StarrFarms1

Default Bladder Press

I'm thinking of upgrading the old basket press with a bladder press.
I have one concern with them I was hoping you guys could answer for
me. Do these work when they are not full? Let's say you only crush
enough grapes to fill it half way. Wouldn't the bladder deform and
overinflate in the area of the press not filled with grapes? If it
does, is it a problem?
Thanks for any input
Thad
Clyde Gill

> I'm thinking of upgrading the old basket press with a bladder press.
> I have one concern with them I was hoping you guys could answer for
> me. Do these work when they are not full? Let's say you only crush
> enough grapes to fill it half way. Wouldn't the bladder deform and
> overinflate in the area of the press not filled with grapes? If it
> does, is it a problem?
> Thanks for any input
> Thad

Hi Thad,

I've only used horizontal basket presses, where partial loads are no
problem, but would think that if you partially inflate the bladder before
you load the press that you could solve the distribution problem.

I know there's others here that use vertical basket presses. Perhaps they
have some experienced input.

clyde

Herb Jacobson

Partially inflate the bladder before filling so that grapes fill the
remaining space.
"StarrFarms1" > wrote in message
om...
> I'm thinking of upgrading the old basket press with a bladder press.
> I have one concern with them I was hoping you guys could answer for
> me. Do these work when they are not full? Let's say you only crush
> enough grapes to fill it half way. Wouldn't the bladder deform and
> overinflate in the area of the press not filled with grapes? If it
> does, is it a problem?
> Thanks for any input
> Thad

Press technology - bladder still the best? Daniel Tortorici Winemaking 10 07-12-2004 10:35 PM
First time with the bladder press Brian Lundeen Winemaking 3 16-10-2004 11:14 PM
Bladder press seb Winemaking 14 13-08-2004 01:25 PM
More bladder press questions Brian Lundeen Winemaking 4 06-12-2003 04:23 PM
Bladder press Brian Lundeen Winemaking 37 23-11-2003 10:23 PM