james

Default Blueberry count?

Can someone tell me how many pounds there are in a gallon of blueberrys?
K.J.Kristiansen

The size and water content of blueberry is very variable. And so does
the berries count per pound.

MikeMTM > wrote in message > ...
> james wrote:
>
> > Can someone tell me how many pounds there are in a gallon of blueberrys?

> 6# blueberries per gallon; I just weighed a pint (12 oz).

K.J.Kristiansen

Sorry if I come on a bit strong here, but I gave a very good answer,
even addressing your point, and still seem to be the only one to help
the guy out.

I think your elaboration in the last answer you gave was much better
Mike. The first one did not point to any of the uncertainties you have
now discussed. I think you helped him a lot.

MikeMTM > wrote in message >...
> K.J.Kristiansen wrote:
>
> > The size and water content of blueberry is very variable. And so does
> > the berries count per pound.
> >

> K J,
>
> I'm sure the OP knows that. He was looking for a number to work with,
> not more uncertainty.
> The value of 6lbs/gal is a measured quantity and, as written, carries an
> implied uncertainty of +/- 0.5lbs. I actually gave a _range_ of weights
> from 5.5lbs to 6.5lbs, and that should cover any likely variability. If
> the value given were something like 6.000, it would have been a
> different matter, and your point would have been appropriate.
> BTW, the 6lbs/gal figure actually came from a Google search on
> commercial blueeberry sales; I only verified it with a quick check of a
> single pint.
> Sorry if I come on a bit strong here, but I gave a very good answer,
> even addressing your point, and still seem to be the only one to help
> the guy out. Any one else have a number?

Steve Thompson

FWIW, I just picked BB's and ended up with 10.5# in a 2 gallon bucket. I
think 5 to 6# /gallon is a reasonable estimate.

"MikeMTM" > wrote in message
. ..
> K.J.Kristiansen wrote:
>
> > The size and water content of blueberry is very variable. And so does
> > the berries count per pound.
> >

> K J,
>
> I'm sure the OP knows that. He was looking for a number to work with,
> not more uncertainty.
> The value of 6lbs/gal is a measured quantity and, as written, carries an
> implied uncertainty of +/- 0.5lbs. I actually gave a _range_ of weights
> from 5.5lbs to 6.5lbs, and that should cover any likely variability. If
> the value given were something like 6.000, it would have been a
> different matter, and your point would have been appropriate.
> BTW, the 6lbs/gal figure actually came from a Google search on
> commercial blueeberry sales; I only verified it with a quick check of a
> single pint.
> Sorry if I come on a bit strong here, but I gave a very good answer,
> even addressing your point, and still seem to be the only one to help
> the guy out. Any one else have a number?
> --
>

> Mike MTM, Cokesbury, New Jersey, USA

Weez

you mean 2 gallon bucket right?
Louise)

"Rick Vanderwal" > wrote in message
> yesterday I picked, blue crop, big and plump, got about 13 lbs in a 2 lb
> bucket....
> just fyi
> Rick
>

> "Steve Thompson" > wrote in message
> > FWIW, I just picked BB's and ended up with 10.5# in a 2 gallon bucket. I
> > think 5 to 6# /gallon is a reasonable estimate.
> >

> > "MikeMTM" > wrote in message
> > . ..

does

> > > K J,
> > >
> > > I'm sure the OP knows that. He was looking for a number to work with,
> > > not more uncertainty.
> > > The value of 6lbs/gal is a measured quantity and, as written, carries

an
> > > implied uncertainty of +/- 0.5lbs. I actually gave a _range_ of

weights
> > > from 5.5lbs to 6.5lbs, and that should cover any likely variability.

If
> > > the value given were something like 6.000, it would have been a
> > > different matter, and your point would have been appropriate.
> > > BTW, the 6lbs/gal figure actually came from a Google search on
> > > commercial blueeberry sales; I only verified it with a quick check of

> > > single pint.
> > > Sorry if I come on a bit strong here, but I gave a very good answer,
> > > even addressing your point, and still seem to be the only one to help
> > > the guy out. Any one else have a number?
> > > --
> > >

> > > Mike MTM, Cokesbury, New Jersey, USA

Rick Vanderwal

yeah, what I meant, not what I said!! :-)

Thanks.
Rick