Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Lemon Wine?

I have a lemon tree full of lemons. I wonder what lemon wine would taste
like?

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On 2011-09-06, Tom Kunich > wrote:
> I have a lemon tree full of lemons. I wonder what lemon wine would taste
> like?

Either very sour or very weak.

I made a batch when I was 16. Couldn't drink it, neither my friends.

seismo malm
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Tom Kunich" > wrote in message
m...
>I have a lemon tree full of lemons. I wonder what lemon wine would taste
>like?

Try Mike's Hard Lemonade

http://www.mikeshard.com/age-gate.php

Robert

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Sep 6, 3:57*pm, "Tom Kunich" > wrote:
> I have a lemon tree full of lemons. I wonder what lemon wine would taste
> like?

Here are Jack Keller's lemon wine recipes.
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/reques48.asp

He has something called "Skeeter Pee" that he says is really good
toward the bottom of this Wine Blog archive page.
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/wineblog16.asp
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Tom Kunich" > wrote in message
m...
>I have a lemon tree full of lemons. I wonder what lemon wine would taste
>like?

http://skeeterpee.com/

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kunich View Post
I have a lemon tree full of lemons. I wonder what lemon wine would taste
like?
Here's a recipe for your lemons. Should taste ok.

You need:
6 medium sized lemons
1/2 lb raisins (225g)
4 lbs sugar (1.8kg)
1 oz dried yeast (30g)
1 gallon of water (4 litres)
(eight or even ten lemons may be used if a stronger taste required)

Method:
Grate all lemons and put them aside. Halve the lemons and squeeze the juice into one gallon of boiling water.
When the water boils again, cut off the heat at once. Pour the hot liquid over the sugar and stir until all the sugar is dissolved.
Cut up the raisins and add these to the liquid. Then add the lemon rind and allow the brew to cool. Sprinkle the yeast on top and stir in. Cover and ferment for 14 days after which you strain and bottle. Leave it for one to three months and enjoy.

Credits: Lyn Cook
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"CalgaryLiqorDlv" > wrote in
message ...

> Tom Kunich;1658276 Wrote:
>> I have a lemon tree full of lemons. I wonder what lemon wine would taste
>>
>> like?

> Here's a recipe for your lemons. Should taste ok.
>
> You need:
> 6 medium sized lemons
> 1/2 lb raisins (225g)
> 4 lbs sugar (1.8kg)
> 1 oz dried yeast (30g)
> 1 gallon of water (4 litres)
> (eight or even ten lemons may be used if a stronger taste required)
>
> Method:
> Grate all lemons and put them aside. Halve the lemons and squeeze the
> juice into one gallon of boiling water.
> When the water boils again, cut off the heat at once. Pour the hot
> liquid over the sugar and stir until all the sugar is dissolved.
> Cut up the raisins and add these to the liquid. Then add the lemon rind
> and allow the brew to cool. Sprinkle the yeast on top and stir in. Cover
> and ferment for 14 days after which you strain and bottle. Leave it for
> one to three months and enjoy.
>
> Credits: Lyn Cook

Wowser - thanks for that recipe.

Member

Pleasure

Last edited by CalgaryLiqorDlv : 25-10-2011 at 02:04 PM
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

CalgaryLiqorDlv >:

>Cover and ferment for 14 days

At which temperature?

P.S.
Hello everyone, first time posting here.

--
Ciao, | R: Perche' incasina l'ordine con cui si legge un messaggio
Speck | D: Perche' quotare sotto da' cosi' fastidio?
| R: Quotare sotto.
| D: Qual e' la cosa piu' seccante su usenet e in e-mail?
Member

Location: Missouri
Send a message via Yahoo to CrazyMadVintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck View Post

Standard is between 68 to 74 degrees F I believe.

Member

Location: Missouri
Send a message via Yahoo to CrazyMadVintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryLiqorDlv View Post
[...]

Here this recipe they are using the raisins as a nutrient for the yeast. This is technically a fruity Straw Wine.

If you do not want that raisin flavor I would recommend adding Calcium Carbonate to the mix to bring down the acidity so it provides a better environment for the yeast to thrive in.