flowerpot

Default Elderflower pong!

I've started making my elderflower wine today and it doesn't half pong.
I'm very surprised at the strength of the smell. Please tell me this is
normal?

flowerpot

Sam Wigand

flowerpot wrote:
> I've started making my elderflower wine today and it doesn't half pong.
> I'm very surprised at the strength of the smell. Please tell me this is
> normal?
>
> flowerpot

I've never boiled elderflowers myself, but my dad told me once that when
his mother boiled up elderflowers for wine, the whole house was suffused
with the delicate scent of cat wee.

Sam Wigand

"Quaggy River Brewery"
flowerpot

Thanks for replying Sam - I'll stop worrying now!

Elderflower Jelly gloria p Preserving 2 28-06-2014 03:44 AM
Olympic Ping Pong, again. Andy[_2_] General Cooking 9 25-08-2008 11:08 PM
Beer Pong for President? The Boxman Beer 0 03-06-2008 10:01 PM
Beer Pong tomkanpa Beer 0 03-10-2007 02:25 PM
Elderflower Champagne sediment... Phil Read Winemaking 1 10-06-2004 09:11 PM