Corey Smith

Default Elderberry Wine

I just checked the pa of my must before moving it from the primary
into the secondary, but the pa is a 1.00 from a 1.09 - is there enough
sugar in this to ferment out?
Jack Keller

Corey, a couple of comments. You are using the term "pa" (Potential
Alcohol, or PA) but using numbers for Specific Gravity (s.g.). When
citing s.g., you need to cite three digits past the decimal point
(i.e. 1.000, 1.090). Having said that, if both you numbers were
followed by a zero (0), the wine is almost finished fermenting.
Transfer it to secondary and let it finish under airlock. For a few
pointers on transferring it, racking and finishing it, go to
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/basics.asp and click on the links to
the various steps in winemaking.

Good luck and may God bless you and your yeast....

Jack Keller, The Winemaking Home Page
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/

Corey Smith

You know...I didnt even realize I said that. LOL Thanks for the pointers, Jack!
Corey Smith

You know...I didnt even realize I said that. LOL Thanks for the pointers, Jack!

Elderberry Wine Steven Wine 3 06-01-2007 03:29 PM
Oversweetened Elderberry wine BigBadM Winemaking 6 25-11-2005 03:55 AM
Oak Elderberry Wine? spud Winemaking 5 30-10-2005 05:47 PM
Elderberry wine? evilpaul13 Winemaking 12 08-09-2004 04:03 PM
Looking for Elderberry wine information. Pete Winemaking 0 28-06-2004 04:19 PM