Cindy Fuller

Default Tonight's dinner--not for the squeamish

No, I didn't make anything like geoducks or eels. I tried the grilled
garlic steak recipe from yesterday's Minimalist column in the NY Times.
Not bad, but it needed more garlic. I served it with barley and (turn
away, Barb, Alan, and Harry) beets with raisins and fresh ginger. I got
the latter recipe from Greene on Greens. Pretty tasty. I don't make
beets very often, but they were on sale and I was bored with most of the
other vegetables I saw at the market that day.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
James Shugg

Cindy Fuller > wrote in message >...
> No, I didn't make anything like geoducks or eels. I tried the grilled
> garlic steak recipe from yesterday's Minimalist column in the NY Times.
> Not bad, but it needed more garlic. I served it with barley and (turn
> away, Barb, Alan, and Harry) beets with raisins and fresh ginger. I got
> the latter recipe from Greene on Greens. Pretty tasty. I don't make
> beets very often, but they were on sale and I was bored with most of the
> other vegetables I saw at the market that day.
>
> Cindy

What on earth is wrong with beets, if by that you mean beetroot? In
Australia we have been trying for years to get Maccas to replace the
pickle in the Big Mac with a slice of beetroot, which is of course the
traditional accompaniment in a burger.

Gotta watch that colour through, it can stain your clothes and your
pee will be pinky-purple for a day or so, depending on how much you
eat.

BTW, your ginger and raison beetroot recipe sounds good.

James
James Shugg

Cindy Fuller > wrote in message >...
> No, I didn't make anything like geoducks or eels. I tried the grilled
> garlic steak recipe from yesterday's Minimalist column in the NY Times.
> Not bad, but it needed more garlic. I served it with barley and (turn
> away, Barb, Alan, and Harry) beets with raisins and fresh ginger. I got
> the latter recipe from Greene on Greens. Pretty tasty. I don't make
> beets very often, but they were on sale and I was bored with most of the
> other vegetables I saw at the market that day.
>
> Cindy

What on earth is wrong with beets, if by that you mean beetroot? In
Australia we have been trying for years to get Maccas to replace the
pickle in the Big Mac with a slice of beetroot, which is of course the
traditional accompaniment in a burger.

Gotta watch that colour through, it can stain your clothes and your
pee will be pinky-purple for a day or so, depending on how much you
eat.

BTW, your ginger and raison beetroot recipe sounds good.

James
Melba's Jammin'

In article
Cindy Fuller > wrote:
>I served it with barley and (turn away, Barb, Alan, and Harry) beets
>with raisins and fresh ginger.

I shoulda listened to Mom: "When someone tells you to not look, don't
look."

--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.

Melba's Jammin'

In article

--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.

A.C.

James Shugg wrote:

> Gotta watch that colour through,
>it can stain your clothes and your
> pee will be pinky-purple for a day
>or so, depending on how much you eat.

hhaha.. that will serve as a reminder to me not to pig out on beets and
asparagus in the same day. the only thing worse than pinky purple pee is
stinky pinky purple pee :-P

Dave Smith

Cindy Fuller wrote:

> No, I didn't make anything like geoducks or eels.

What's wrong with eel? It's very good.

Dave Smith

Cindy Fuller wrote:

> No, I didn't make anything like geoducks or eels.

What's wrong with eel? It's very good.

alzelt

Cindy Fuller wrote:

> No, I didn't make anything like geoducks or eels. I tried the grilled
> garlic steak recipe from yesterday's Minimalist column in the NY Times.
> Not bad, but it needed more garlic. I served it with barley and (turn
> away, Barb, Alan, and Harry) beets with raisins and fresh ginger. I got
> the latter recipe from Greene on Greens. Pretty tasty. I don't make
> beets very often, but they were on sale and I was bored with most of the
> other vegetables I saw at the market that day.
>
> Cindy

On behalf of Barb and Harry, I do hope you stained your carpets with
them.
--
Alan

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never
neither do we."

