Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Oranges To Wine

I have an orange tree full of oranges. But in the San Francisco bay area it
never gets hot enough for long enough for them to get sweet. Is it still
possible to make wine from them?

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Jan 29, 6:21*pm, "Tom Kunich" > wrote:
> I have an orange tree full of oranges. But in the San Francisco bay area it
> never gets hot enough for long enough for them to get sweet. Is it still
> possible to make wine from them?

I expect you can get it to work. Use Jack Keller's 1 gal. recipes
linked below as a starter, and measure the Specific Gravity/Brix of
the must to determine if any additional sugar is needed.
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/reques33.asp
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Tom Kunich" > wrote in message
m...
>I have an orange tree full of oranges. But in the San Francisco bay area it
>never gets hot enough for long enough for them to get sweet. Is it still
>possible to make wine from them?

You might think about using your oranges to make the Italian arancello,
a very nice digestive. Here is a link to a recipe:
http://tinyurl.com/6jh98cy

Neil

I just ate three oranges John Kuthe[_2_] General Cooking 18 15-02-2010 05:37 PM
Valencia oranges:. max General Cooking 0 11-04-2009 11:01 AM
Pineapple oranges. max General Cooking 0 11-04-2009 11:01 AM
oranges werwiniskp Baking 0 27-03-2009 06:53 AM
oranges & lemons Hayabusa General Cooking 24 29-01-2006 07:24 PM