Karl Hunt

Default Chemicals - quantities

I have a question about chemicals, I work in a food factory so I have access
to alot of chemicals i already have
citric acid
malic acid
tartaric acid
potasium sorbate
and sodium saccharin

my question is whenever I see something about sweetening wine it says add
one saccharin tablet but precisely how much is in one tablet? And the same
goes for the pot sorb how much would be needed to stop a fermentation. I
have about a kilo of each :-). They wont miss it they have several tonnes.

Don S

> my question is whenever I see something about sweetening wine it says add
> one saccharin tablet

I have heard of people using saccharin to sweeten wine but
I think that most people here would not use it for that.
Instead they would use sugar or grape juice and potassium
sorbate since the sorbate has less of a noticeable affect
and the saccharin has a definite taste. Can't help you with
the quantities.

Don
Karl Hunt

aha so i just add sugar then some pot sorb, what form does pot sorb come in
in retail?
om...