General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 24-12-2009, 03:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 356
Default Cacique® Chorizo and eggs for breakfast

Scary list of..

INGREDIENTS:

Pork [salivary glands, lymph nodes, fat (cheeks)],

chorizo seasoning (paprika, salt, spices, mustard, garlic powder),
vinegar, textured soy flour, sodium nitrite.


with eggs. Delicioso!


jay



  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 24-12-2009, 05:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11,585
Default Cacique® Chorizo and eggs for breakfast

jay wrote:
Scary list of..

INGREDIENTS:

Pork [salivary glands, lymph nodes, fat (cheeks)],

chorizo seasoning (paprika, salt, spices, mustard, garlic powder),
vinegar, textured soy flour, sodium nitrite.


with eggs. Delicioso!


jay


That's enough to make me want to make it myself. I have recipes
squirreled away, and it seems to be quite easy.

Hmmm. How has soy crept into this?

--
Jean B.
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 24-12-2009, 08:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,714
Default Cacique® Chorizo and eggs for breakfast


"jay" wrote in message
...
Scary list of..

INGREDIENTS:

Pork [salivary glands, lymph nodes, fat (cheeks)],

chorizo seasoning (paprika, salt, spices, mustard, garlic powder),
vinegar, textured soy flour, sodium nitrite.


with eggs. Delicioso!



Yep, I eat it all the time. I love it with hot corn tortillas.

Paul


  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 24-12-2009, 09:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 248
Default Cacique® Chorizo and eggs for breakfast

On 12/24/2009 4:39 AM, jay wrote:
Scary list of..

INGREDIENTS:

Pork [salivary glands, lymph nodes, fat (cheeks)],

chorizo seasoning (paprika, salt, spices, mustard, garlic powder),
vinegar, textured soy flour, sodium nitrite.


with eggs. Delicioso!


I like the chorizo but this Mexican style is a little tough to handle.
The sausage looks great in the package but the ingredients always make
me put that sausage back in the display case. What's it like to eat one
of these?



jay



  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 24-12-2009, 10:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 248
Default Cacique® Chorizo and eggs for breakfast

On 12/24/2009 6:20 AM, Jean B. wrote:
jay wrote:
Scary list of..

INGREDIENTS:

Pork [salivary glands, lymph nodes, fat (cheeks)],

chorizo seasoning (paprika, salt, spices, mustard, garlic powder),
vinegar, textured soy flour, sodium nitrite.


with eggs. Delicioso!


jay


That's enough to make me want to make it myself. I have recipes
squirreled away, and it seems to be quite easy.

Hmmm. How has soy crept into this?


In sausage like this I don't mind a little soy flour and TVP. How about
96.5% or so to start? :-)

Soybeans were big stuff in the 70s with my friend in the School of
Tropical Agriculture. I though those guys were always slackers for
choosing that field of study - I was right too. :-) They thought soy was
gonna be the food of the future. Looks like they were right! :-)




  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 24-12-2009, 10:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11,585
Default Cacique® Chorizo and eggs for breakfast

dsi1 wrote:
On 12/24/2009 6:20 AM, Jean B. wrote:
jay wrote:
Scary list of..

INGREDIENTS:

Pork [salivary glands, lymph nodes, fat (cheeks)],

chorizo seasoning (paprika, salt, spices, mustard, garlic powder),
vinegar, textured soy flour, sodium nitrite.


with eggs. Delicioso!


jay


That's enough to make me want to make it myself. I have recipes
squirreled away, and it seems to be quite easy.

Hmmm. How has soy crept into this?


In sausage like this I don't mind a little soy flour and TVP. How about
96.5% or so to start? :-)

Soybeans were big stuff in the 70s with my friend in the School of
Tropical Agriculture. I though those guys were always slackers for
choosing that field of study - I was right too. :-) They thought soy was
gonna be the food of the future. Looks like they were right! :-)


Well, as far as sales and making money goes. Other than that, I
think this overconsumption of soy is extremely unwise.

--
Jean B.
  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 24-12-2009, 10:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 248
Default Cacique® Chorizo and eggs for breakfast

On 12/24/2009 11:13 AM, Jean B. wrote:
dsi1 wrote:
On 12/24/2009 6:20 AM, Jean B. wrote:
jay wrote:
Scary list of..

INGREDIENTS:

Pork [salivary glands, lymph nodes, fat (cheeks)],

chorizo seasoning (paprika, salt, spices, mustard, garlic powder),
vinegar, textured soy flour, sodium nitrite.


with eggs. Delicioso!


jay


That's enough to make me want to make it myself. I have recipes
squirreled away, and it seems to be quite easy.

Hmmm. How has soy crept into this?


In sausage like this I don't mind a little soy flour and TVP. How
about 96.5% or so to start? :-)

Soybeans were big stuff in the 70s with my friend in the School of
Tropical Agriculture. I though those guys were always slackers for
choosing that field of study - I was right too. :-) They thought soy
was gonna be the food of the future. Looks like they were right! :-)


Well, as far as sales and making money goes. Other than that, I think
this overconsumption of soy is extremely unwise.


I don't have any opinion in this matter since I haven't noticed any
overconsumption or reports of any problems with soy. However, I'll keep
on the lookout for this. It's likely that you're correct that there is
soy in a lot of foods we eat. The reason this is true is that the
economics favor it. These days, the money factor seems to be of primary
concern. It's the reason we have HFCS as the sweetener of choice and the
soon-to-be ubiquitous Talapia as the generic whitefish of choice. This
is our future it seems.

