM by name doesn't mean it's not
> >>recognized, dummy. It's already included in DSM-IV as an eating disorder
> >>not otherwise specified (or NOS).

> > It's not included there by name.

> The NOS category includes other disorders which don't fit the
> definitions of the more commonly associated disorders like bulimia and
> anorexia.

It's the MISC section.

> > You are putting it there.

> No, mental health professionals have put it there.

They don't consider it a disorder.
You do. You put it there.

> > What part of NOS don't you
> > understand?

> You should ask yourself that question when you sober up.

I don't like the taste of booze
and so I only try some every
few years or so. I don't need to
sober up.

> >>It will eventually be included *by name* in future DSM versions:
> >>http://tinyurl.com/3t4f6

> > That site says that it only happens
> > in concurrance with OCD

> I gace you links about the connection between OCD and eating disorders
> yesterday. Orthorexia is an eating disorder. Veganism is a form of
> orthorexia. Veganism is an eating disorder.

You sound so convinced that it
makes me wonder if maybe, in
your case, when you identified
as vegan, you really DID have
an eating disorder. Have you
ever felt unhealthy when there
was really nothing wrong with
you? (just like fat with anorexics)?

> > and also
> > "The orthorexic subjects ... demonstrate
> > a strong or uncontrollable desire to eat
> > when feeling nervous, excited, happy or
> > guilty." Do you really believe that
> > describes vegans?

> The definition of orthorexia goes beyond that. Consider this:
> http://orthorexia.com/index.php?page=forprofessionals

Need to feel pure often with
spiritual overtones? Is that
what happened in your case
why you were vegan. Note that
that site isn't against taking up
a healthy diet, just this pure and
spiritual stuff. Did you feel
impure spiritually and try to fix
that by going vegan? Most
vegans I know do it for health
and/or for the animals, not
your orthorexia spiritual purity
thing.

remove

eaten --

have

> > bacon?

> >>clueless urbanite nitwits like you.

> > You

> You amuse me, Skanky.

No wonder you had OCD and felt
spiritually impure. Look at your
personality.

prefer

> >>It did, it came from live hog which went to a pork processing facility
> >>where it was slaughtered and then inspected by a professionally trained
> >>government inspector before it was brine-cured and (possibly) smoked for
> >>flavor. Lisa didn't eat off the carcass; she ate a specific and harmless
> >>tiny bit of meat because the restaurant made an error which it
> >>immediately rectified.

> > Usual, face facts.

> I have. It's time for you to embrace reality rather than run from it.
>
> > Meat is dead animal carcasses.

> Lisa did NOT find a carcass in her peas and carrots. She found a tiny
> bit of bacon.

Would you not agree that this was
a piece of a carcass? Or do you
think bacon grows on trees?

> >>You continue to misuse that word. I'm on topic.

> > Topic or not,

> That's relevant to the definition of trolling.

Going off topic too much is only
one form of trolling. Being an
obnoxious insulter is another.

> > If you disagree with someone,
> > there is no reason to call them
> > names to the extent you do.

> Don't preach to me, Skanky.

You need preaching to, insulter.

of

out

> >>Most abbreviations are followed by a period. Usage, however,
> >>differs widely, and recently omission of periods has become
> >>common, as in NATO and UN....
> >>[in the UK and elsewhere]

> > That's funny.

> No, dingbat, it's proper and accepted grammar.
>
> > You go with the
> > newer usages of some language

> It's not "newer." It's been accepted for many years.
>
> > but reject the newer (diet based)
> > definition of vegan,

> Dictionaries typically offer the "lowest common denominator" type
> definition. The one you offered elaborated below that veganism has
> nothing whatsoever to do with food but with animal rights.

The one I offered showed as the main
definition the food based one. Only
under specialty definition was there
animal rights. Weren't you reading?
Here, try again.
http://www.websters-online-dictionar...finition/vegan

> >>If the abbreviation retains the last letter of the original (as,
> >>for example "Mister"), the period is not included: Mr John
> >>Smith.
> >>http://www.answers.com/topic/abbreviation

> >>Capitalized *Genus* followed by uncapitalized *species* followed by
> >>*subspecies* or *appropriate number* to identify variant or subspecies.
> >>
> >>For example:
> >>modern/extant man = Homo sapiens sapiens, abbreviated as H. sapiens
> >>sapiens.

> >>the deadly variant of E. coli = Escherichia coli O157:H7, abbreviated as
> >>E. coli O157:H7.

> > HAH, made you Google.

> No, you didn't.

Uh huh.