........President George W. Bush, at the signing of the $417
defense-spending bill, August, 2004

alzelt

Cindy Fuller wrote:

> No, I didn't make anything like geoducks or eels. I tried the grilled
> garlic steak recipe from yesterday's Minimalist column in the NY Times.
> Not bad, but it needed more garlic. I served it with barley and (turn
> away, Barb, Alan, and Harry) beets with raisins and fresh ginger. I got
> the latter recipe from Greene on Greens. Pretty tasty. I don't make
> beets very often, but they were on sale and I was bored with most of the
> other vegetables I saw at the market that day.
>
> Cindy

On behalf of Barb and Harry, I do hope you stained your carpets with
them.
--
Alan

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never
neither do we."

........President George W. Bush, at the signing of the $417
defense-spending bill, August, 2004

Harry Demidavicius

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 02:50:06 GMT, alzelt
> wrote:

>Cindy Fuller wrote:
>
>> No, I didn't make anything like geoducks or eels. I tried the grilled
>> garlic steak recipe from yesterday's Minimalist column in the NY Times.
>> Not bad, but it needed more garlic. I served it with barley and (turn
>> away, Barb, Alan, and Harry) beets with raisins and fresh ginger. I got
>> the latter recipe from Greene on Greens. Pretty tasty. I don't make
>> beets very often, but they were on sale and I was bored with most of the
>> other vegetables I saw at the market that day.
>>
>> Cindy
>>

>On behalf of Barb and Harry, I do hope you stained your carpets with
>them.

And the stain is indelible! and your rug is a shag!

Harry
Harry Demidavicius

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 02:50:06 GMT, alzelt
> wrote:

>Cindy Fuller wrote:
>
>> No, I didn't make anything like geoducks or eels. I tried the grilled
>> garlic steak recipe from yesterday's Minimalist column in the NY Times.
>> Not bad, but it needed more garlic. I served it with barley and (turn
>> away, Barb, Alan, and Harry) beets with raisins and fresh ginger. I got
>> the latter recipe from Greene on Greens. Pretty tasty. I don't make
>> beets very often, but they were on sale and I was bored with most of the
>> other vegetables I saw at the market that day.
>>
>> Cindy
>>

>On behalf of Barb and Harry, I do hope you stained your carpets with
>them.

And the stain is indelible! and your rug is a shag!

Harry
Harry Demidavicius

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 02:50:06 GMT, alzelt
> wrote:

>Cindy Fuller wrote:
>
>> No, I didn't make anything like geoducks or eels. I tried the grilled
>> garlic steak recipe from yesterday's Minimalist column in the NY Times.
>> Not bad, but it needed more garlic. I served it with barley and (turn
>> away, Barb, Alan, and Harry) beets with raisins and fresh ginger. I got
>> the latter recipe from Greene on Greens. Pretty tasty. I don't make
>> beets very often, but they were on sale and I was bored with most of the
>> other vegetables I saw at the market that day.
>>
>> Cindy
>>

>On behalf of Barb and Harry, I do hope you stained your carpets with
>them.

And the stain is indelible! and your rug is a shag!

Harry
Cindy Fuller

In article >,
Harry Demidavicius > wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 02:50:06 GMT, alzelt
> > wrote:
>

> >Cindy Fuller wrote:
> >
> >> No, I didn't make anything like geoducks or eels. I tried the grilled
> >> garlic steak recipe from yesterday's Minimalist column in the NY Times.
> >> Not bad, but it needed more garlic. I served it with barley and (turn
> >> away, Barb, Alan, and Harry) beets with raisins and fresh ginger. I got
> >> the latter recipe from Greene on Greens. Pretty tasty. I don't make
> >> beets very often, but they were on sale and I was bored with most of the
> >> other vegetables I saw at the market that day.
> >>
> >> Cindy
> >>

> >On behalf of Barb and Harry, I do hope you stained your carpets with
> >them.

> And the stain is indelible! and your rug is a shag!

No such luck, even though the carpet under the dining room table is
white.

