Ben Rotter

Default Tasted these Canadian commercial fruit wines?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has tried any of the following Canadian
commercial fruit wines:

Sunny Brook Farm Winery - anything
Birtch Farms & Estate Winery - anything
Quai du Vin Estate Winery - Rhubarb
Magnotta Winery - "Blueberry Blue", "Cranberry Hill"
Joseph's Estate Wines - Pear, Peach

Any comments much appreciated.

Ben
Charles H

Ben Rotter wrote:

> Sunny Brook Farm Winery - anything

It's been a couple years, but I tried their "framboise" wine... it was a
sweet raspberry dessert wine. To be honest, I don't recall much, but it
was full of raspberry flavour and had enough body for a dessert wine.

Although it's not on your list, Konzelmann makes a nice peach wine, a
bit on the sweet side, but it's a lighter wine with fresh peach aromas
and light body and colour. HTH

--
charles

"Once ... in the wilds of Afghanistan, I lost my corkscrew, and we were
forced to live on nothing but food and water for days."
- W.C. Fields
Ben Rotter

Thanks Charles.

If you (or anyone else) can recommend any other interesting Canadian
fruit wines to try I'd be interested to hear. I'd prefer drier than
sweeter, but am open to anything.

Ben

> > Sunny Brook Farm Winery - anything

> It's been a couple years, but I tried their "framboise" wine... it was a
> sweet raspberry dessert wine. To be honest, I don't recall much, but it
> was full of raspberry flavour and had enough body for a dessert wine.
>
> Although it's not on your list, Konzelmann makes a nice peach wine, a
> bit on the sweet side, but it's a lighter wine with fresh peach aromas
> and light body and colour. HTH

Dave Gimbel

Rubarb Wine from Hernder is outstanding. so is Stoney Ridge Cranberry.
"Ben Rotter" > wrote in message
om...
> Thanks Charles.
>
> If you (or anyone else) can recommend any other interesting Canadian
> fruit wines to try I'd be interested to hear. I'd prefer drier than
> sweeter, but am open to anything.
>
> Ben
>
> > > Sunny Brook Farm Winery - anything

> > It's been a couple years, but I tried their "framboise" wine... it was a
> > sweet raspberry dessert wine. To be honest, I don't recall much, but it
> > was full of raspberry flavour and had enough body for a dessert wine.
> >
> > Although it's not on your list, Konzelmann makes a nice peach wine, a
> > bit on the sweet side, but it's a lighter wine with fresh peach aromas
> > and light body and colour. HTH

Charles H

Ben Rotter wrote:

> Thanks Charles.
>
> If you (or anyone else) can recommend any other interesting Canadian
> fruit wines to try I'd be interested to hear. I'd prefer drier than
> sweeter, but am open to anything.

Sure, the other winery that came to mind after posting was Cox Creek
Cellars <http://www.coxcreekcellars.on.ca/> My favourite wine of theirs
is the "Back Home" blackcurrant wine. The also make a chesnut aged Pinot
Noir that is interesting.

--
charles

"Once ... in the wilds of Afghanistan, I lost my corkscrew, and we were
forced to live on nothing but food and water for days."
- W.C. Fields

Do not like spam

Tried Soutbrook Farms " Cassis:---did not really enjoy it much.. Tasted like
Ribena to me. Served as an after dinner drink with Chocolate fondue and
fruit..everyone at the table said they would have preferred port, cream sherry
or.....

I have a bottle at home of Sunnybrook Farm Spiced Apple which I plan on trying
in next 2 weeks. Will report back..description on bottle says serve with ham
or bbq pork, slightly chilled or warm in a mug for evening beverage....

>just wondering if anyone has tried any of the following Canadian
>commercial fruit wines:
>
>Sunny Brook Farm Winery - anything
>Birtch Farms & Estate Winery - anything
>Quai du Vin Estate Winery - Rhubarb
>Magnotta Winery - "Blueberry Blue", "Cranberry Hill"
>Joseph's Estate Wines - Pear, Peach
>
>Any comments much appreciated.

John D. Misrahi

There is a winery in Newfoundland...they do fruit wines..I think its called
Rodrigues..I brought back a couple of bottles when I visited a couple of
years ago..they were pretty good.
I don't know if they are available elsewhere though. Things like strawberry,
blueberry, partridgeberry, etc

john

Do not like spam wrote in message
>Tried Soutbrook Farms " Cassis:---did not really enjoy it much.. Tasted

like
>Ribena to me. Served as an after dinner drink with Chocolate fondue and
>fruit..everyone at the table said they would have preferred port, cream

sherry
>or.....
>
>I have a bottle at home of Sunnybrook Farm Spiced Apple which I plan on

trying
>in next 2 weeks. Will report back..description on bottle says serve with

ham
>or bbq pork, slightly chilled or warm in a mug for evening beverage....
>

>>just wondering if anyone has tried any of the following Canadian
>>commercial fruit wines:
>>
>>Sunny Brook Farm Winery - anything
>>Birtch Farms & Estate Winery - anything
>>Quai du Vin Estate Winery - Rhubarb
>>Magnotta Winery - "Blueberry Blue", "Cranberry Hill"
>>Joseph's Estate Wines - Pear, Peach
>>
>>Any comments much appreciated.

Charles H

John D. Misrahi wrote:

> There is a winery in Newfoundland...they do fruit wines..I think its called
> Rodrigues..I brought back a couple of bottles when I visited a couple of
> years ago..they were pretty good.
> I don't know if they are available elsewhere though. Things like strawberry,
> blueberry, partridgeberry, etc

I didn't particularly enjoy the blueberry wine, but it wasn't tasted
under ideal circumstances, so I haven't ruled it out completely.

--
charles

"Once ... in the wilds of Afghanistan, I lost my corkscrew, and we were
forced to live on nothing but food and water for days."
- W.C. Fields
Dar V

I think there are more places around than we know. There's a winery in
Three Lakes, Wisconsin, they do all fruit wines as well. I've tried a few -
especially liked their plum.
Darlene

news