> >>Now go **** yourself, you self-marginalized high school drop out.

> > You're still fishing, aren't you?

> I don't have to fish. It's quite clear from what you've written
> previously -- and HOW you've written -- that you're undereducated.

I simply don't have OCD like you do.
I don't need to get fussy over details
in conversational spelling or grammar.

> > And your fear of marginalization shows
> > your fear of non-conformance.

> Non-conformity, stoner. I don't embrace either, but I fear neither.

You fear it a lot. It shows.

> > You even made a whole new topic just
> > to tell people that you forced down

> There was no force involved. It was quite enjoyable.
>
> > some sushi so don't call you a vegan.

> Sashimi, you ****.

All to prove to yourself that you
don't have this OCD obsession
over spiritual purity.

> >>wants.

> > Talk about OCD.

> I already have but you resented being shown to be obsessive-compulsive
> with respect to food.

You have shown that it's YOU who
has this obviously otherwise rare
disorder.

> > You can't take it when you see a typo or spelling
> > error.

> So says the bitch who thinks nobody else understands taxonomy.

You certainly didn't or you would
have put the dot after the E.
especially since you are so OCD
about spelling and grammar.

> >>It clearly is. You likewise fear being told the truth because it makes
> >>the fantasy house of cards which you've constructed around yourself to
> >>avoid reality come tumbling down around you.

> > Nope.

> Yes, you fear the truth and you willfully distort reality through your
> chronic drug use.

Do you tell your beer drinker friends
that they are willfully distorting
reality? Oh wait, I forgot, you don't
have any friends. Just your made
up 4 year girlfriend that you were
caught lying about.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
>>>You contradicted yourself too.

>>No, I didn't.

> You said you're not an insulter
> "I didn't insult her", followed by
> "She IS a ninny".

Non sequitur. She's a ninny whether I mention it or not; it's the truth,
not an insult.

>>You amuse me, Skanky.

> No wonder

Your parents must not be amused. Have you ever lived outside their home?

>>Lisa did NOT find a carcass in her peas and carrots. She found a tiny
>>bit of bacon.

> Would you not agree that this

It was bacon.

> I don't need to get fussy over details
> in conversational spelling or grammar.

You never were fussy, which is why you dropped out of school. You likely
had very poor grades before you dropped out.

>>>You can't take it when you see a typo or spelling
>>>error.

>>So says the bitch who thinks nobody else understands taxonomy.

> You certainly didn't or you would
> have put the dot after the E.

Go look through my posts and see how many times I put periods in
abbreviations. With the exception of "e.g." and "i.e." (and usually but
not always "etc."), I seldom do when it pertains to titles (Mr, Mrs, Dr,
Ms) or months (Nov, Oct, Dec).
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
. ..

> >>No, I didn't.

> > You said you're not an insulter
> > "I didn't insult her", followed by
> > "She IS a ninny".

> Non sequitur. She's a ninny whether I mention it or not; it's the truth,
> not an insult.

Nonsense. It's an insult plain and
simple. Everyone can see it because
you're transparent.

> >>You amuse me, Skanky.

> > No wonder

> Your parents must not be amused. Have you ever lived outside their home?

Stop fishing about whether I live
with anyone else and who.
Speaking of where people
are living, why haven't you
enlisted yet so you can really
support the troops by being
one.

> >>Lisa did NOT find a carcass in her peas and carrots. She found a tiny
> >>bit of bacon.

> > Would you not agree that this

> It was bacon.

A piece of dead animal body.
They don't grow on trees.

> > I don't need to get fussy over details
> > in conversational spelling or grammar.

> You never were fussy, which is why you dropped out of school. You likely
> had very poor grades before you dropped out.

You're fishing again. And looking
for excuses to insult. What's the
matter with you that way? Most
people grow out of the name calling
phase of their childhood. Mid teens
latest.

> >>So says the bitch who thinks nobody else understands taxonomy.

> > You certainly didn't or you would
> > have put the dot after the E.

> Go look through my posts and see how many times I put periods in
> abbreviations. With the exception of "e.g." and "i.e." (and usually but
> not always "etc."), I seldom do when it pertains to titles (Mr, Mrs, Dr,
> Ms) or months (Nov, Oct, Dec).

I personally don't care whether you
dot your stuff. But if you are going
to be berating others for spelling
and grammar. clean up your own
act first. Make no mistakes.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

usual suspect

Skanky wrote:

>>>No wonder

>>Your parents must not be amused. Have you ever lived outside their home?

> Stop fishing about whether I live
> with anyone else

You do.

> and who.

Your parents.

