Arne Thormodsen

Default (Potential) winery for sale just south of Corvallis OR

I've no interest in this property, I'm doing this as a favor to a friend of
the owner.

66 acres, 10 acres of vinyards >10 years old (unsure of varieties). 2,200
sq foot home with 4000 sq foot of "finished basement" that currently is used
as a small winery (Bellfountain Wines) that uses their own grapes and other
purchased locally. The property and home are currently on the market for
$499,900, I've been told the winery equipment itself is separately
negotiable, providing it isn't sold before the property is. The label
itself is not for sale, when the owners depart so does it.

The listing is MLS #515492, Windermere Real Estate has it, but it doesn't
seem to be on their website yet.

I've been there for a couple of tastings and one crush, it's a lovely piece
of property and well structured for a small winemaker, with a tasting room,
an outdoor patio and a small parking lot below it. (They are also locally,
well, *very* locally, famous for their anonymous blend of various reds they
sold awhile back, only at the winery, under the name "Merde Rouge"... ;-)

--arne

P.S. - The info above is based partly on my recollections, so if it turrns
out I'm wrong on some particulars, sorry.