  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 25-12-2009, 01:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11,585
Default Cacique® Chorizo and eggs for breakfast

dsi1 wrote:
On 12/24/2009 11:13 AM, Jean B. wrote:
dsi1 wrote:
On 12/24/2009 6:20 AM, Jean B. wrote:
jay wrote:
Scary list of..

INGREDIENTS:

Pork [salivary glands, lymph nodes, fat (cheeks)],

chorizo seasoning (paprika, salt, spices, mustard, garlic powder),
vinegar, textured soy flour, sodium nitrite.


with eggs. Delicioso!


jay


That's enough to make me want to make it myself. I have recipes
squirreled away, and it seems to be quite easy.

Hmmm. How has soy crept into this?


In sausage like this I don't mind a little soy flour and TVP. How
about 96.5% or so to start? :-)

Soybeans were big stuff in the 70s with my friend in the School of
Tropical Agriculture. I though those guys were always slackers for
choosing that field of study - I was right too. :-) They thought soy
was gonna be the food of the future. Looks like they were right! :-)


Well, as far as sales and making money goes. Other than that, I think
this overconsumption of soy is extremely unwise.


I don't have any opinion in this matter since I haven't noticed any
overconsumption or reports of any problems with soy. However, I'll keep
on the lookout for this. It's likely that you're correct that there is
soy in a lot of foods we eat. The reason this is true is that the
economics favor it. These days, the money factor seems to be of primary
concern. It's the reason we have HFCS as the sweetener of choice and the
soon-to-be ubiquitous Talapia as the generic whitefish of choice. This
is our future it seems.

Well, I don't have to consume any of these things, so I take pains
to avoid them.

--
Jean B.
  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 25-12-2009, 01:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 356
Default Cacique® Chorizo and eggs for breakfast

dsi1 wrote:
On 12/24/2009 4:39 AM, jay wrote:
Scary list of..

INGREDIENTS:

Pork [salivary glands, lymph nodes, fat (cheeks)],

chorizo seasoning (paprika, salt, spices, mustard, garlic powder),
vinegar, textured soy flour, sodium nitrite.


with eggs. Delicioso!


I like the chorizo but this Mexican style is a little tough to handle.
The sausage looks great in the package but the ingredients always make
me put that sausage back in the display case. What's it like to eat one
of these?


Good with eggs with much fat to render. I am currently on a quest to
discover all the glory of chorizo.. trying 'em all. I wouldn't buy this
one again.

jay
  #10 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 25-12-2009, 04:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,847
Default Cacique® Chorizo and eggs for breakfast


Sqwertz wrote:

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 08:39:33 -0600, jay wrote:

Scary list of..

INGREDIENTS:

Pork [salivary glands, lymph nodes, fat (cheeks)],

chorizo seasoning (paprika, salt, spices, mustard, garlic powder),
vinegar, textured soy flour, sodium nitrite.

with eggs. Delicioso!


Maybe after this you can head on over to Sheldon's rusted Airstream
and have some SPAM for lunch.

-sw


er, Airstreams are aluminum and aluminum doesn't rust.


  #11 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 25-12-2009, 06:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 598
Default Cacique® Chorizo and eggs for breakfast

On 12/24/2009 5:33 PM, Pete C. wrote:

er, Airstreams are aluminum and aluminum doesn't rust.


On a practical level, you're right. Technically, aluminum will corrode
almost instantly on exposure to air. The thin layer of aluminum "rust"
retards the further oxidation of the metal quite effectively.
  #12 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 25-12-2009, 07:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 356
Default Cacique® Chorizo and eggs for breakfast

HumptyDumptySqwertz wrote:


Maybe after this you can head on over to Sheldon's rusted Airstream
and have some SPAM for lunch.


-sw

  #13 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 26-12-2009, 01:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 356
Default Cacique® Chorizo and eggs for breakfast

Sqwertz wrote:
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 12:57:50 -0600, jay wrote:


Merry Christmas, Jay!

-sw


http://www.elyucateco.com/

  #14 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 26-12-2009, 06:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,664
Default Cacique® Chorizo and eggs for breakfast

jay wrote:

http://www.elyucateco.com/


Monday, we bought a bottle of the Chile Habanero salsa at a Mexican
grocer, we bought the verde, the green one. We had it on eggs, it
tastes pretty good. It is hot, though.


Becca
  #15 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 26-12-2009, 06:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,061
Default Cacique® Chorizo and eggs for breakfast


"Becca" wrote in message
...
jay wrote:

http://www.elyucateco.com/


Monday, we bought a bottle of the Chile Habanero salsa at a Mexican
grocer, we bought the verde, the green one. We had it on eggs, it tastes
pretty good. It is hot, though.

Becca

I'm just reading through the seed catalogs that have been delivered. I
noticed a new seed for Habanero. It says it has all the flavors but only a
Scoville rating of 100. I like the flavor, but not the pain. I'm tempted
to grow it to see.
Janet




Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chorizo and eggs mixup z z General Cooking 1 01-04-2012 07:55 PM
Chorizo and eggs mixup George M. Middius[_2_] General Cooking 1 01-04-2012 02:25 AM
Not chorizo and eggs aem General Cooking 17 28-01-2009 08:01 AM
Homemade Breakfast Chorizo grace irving General Cooking 0 16-10-2003 03:12 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2017 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017