Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Reisling Juice

I went to make a Pyment this evening. The Reisling juice had an
OG of 1.022. I was expecting something much much higher as in
the range of 1.050 to 1.090.

Does 1.022 seem right to you or were my expectations high?

I am a Mead guy and this is my first Pyment.

Dick
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Dick Adams wrote:

> I went to make a Pyment this evening. The Reisling juice had an
> OG of 1.022. I was expecting something much much higher as in
> the range of 1.050 to 1.090.
>
> Does 1.022 seem right to you or were my expectations high?
>
> I am a Mead guy and this is my first Pyment.
>
> Dick

MUCH to low. Are you sure of the reading? If it is really this low, perhaps
the juice has already partially fermented. What is the source of your
grapes or juice?

Clearing a Reisling Andrew Winemaking 8 15-11-2006 10:15 PM
Reisling Help Kiva Winemaking 27 07-01-2005 09:46 PM
Reisling Help Kiva Winemaking 0 03-01-2005 02:03 PM
Reisling kit question Michael E. Carey Winemaking 11 30-06-2004 04:57 PM
Riesling or reisling? NJDeMarco Wine 6 31-12-2003 01:21 PM