Dr. Richard E. Hawkins

Default update: Ziegler's cider lack of fermentation

In article >,
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins > wrote:

>One of my students reported to me that WalMart had cider with no
>preservatives. My wife picked one up, and the label makes no mention of
>them. It clames "100% apple." (but I've seen that in ones that also
>claim preservatives before).
>
>I put a yeast-tube full of Reisling that started fermenting on Sunday
>into it, and an airlock. If it takes off, I'll buy several more.

As of this morning (one day), still no sign of fermentation.

Hmm, is there an easy way to test for the presence of potassium sorbate?
hawk
--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics /"\ ASCII ribbon campaign
111 Hiller (814) 375-4846 \ / against HTML mail