In honor of opening day of the Olympics, SO made lamb spiedies and Greek
salad tonight.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Cindy Fuller

In article >,
Harry Demidavicius > wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 02:50:06 GMT, alzelt
> > wrote:
>

> >Cindy Fuller wrote:
> >
> >> No, I didn't make anything like geoducks or eels. I tried the grilled
> >> garlic steak recipe from yesterday's Minimalist column in the NY Times.
> >> Not bad, but it needed more garlic. I served it with barley and (turn
> >> away, Barb, Alan, and Harry) beets with raisins and fresh ginger. I got
> >> the latter recipe from Greene on Greens. Pretty tasty. I don't make
> >> beets very often, but they were on sale and I was bored with most of the
> >> other vegetables I saw at the market that day.
> >>
> >> Cindy
> >>

> >On behalf of Barb and Harry, I do hope you stained your carpets with
> >them.

> And the stain is indelible! and your rug is a shag!

No such luck, even though the carpet under the dining room table is
white.

In honor of opening day of the Olympics, SO made lamb spiedies and Greek
salad tonight.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me

Julian Vrieslander

In article
alzelt > wrote:

> On behalf of Barb and Harry, I do hope you stained your carpets with
> them.

We don't need beets for that. We have cats.

--
Julian Vrieslander
Julian Vrieslander

In article
alzelt > wrote:

> On behalf of Barb and Harry, I do hope you stained your carpets with
> them.

We don't need beets for that. We have cats.

--
Julian Vrieslander
Julian Vrieslander

In article
alzelt > wrote:

> On behalf of Barb and Harry, I do hope you stained your carpets with
> them.

We don't need beets for that. We have cats.

--
Julian Vrieslander
-L. :

Cindy Fuller > wrote in message >...
> No, I didn't make anything like geoducks or eels. I tried the grilled
> garlic steak recipe from yesterday's Minimalist column in the NY Times.
> Not bad, but it needed more garlic. I served it with barley and (turn
> away, Barb, Alan, and Harry) beets with raisins and fresh ginger. I got
> the latter recipe from Greene on Greens. Pretty tasty. I don't make
> beets very often, but they were on sale and I was bored with most of the
> other vegetables I saw at the market that day.
>
> Cindy

I'll pass on the dead cow, but gimme dose beets! Yum-yum! ;D

-L.
-L. :

Cindy Fuller > wrote in message >...
> No, I didn't make anything like geoducks or eels. I tried the grilled
> garlic steak recipe from yesterday's Minimalist column in the NY Times.
> Not bad, but it needed more garlic. I served it with barley and (turn
> away, Barb, Alan, and Harry) beets with raisins and fresh ginger. I got
> the latter recipe from Greene on Greens. Pretty tasty. I don't make
> beets very often, but they were on sale and I was bored with most of the
> other vegetables I saw at the market that day.
>
> Cindy

I'll pass on the dead cow, but gimme dose beets! Yum-yum! ;D

-L.

-L. :

Cindy Fuller > wrote in message >...
> No, I didn't make anything like geoducks or eels. I tried the grilled
> garlic steak recipe from yesterday's Minimalist column in the NY Times.
> Not bad, but it needed more garlic. I served it with barley and (turn
> away, Barb, Alan, and Harry) beets with raisins and fresh ginger. I got
> the latter recipe from Greene on Greens. Pretty tasty. I don't make
> beets very often, but they were on sale and I was bored with most of the
> other vegetables I saw at the market that day.
>
> Cindy

I'll pass on the dead cow, but gimme dose beets! Yum-yum! ;D

-L.
Larry Smith

Cindy Fuller wrote:

> In honor of opening day of the Olympics, SO made lamb spiedies and Greek
> salad tonight.

I hope you used _fresh_ Greeks...

--
..-. .-. .---. .---. .-..-.|Experts in Linux/Unix: www.WildOpenSource.com
| |__ / | \| |-< | |-< > / |"Making the bazaar more commonplace"
`----'`-^-'`-'`-'`-'`-' `-' |Check out my new novel: "Cloud Realm" at:
home:www.smith-house.org:8000|http://www.smith-house.org:8000/books/list.html

Larry Smith

Cindy Fuller wrote:

> In honor of opening day of the Olympics, SO made lamb spiedies and Greek
> salad tonight.

I hope you used _fresh_ Greeks...