FamilySailor

Default Sweet Lemon Tea Wine

Well, I conjured up a recipe for "Sweet Lemon Tea" Wine. It was VERY hard to
get fermenting, but it seems to be doing pretty good now. I just tinker with
1 gallon recipes.

Here is my recipe for input:
Brewed 40 tea bags in 3 quarts of water
Pealed the yellow off of 4 LARGE lemons, added it to the tea and squeezed
the lemons into it also
Chopped 1 cup of white raisin and added it.
Added 2 lb. of sugar.

I put it all in a small plastic bucket and added water until it was a little
over a gallon.
Once it cooled to room temp. I added the yeast.

I think this wine will give new meaning to the term "Tea Sipper" ;-)

Sea Yawl,
FamilySailor (aka John)

Joe

>>I have a tea wine ready to bottle soon, made from a mixture of Pu-Erh
>>and Lapsang Souchong. One is very earthy, the other is smoky, so I'm
>>going to call this one scorched earth wine. In spite of that name, I'm
>>expecting it to be very mellow.
>>

> I love lapsang souchong as a drink, can't see it working as a wine
> though. Unless it looses its woody, smoked flavour a bit. Let us know
> how it turns out. Might try a green jasmine tea wine one day.

I too have doubts about how it will work as a wine. But tea wine
is so easy to make, I figured I'd give it a try. Now a jasmine
tea wine sounds like a winner.

--
Joe
http://www.joekaz.net/

Lemon Wine? Tom Kunich Winemaking 10 31-01-2013 01:32 PM
Sweet Potatoes With Lemon Kathy[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 26-06-2008 03:29 AM
Sweet Lemon Syrup Sharon[_3_] Recipes (moderated) 0 26-04-2007 02:10 PM
Lemon wine, take 2 Adam Preble Winemaking 2 07-02-2007 05:43 AM
Sweet Lemon Chicken Tim Recipes 0 03-09-2005 05:17 PM