Magonzo

Default First Wine I Ever Made

I just started making my own wine, and already, I have found the perfect
recipe for the greatest wine ever. Just dig it.
I put a bunch of mandarin oranges, pineapples, a bunch of sugar, and some
orange juice into a container, and let it sit. No special container, just
slightly open for venting. And all I did was leave it, nothing special at
all. And it tastes great, ridiculously great. Dig it.

Bill McCarty

Magonzo wrote in message ...
>I just started making my own wine, and already, I have found the

perfect
And all I did was leave it, nothing special at
>all. And it tastes great, ridiculously great. Dig it.

Ridiculously great compared to what ?

Don S

> Dig it.

Far out.

Don
Brian Lundeen

Oww... oww... somebody get this hook out of my cheek! ;-)

Brian

"Magonzo" > wrote in message
news
> I just started making my own wine, and already, I have found the perfect
> recipe for the greatest wine ever. Just dig it.
> I put a bunch of mandarin oranges, pineapples, a bunch of sugar, and some
> orange juice into a container, and let it sit. No special container, just
> slightly open for venting. And all I did was leave it, nothing special at
> all. And it tastes great, ridiculously great. Dig it.

Ray

I had some orange juice go that route last year. It did not taste
ridiculously great -- just ridiculous. I did not dig it, I chunked it.

Ray

"Magonzo" > wrote in message
news
> I just started making my own wine, and already, I have found the perfect
> recipe for the greatest wine ever. Just dig it.
> I put a bunch of mandarin oranges, pineapples, a bunch of sugar, and some
> orange juice into a container, and let it sit. No special container, just
> slightly open for venting. And all I did was leave it, nothing special at
> all. And it tastes great, ridiculously great. Dig it.

Karl Hunt

I am working my way up I have made a wine kit and 3 beers and a peach snapps
now I have bought some pure grapejuice in cartons from the supermarket that
is brewing at the moment, I suppose the next step is fresh fruit. Can I use
any grapes? Im not really a fan of fruity wines i preferr dry white or
medium, like chardonay, wheres the beast place to get grapes from and where
can i find grape wine recipes all my recipes are mostly fruit.
"Ray" > wrote in message
om...
> I had some orange juice go that route last year. It did not taste
> ridiculously great -- just ridiculous. I did not dig it, I chunked it.
>
> Ray
>
> "Magonzo" > wrote in message
> news
> > I just started making my own wine, and already, I have found the perfect
> > recipe for the greatest wine ever. Just dig it.
> > I put a bunch of mandarin oranges, pineapples, a bunch of sugar, and

some
> > orange juice into a container, and let it sit. No special container,

just
> > slightly open for venting. And all I did was leave it, nothing special

at
> > all. And it tastes great, ridiculously great. Dig it.

John Q. Lurker

When you get out of the slammer, try a Valpolicella. I dig it, and I saved
my bread for the pasta.

JQL

"Ray" > wrote in message
om...
> I had some orange juice go that route last year. It did not taste
> ridiculously great -- just ridiculous. I did not dig it, I chunked it.
>
> Ray
>
> "Magonzo" > wrote in message
> news
> > I just started making my own wine, and already, I have found the perfect
> > recipe for the greatest wine ever. Just dig it.
> > I put a bunch of mandarin oranges, pineapples, a bunch of sugar, and

some
> > orange juice into a container, and let it sit. No special container,

just
> > slightly open for venting. And all I did was leave it, nothing special

at
> > all. And it tastes great, ridiculously great. Dig it.

Kevin

"Ray" > wrote in message . com>...
> I had some orange juice go that route last year. It did not taste
> ridiculously great -- just ridiculous. I did not dig it, I chunked it.
>
> Ray
>
> "Magonzo" > wrote in message
> news
> > I just started making my own wine, and already, I have found the perfect
> > recipe for the greatest wine ever. Just dig it.
> > I put a bunch of mandarin oranges, pineapples, a bunch of sugar, and some
> > orange juice into a container, and let it sit. No special container, just
> > slightly open for venting. And all I did was leave it, nothing special at
> > all. And it tastes great, ridiculously great. Dig it.

Do not feed the trolls!!!
Ray

Karl,

I have had some grapefruit wines that turned out to be excellent dry whites.
I think you are moving in the right direction there.

Unlike other fruit wines, grape wines are not made so much by recipe as by
process. There are a number of books that talk about the process. I
initially learned from Cox "From Vines to Wines" but after getting the basic
process down I learned even more from this news group. (Thanks everybody.)

Ray