Gary

Default Anyone Used Alexander's Concentrates?

In addition to the usual popular kits with a bag of concentrate and all the
additives, my local winemaking supply shop sells Alexander's Sun Country
concentrates in a 96 oz. can. Two cans are recommended for a 5 gallon batch
of wine, which involves adding about 8 cups of sugar, and adjusting for
acid, adding yeast nutrient, etc. I'm wondering how they compare to
BrewKing, RJ Spagols, etc.

The main reason I'm considering Alexander's is that they offer Muscat
(Moscato), my wife's favorite varietal. I cannot find any kit for Muscat /
Moscato.

Thanks for any information.

Regards,

Gary Flye
Charlotte, North Carolina

http://home.carolina.rr.com/winemaking/

Gary wrote:
> In addition to the usual popular kits with a bag of concentrate and

all the
> additives, my local winemaking supply shop sells Alexander's Sun

Country
> concentrates in a 96 oz. can. Two cans are recommended for a 5

gallon batch
> of wine, which involves adding about 8 cups of sugar, and adjusting

for
> acid, adding yeast nutrient, etc. I'm wondering how they compare to
> BrewKing, RJ Spagols, etc.
>
> The main reason I'm considering Alexander's is that they offer Muscat
> (Moscato), my wife's favorite varietal. I cannot find any kit for

Muscat /
> Moscato.
>
> Thanks for any information.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gary Flye
> Charlotte, North Carolina
>
> http://home.carolina.rr.com/winemaking/

Alexanders is not high quality from my experience. I have used them
from time to help fruit wines.
Tim

Gary

Tim,

Thanks for the response. I did purchase two cans of Muscat (Moscato) since
I cannot find any kit with that varietal. It will be interesting to see how
it turns out.

Gary Flye
Charlotte, North Carolina

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Gary wrote:
> > In addition to the usual popular kits with a bag of concentrate and

> all the
> > additives, my local winemaking supply shop sells Alexander's Sun

> Country
> > concentrates in a 96 oz. can. Two cans are recommended for a 5

> gallon batch
> > of wine, which involves adding about 8 cups of sugar, and adjusting

> for
> > acid, adding yeast nutrient, etc. I'm wondering how they compare to
> > BrewKing, RJ Spagols, etc.
> >
> > The main reason I'm considering Alexander's is that they offer Muscat
> > (Moscato), my wife's favorite varietal. I cannot find any kit for

> Muscat /
> > Moscato.
> >
> > Thanks for any information.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Gary Flye
> > Charlotte, North Carolina
> >
> > http://home.carolina.rr.com/winemaking/

> Alexanders is not high quality from my experience. I have used them
> from time to help fruit wines.
> Tim

Rob

While I've never made any wine from their concentrates, I've made a
couple of wines from their sterile-juice brance, called "Home Wine".
Based on the results from that, I'd agree with Tim.

Rob

www.ttdown.com

I believe I have seen a Cellar Craft Kit that is Orange Muscat. You
can look at cellarcraftwine.com to see for sure.

www.ttdown.com

Concentrates Al Davis Winemaking 8 25-11-2004 12:18 AM
100% juice concentrates in Canada A.J. Rawls Winemaking 2 21-05-2004 02:14 AM
100% juice concentrates in Canada pontiacgagt Winemaking 0 20-05-2004 01:34 PM
frozen concentrates Dar V Winemaking 4 19-05-2004 03:16 AM
results from other frozen 100% concentrates A.J. Rawls Winemaking 0 04-10-2003 02:52 AM