>>>Would you not agree that this

>>It was bacon.

> A piece of

bacon.

> They don't grow on trees.

No shit, sherlock. And it wasn't plural: Lisa found ONE little piece of
bacon.

>>>I don't need to get fussy over details
>>>in conversational spelling or grammar.

>>You never were fussy, which is why you dropped out of school. You likely
>>had very poor grades before you dropped out.

> You're fishing again.

No, I'm not.

> And looking for excuses to insult.

I don't insult. I state the truth.

>>>You certainly didn't or you would
>>>have put the dot after the E.

>>Go look through my posts and see how many times I put periods in
>>abbreviations. With the exception of "e.g." and "i.e." (and usually but
>>not always "etc."), I seldom do when it pertains to titles (Mr, Mrs, Dr,
>>Ms) or months (Nov, Oct, Dec).

> I personally don't care

I know you're not conscientious.
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
. ..

> >>Your parents must not be amused. Have you ever lived outside their home?

> > Stop fishing about whether I live
> > with anyone else

> You do.
>
> > and who.

> Your parents.

Fishing ad nauseum.

> >>It was bacon.

> > A piece of

> bacon.
>
> > They don't grow on trees.

> No shit, sherlock. And it wasn't plural: Lisa found ONE little piece of
> bacon.

Why do you call it a little piece?
No matter what the size though,
it was a dead body part.

> >>You never were fussy, which is why you dropped out of school. You likely
> >>had very poor grades before you dropped out.

> > You're fishing again.

> No, I'm not.

Yes you are. Duh. Who are you
trying to fool? You want to know
my education level.

> > And looking for excuses to insult.

> I don't insult. I state the truth.

Then your truth, your mind must
be a very negative area indeed.
I'm glad I'm not you.

> >>Go look through my posts and see how many times I put periods in
> >>abbreviations. With the exception of "e.g." and "i.e." (and usually but
> >>not always "etc."), I seldom do when it pertains to titles (Mr, Mrs, Dr,
> >>Ms) or months (Nov, Oct, Dec).

> > I personally don't care

> I know you're not conscientious.

Hah, you can't even answer a post
without snipping, insulting and running.
What are you avoiding? The fact that
you were told that if you berate others
for grammar and typos, you better be
perfect yourself. Snip and run coward
Usual, who won't really support his
troops but tells others to.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Beach Runner

I'm sorry, I got the wrong reply.
In one of the replies the author wrote

"They'd obviously (badly) scraped off the wrong order and replaced
our food on top, missing the piece of pig."

That's dishonesty and lacks integrity.

usual suspect

<...>

Because Lisa wrote:
I was absolutely mortified after finding a piece of bacon in my
peas/carrots whilst out for a Yate's "vegetarian roast" on
sunday. I have been veggie for 17 years (the proper non-fish
eating, non-gelatine eating type!!!!) so as you can imagine I'm
feeling pretty sick to the stomach - thank God I didn't eat it,
tho the thought of having eaten vegetables that had been in
contact with it - well, I won't dwell on that one, I'm sure you
get the idea.

Note she only noticed the tiny piece of bacon after she'd already eaten
some of the peas and carrots.

> No matter what the size though,

It was TINY.

> it was a

TINY piece of bacon. And how does she know it was real bacon rather than
some soy faux bacon or a bac-o-bit?

I still want that kooky woman to tell me if she'd enjoyed the peas and
carrots before she found this tiny piece of (alleged) bacon. Regardless,
her "mortification" and feeling "sick to the stomach" show her to be
orthorexic. I think she realizes she'll only confirm it if she admits
she enjoyed the peas and carrots -- that's something you're too dense to
realize when you admitted you still like the taste, texture, and smell
of meat (and that you consume meat substitutes that are aesthetically
identical to meat).
usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
> I'm sorry, I got the wrong reply.

Yes, you did.
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
.. .
> Skanky wrote:
> <...>

> >>bacon.

> >>No shit, sherlock. And it wasn't plural: Lisa found ONE little piece of
> >>bacon.

> > Why do you call it a little piece?

> Because Lisa wrote:
> I was absolutely mortified after finding a piece of bacon in my

"A piece", not a small piece,
not a large piece, all she said
was a piece. How can you
presume to know its size?

> peas/carrots whilst out for a Yate's "vegetarian roast" on
> sunday. I have been veggie for 17 years (the proper non-fish
> eating, non-gelatine eating type!!!!) so as you can imagine I'm
> feeling pretty sick to the stomach - thank God I didn't eat it,
> tho the thought of having eaten vegetables that had been in
> contact with it - well, I won't dwell on that one, I'm sure you
> get the idea.
>
> Note she only noticed the tiny piece of bacon after she'd already eaten
> some of the peas and carrots.
>
> > No matter what the size though,

> It was TINY.

