Yelloweye Rockfish/cod recipe

Old 17-08-2010, 01:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Yelloweye Rockfish/cod recipe

Bought a couple of beautiful Yellow Eye steaks today.
(http://www.komar.org/faq/seward-fish...-eye-rockfish/ - nobody
I know is pictured) I won't make a wine sauce because I don't have a
bottle of white wine open, so I Googled and came up with this recipe
at Big Oven.

Rockfish in Parchment with Lemon and Herbs
4 Servings

By Larry Brown of the Seattle Times writing in the San Jose Mercury
News. 6/9/93. Posted by Stephen Ceideburg From Geminis MASSIVE
MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini

Ingredients

4 Rockfish fillets, cut into 4 (I'm using 2 thick steaks)
1 medium clove garlic, peeled and chopped
1 ts dried dill, or basil (I have fresh basil, so I'll use that)
1 tb olive oil
1/4 ts salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 large lemon, thinly sliced (I have Meyer lemons to use)

Preparation

Place a heavy baking sheet in the oven as it is preheating to 450
degrees. Cut 4 pieces of parchment paper into 12-by-15- inch
rectangles. Place a fish fillet in the center of each piece of paper.
Sprinkle with the garlic, desired herb, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Place the lemon slices on top of the fish. Fold the long edges of the
parchment over several times; fold in the sides. Crimp the edges to
seal. Place the packages on the hot baking sheet and bake the fish
for 13 minutes (about 13 minutes per inch of thickness for this method
of cooking). Let each person unfold the individual serving of fish.

How to work with parchment paper for "en Papillote".
http://macrobiotic.about.com/od/seaf.../SteamFish.htm

--

Carrot cake counts as a serving of vegetables.
Old 17-08-2010, 05:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 17:11:49 -0700, sf wrote:

Rockfish in Parchment with Lemon and Herbs

It turned out very well! It was assembled on a bed of thinly sliced
onions and served with lemon pasta and roasted broccoli.

--

Carrot cake counts as a serving of vegetables.