Joe Sallustio

Default Corroded corks

Is this inside or outside the bottle? It sounds like they are
leakers, are you losing wine? If you can't squeeze the cork a bit
when you buy them, don't buy them. Ram type corkers can leave a
groove that causes leaks, especially on hard corks.

Joe

(Greenman) wrote in message . com>...
> I just noticed that some of my bottles have a line of corrosion down
> the cork. How bad will this affect the wine?
>
> As for corks....what to use for standard bottles? I have a handheld
> cork press and the cheaper grade corks only seem to work in that; but
> these are the corks that are corroding. Any suggestions?

Joe Sallustio

Is this inside or outside the bottle? It sounds like they are
leakers, are you losing wine? If you can't squeeze the cork a bit
when you buy them, don't buy them. Ram type corkers can leave a
groove that causes leaks, especially on hard corks.

Joe

(Greenman) wrote in message . com>...
> I just noticed that some of my bottles have a line of corrosion down
> the cork. How bad will this affect the wine?
>
> As for corks....what to use for standard bottles? I have a handheld
> cork press and the cheaper grade corks only seem to work in that; but
> these are the corks that are corroding. Any suggestions?

Greenman

They are not leadking - but you can notice a line down the side of the
cork. Either slowly coming out or bateria coming in. (?)

I'm not sure of the grade cork I used - but they are the softer type.
Greenman

They are not leadking - but you can notice a line down the side of the
cork. Either slowly coming out or bateria coming in. (?)

I'm not sure of the grade cork I used - but they are the softer type.
Greenman

They are not leadking - but you can notice a line down the side of the
cork. Either slowly coming out or bateria coming in. (?)

I'm not sure of the grade cork I used - but they are the softer type.

Ray Calvert

Sounds to me like you may be using a cheap corker and it is scratching the
corks or damaging them in some way.

Ray

"Greenman" > wrote in message
om...
>I just noticed that some of my bottles have a line of corrosion down
> the cork. How bad will this affect the wine?
>
> As for corks....what to use for standard bottles? I have a handheld
> cork press and the cheaper grade corks only seem to work in that; but
> these are the corks that are corroding. Any suggestions?

Henrique Ribeiro

Hi,

If you have problems with the corks you are using or if you want some more
information about corks, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Henrique Ribeiro
www.granotec.pt
www.jfs.pt

"Ray Calvert" > wrote in message
. com...
> Sounds to me like you may be using a cheap corker and it is scratching the
> corks or damaging them in some way.
>
> Ray
>
> "Greenman" > wrote in message
> om...
>>I just noticed that some of my bottles have a line of corrosion down
>> the cork. How bad will this affect the wine?
>>
>> As for corks....what to use for standard bottles? I have a handheld
>> cork press and the cheaper grade corks only seem to work in that; but
>> these are the corks that are corroding. Any suggestions?

Henrique Ribeiro