Says who? Not her. You.

> > it was a

> TINY piece of bacon. And how does she know it was real bacon rather than
> some soy faux bacon or a bac-o-bit?
>
> I still want that kooky woman to tell me if she'd enjoyed the peas and
> carrots before she found this tiny piece of (alleged) bacon. Regardless,
> her "mortification" and feeling "sick to the stomach" show her to be
> orthorexic. I think she realizes she'll only confirm it if she admits
> she enjoyed the peas and carrots -- that's something you're too dense to
> realize when you admitted you still like the taste, texture, and smell
> of meat (and that you consume meat substitutes that are aesthetically
> identical to meat).

Calling her names like kooky is
hardly going to get you the response
you're looking for. Why are you so
insulting all the time? Are you
chronically constipated?

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

usual suspect

Skanky Nutball wrote:
>><...>

>>>Why do you call it a little piece?

>>Because Lisa wrote:
>>I was absolutely mortified after finding a piece of bacon in my

> "A piece", not a small piece,

A piece which blended in with her peas and carrots.

>>peas/carrots whilst out for a Yate's "vegetarian roast" on
>>sunday. I have been veggie for 17 years (the proper non-fish
>>eating, non-gelatine eating type!!!!) so as you can imagine I'm
>>feeling pretty sick to the stomach - thank God I didn't eat it,
>>tho the thought of having eaten vegetables that had been in
>>contact with it - well, I won't dwell on that one, I'm sure you
>>get the idea.
>>
>>Note she only noticed the tiny piece of bacon after she'd already eaten
>>some of the peas and carrots.
>>

>>>No matter what the size though,

>>It was TINY.

> Says who?

It was small enough that she couldn't see it plainly while she ate her
peas and carrots -- which she didn't seem to dislike UNTIL she found
this tiny piece of (alleged) bacon.

>>>it was a

>>TINY piece of bacon. And how does she know it was real bacon rather than
>>some soy faux bacon or a bac-o-bit?
>>
>>I still want that kooky woman to tell me if she'd enjoyed the peas and
>>carrots before she found this tiny piece of (alleged) bacon. Regardless,
>>her "mortification" and feeling "sick to the stomach" show her to be
>>orthorexic. I think she realizes she'll only confirm it if she admits
>>she enjoyed the peas and carrots -- that's something you're too dense to
>>realize when you admitted you still like the taste, texture, and smell
>>of meat (and that you consume meat substitutes that are aesthetically
>>identical to meat).

> Calling her names

I didn't call her any names, ****.
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
.. .
> Skanky Nutball wrote:
> >><...>

of

> >>Because Lisa wrote:
> >>I was absolutely mortified after finding a piece of bacon in my

> > "A piece", not a small piece,

> A piece which blended in with her peas and carrots.

How do you know it wasn't
underneath?

> >>peas/carrots whilst out for a Yate's "vegetarian roast" on
> >>sunday. I have been veggie for 17 years (the proper non-fish
> >>eating, non-gelatine eating type!!!!) so as you can imagine I'm
> >>feeling pretty sick to the stomach - thank God I didn't eat it,
> >>tho the thought of having eaten vegetables that had been in
> >>contact with it - well, I won't dwell on that one, I'm sure you
> >>get the idea.
> >>
> >>Note she only noticed the tiny piece of bacon after she'd already eaten
> >>some of the peas and carrots.

> >>It was TINY.

> > Says who?

> It was small enough that she couldn't see it plainly while she ate her
> peas and carrots -- which she didn't seem to dislike UNTIL she found
> this tiny piece of (alleged) bacon.

> >>TINY piece of bacon. And how does she know it was real bacon rather than
> >>some soy faux bacon or a bac-o-bit?
> >>
> >>I still want that kooky woman to tell me if she'd enjoyed the peas and
> >>carrots before she found this tiny piece of (alleged) bacon. Regardless,
> >>her "mortification" and feeling "sick to the stomach" show her to be
> >>orthorexic. I think she realizes she'll only confirm it if she admits
> >>she enjoyed the peas and carrots -- that's something you're too dense to
> >>realize when you admitted you still like the taste, texture, and smell
> >>of meat (and that you consume meat substitutes that are aesthetically
> >>identical to meat).

> > Calling her names

> I didn't call her any names, ****.

Kooky. That's what you called her.