glad heart

Default bag of elderflowers broke in must

Making a kit wine. The bag of elderflowers is to be removed when
racking off the primary, but now I have elderflowers everywhere in the
must.

Any thoughts on how to remove a thousand little specks? Any problem
in carrying some of it over into secondary?

TIA, Jim
Irene

Wrap the inlet end of the siphon with a couple of layers of brand new
pantyhose. Anything that makes it past that will not hurt in the
secondary, and will come out fine in the clarification.--Irene

(glad heart) wrote in message om>...
> Making a kit wine. The bag of elderflowers is to be removed when
> racking off the primary, but now I have elderflowers everywhere in the
> must.
>
> Any thoughts on how to remove a thousand little specks? Any problem
> in carrying some of it over into secondary?
>
> TIA, Jim

Ray

Don't worry about a bit of solids getting into secondary. When fermentation
ends they will drop out pretty quickly. Then rack off of them. Now I will
qualify this. I have done it this way with other things but not flower
peddles. I don't see why they would be different. Anyway this is the way I
would do it.

Ray

"glad heart" > wrote in message
m...
> Making a kit wine. The bag of elderflowers is to be removed when
> racking off the primary, but now I have elderflowers everywhere in the
> must.
>
> Any thoughts on how to remove a thousand little specks? Any problem
> in carrying some of it over into secondary?
>
> TIA, Jim

glad heart

Thanks all. I put the racking tube into a straining bag and kept the
top of the bag from falling into the must. Worked perfectly. Strikes
me as a simple way to keep the tube from clogging anytime you rack
with floaties.