Cacique® Chorizo and eggs for breakfast

Old 24-12-2009, 03:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cacique® Chorizo and eggs for breakfast

Scary list of..

INGREDIENTS:

Pork [salivary glands, lymph nodes, fat (cheeks)],

chorizo seasoning (paprika, salt, spices, mustard, garlic powder),
vinegar, textured soy flour, sodium nitrite.

with eggs. Delicioso!

jay

Old 24-12-2009, 05:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

jay wrote:
Scary list of..

INGREDIENTS:

Pork [salivary glands, lymph nodes, fat (cheeks)],

chorizo seasoning (paprika, salt, spices, mustard, garlic powder),
vinegar, textured soy flour, sodium nitrite.

with eggs. Delicioso!

jay

That's enough to make me want to make it myself. I have recipes
squirreled away, and it seems to be quite easy.

Hmmm. How has soy crept into this?

--
Jean B.
Old 24-12-2009, 08:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"jay" wrote in message
Scary list of..

INGREDIENTS:

Pork [salivary glands, lymph nodes, fat (cheeks)],

chorizo seasoning (paprika, salt, spices, mustard, garlic powder),
vinegar, textured soy flour, sodium nitrite.

with eggs. Delicioso!

Yep, I eat it all the time. I love it with hot corn tortillas.

Paul

Old 24-12-2009, 09:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/24/2009 4:39 AM, jay wrote:
Scary list of..

INGREDIENTS:

Pork [salivary glands, lymph nodes, fat (cheeks)],

chorizo seasoning (paprika, salt, spices, mustard, garlic powder),
vinegar, textured soy flour, sodium nitrite.

with eggs. Delicioso!

I like the chorizo but this Mexican style is a little tough to handle.
The sausage looks great in the package but the ingredients always make
me put that sausage back in the display case. What's it like to eat one
of these?

jay

Old 24-12-2009, 10:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/24/2009 6:20 AM, Jean B. wrote:
jay wrote:
Scary list of..

INGREDIENTS:

Pork [salivary glands, lymph nodes, fat (cheeks)],

chorizo seasoning (paprika, salt, spices, mustard, garlic powder),
vinegar, textured soy flour, sodium nitrite.

with eggs. Delicioso!

jay

That's enough to make me want to make it myself. I have recipes
squirreled away, and it seems to be quite easy.

Hmmm. How has soy crept into this?

In sausage like this I don't mind a little soy flour and TVP. How about
96.5% or so to start? :-)

Soybeans were big stuff in the 70s with my friend in the School of
Tropical Agriculture. I though those guys were always slackers for
choosing that field of study - I was right too. :-) They thought soy was
gonna be the food of the future. Looks like they were right! :-)

Old 24-12-2009, 10:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

jay wrote:
Scary list of..

INGREDIENTS:

Pork [salivary glands, lymph nodes, fat (cheeks)],

chorizo seasoning (paprika, salt, spices, mustard, garlic powder),
vinegar, textured soy flour, sodium nitrite.

with eggs. Delicioso!

jay

That's enough to make me want to make it myself. I have recipes
squirreled away, and it seems to be quite easy.

Hmmm. How has soy crept into this?

In sausage like this I don't mind a little soy flour and TVP. How about
96.5% or so to start? :-)

Soybeans were big stuff in the 70s with my friend in the School of
Tropical Agriculture. I though those guys were always slackers for
choosing that field of study - I was right too. :-) They thought soy was
gonna be the food of the future. Looks like they were right! :-)

Well, as far as sales and making money goes. Other than that, I
think this overconsumption of soy is extremely unwise.

--
Jean B.
Old 24-12-2009, 10:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

jay wrote:
[...]

I don't have any opinion in this matter since I haven't noticed any
overconsumption or reports of any problems with soy. However, I'll keep
on the lookout for this. It's likely that you're correct that there is
soy in a lot of foods we eat. The reason this is true is that the
economics favor it. These days, the money factor seems to be of primary
concern. It's the reason we have HFCS as the sweetener of choice and the
soon-to-be ubiquitous Talapia as the generic whitefish of choice. This
is our future it seems.

Old 25-12-2009, 01:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

jay wrote:
[...]

Well, I don't have to consume any of these things, so I take pains
to avoid them.

--
Jean B.
Old 25-12-2009, 01:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
On 12/24/2009 4:39 AM, jay wrote:
Scary list of..

INGREDIENTS:

Pork [salivary glands, lymph nodes, fat (cheeks)],

chorizo seasoning (paprika, salt, spices, mustard, garlic powder),
vinegar, textured soy flour, sodium nitrite.

with eggs. Delicioso!

I like the chorizo but this Mexican style is a little tough to handle.
The sausage looks great in the package but the ingredients always make
me put that sausage back in the display case. What's it like to eat one
of these?

Good with eggs with much fat to render. I am currently on a quest to
discover all the glory of chorizo.. trying 'em all. I wouldn't buy this
one again.

jay
Old 25-12-2009, 04:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 08:39:33 -0600, jay wrote:

Scary list of..

INGREDIENTS:

Pork [salivary glands, lymph nodes, fat (cheeks)],

chorizo seasoning (paprika, salt, spices, mustard, garlic powder),
vinegar, textured soy flour, sodium nitrite.

with eggs. Delicioso!

Maybe after this you can head on over to Sheldon's rusted Airstream
and have some SPAM for lunch.

-sw

er, Airstreams are aluminum and aluminum doesn't rust.
Old 25-12-2009, 06:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/24/2009 5:33 PM, Pete C. wrote:

er, Airstreams are aluminum and aluminum doesn't rust.

On a practical level, you're right. Technically, aluminum will corrode
almost instantly on exposure to air. The thin layer of aluminum "rust"
retards the further oxidation of the metal quite effectively.
Old 25-12-2009, 07:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Old 26-12-2009, 01:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 12:57:50 -0600, jay wrote:

Merry Christmas, Jay!

-sw

http://www.elyucateco.com/

Old 26-12-2009, 06:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

jay wrote:

http://www.elyucateco.com/

Monday, we bought a bottle of the Chile Habanero salsa at a Mexican
grocer, we bought the verde, the green one. We had it on eggs, it
tastes pretty good. It is hot, though.

Becca
Old 26-12-2009, 06:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" wrote in message
jay wrote:

http://www.elyucateco.com/

Monday, we bought a bottle of the Chile Habanero salsa at a Mexican
grocer, we bought the verde, the green one. We had it on eggs, it tastes
pretty good. It is hot, though.

Becca

I'm just reading through the seed catalogs that have been delivered. I
noticed a new seed for Habanero. It says it has all the flavors but only a
Scoville rating of 100. I like the flavor, but not the pain. I'm tempted
to grow it to see.
Janet