Default Cork Sizes?

Does anyone have a chart or something that I can look at to see what
number cork goes in what sized bottle? I have been collecting wine
bottles over the last few months, I cleaned them all up and did some
measuring and noticed that there is 3 main sizes (there was a few odd
ones that had HUGE tops, and one that had a really small top)

Thanks!
~Brian
Dar V

I don't know, but maybe someone else will. These are just my
observations...if the bottle opening is 3/4 inch wide, then use a #9 cork.
If it is smaller, then use a #8 cork. I don't work with any other sizes.
Corks can dry out, so I try very hard to keep only those size bottles to
match the corks I have. Good-luck!
Darlene

> wrote in message news:vVRKc.56943$Mr4.7011@pd7tw1no...
> Does anyone have a chart or something that I can look at to see what
> number cork goes in what sized bottle? I have been collecting wine
> bottles over the last few months, I cleaned them all up and did some
> measuring and noticed that there is 3 main sizes (there was a few odd
> ones that had HUGE tops, and one that had a really small top)
>
> Thanks!
> ~Brian

Dar V

I don't know, but maybe someone else will. These are just my
observations...if the bottle opening is 3/4 inch wide, then use a #9 cork.
If it is smaller, then use a #8 cork. I don't work with any other sizes.
Corks can dry out, so I try very hard to keep only those size bottles to
match the corks I have. Good-luck!
Darlene

> wrote in message news:vVRKc.56943$Mr4.7011@pd7tw1no...
> Does anyone have a chart or something that I can look at to see what
> number cork goes in what sized bottle? I have been collecting wine
> bottles over the last few months, I cleaned them all up and did some
> measuring and noticed that there is 3 main sizes (there was a few odd
> ones that had HUGE tops, and one that had a really small top)
>
> Thanks!
> ~Brian

Robert Grierson

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 23:13:22 GMT, "Dar V" > wrote:

>I don't know, but maybe someone else will. These are just my
>observations...if the bottle opening is 3/4 inch wide, then use a #9 cork.
>If it is smaller, then use a #8 cork. I don't work with any other sizes.
>Corks can dry out, so I try very hard to keep only those size bottles to
>match the corks I have. Good-luck!
>Darlene
>
> wrote in message news:vVRKc.56943$Mr4.7011@pd7tw1no...
>> Does anyone have a chart or something that I can look at to see what
>> number cork goes in what sized bottle? I have been collecting wine
>> bottles over the last few months, I cleaned them all up and did some
>> measuring and noticed that there is 3 main sizes (there was a few odd
>> ones that had HUGE tops, and one that had a really small top)
>>
>> Thanks!
>> ~Brian

I use only #9 and discard bottles that I dont think are appropriate.
Empty wine bottles are not hard to accumulate.
The only variation that I make is to use 1 1/2 long with half bottles
and 1 3/4 with full. I bottle a lot of 1/2 bottles for my own use and
the fulls tend to get used later.
Robert Grierson

can sizes Jean B.[_1_] Historic 0 17-08-2007 06:35 PM
cork sizes Jack Winemaking 1 05-11-2006 02:53 AM
can sizes Jean B. Historic 2 29-08-2006 03:03 AM
Can Sizes Jean B. General Cooking 1 16-05-2006 02:36 AM
egg sizes / different uses? JLove98905 General Cooking 11 12-04-2004 11:30 PM