Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Where is...?

Hi Kids!

It's been a long time since I've hopped in this newsgroup. Starting
15 gallons of Chardonnay with a friend and thought I'd check in for
tips, info, and assistance (as needed).

It's nice to see familiar names and acquaintances still active, but
where is Tom S.? I don't see any posts by him. I see the other
familiar resident experts, but where is Tom?

Maybe I didn't dig deep enough in the posts and replies.

-Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Oct 14, 5:34*pm, "rec.crafts.winemaking"
> wrote:
> Hi Kids!
>
> It's been a long time since I've hopped in this newsgroup. *Starting
> 15 gallons of Chardonnay with a friend and thought I'd check in for
> tips, info, and assistance (as needed).
>
> It's nice to see familiar names and acquaintances still active, but
> where is Tom S.? *I don't see any posts by him. *I see the other
> familiar resident experts, but where is Tom?
>
> Maybe I didn't dig deep enough in the posts and replies.
>
> -Paul

He is alive and well, he just doesn't post here much anymore. Usenet
in general has fallen off and this group is no exception. He
answered a whole lot of questions on Chardonnay so the archive are a
good place to start.

Joe
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Oct 18, 6:40*am, Joe Sallustio > wrote:
> On Oct 14, 5:34*pm, "rec.crafts.winemaking"
>
> > wrote:
> > Hi Kids!

> > It's been a long time since I've hopped in this newsgroup. *Starting
> > 15 gallons of Chardonnay with a friend and thought I'd check in for
> > tips, info, and assistance (as needed).

> > It's nice to see familiar names and acquaintances still active, but
> > where is Tom S.? *I don't see any posts by him. *I see the other
> > familiar resident experts, but where is Tom?

> > Maybe I didn't dig deep enough in the posts and replies.

> > -Paul

> He is alive and well, he just doesn't post here much anymore. *Usenet
> in general has fallen off and this group is no exception. * He
> answered a whole lot of questions on Chardonnay so the archive are a
> good place to start.
>
> Joe

Can anyone suggest a better forum for discussing winemaking? I'm
finding the archives to be very valuable in this newsgroup, but an sad
to see usage as low as it is.

Where does everyone go to chat and talk shop and discuss their
winemaking skills and styles?

-Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

> Where does everyone go to chat and talk shop and discuss their
> winemaking skills and styles?
>
> -Paul

Paul -
I think most of the traffic has gone to http:/www.winepress.us.
It is privately run, but pretty much open to anyone. It is moderated,
so you avoid the spamming and wandering trolls that sometimes infest
usenet groups.

Doug
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Oct 21, 2:49*pm, Doug > wrote:
> > Where does everyone go to chat and talk shop and discuss their
> > winemaking skills and styles?

> > -Paul

> Paul -
> * * I think most of the traffic has gone to http:/www.winepress.us.
> It is privately run, but pretty much open to anyone. *It is moderated,
> so you avoid the spamming and wandering trolls that sometimes infest
> usenet groups.
>
> Doug

I struck up a conversation during this season's crush at a local
winery with"Kevin from PA". He confirmed your analysis Doug. Most
folks seem to have gone to winepress.

-"Wayne from Cleveland"

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:49:09 -0700 (PDT), Doug >
wrote:

>> Where does everyone go to chat and talk shop and discuss their
>> winemaking skills and styles?
>>
>> -Paul

>Paul -
> I think most of the traffic has gone to http:/www.winepress.us.
>It is privately run, but pretty much open to anyone. It is moderated,
>so you avoid the spamming and wandering trolls that sometimes infest
>usenet groups.
>
>Doug

Why can't I get on that site? Is the address correct?
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Oct 22, 3:23*pm, wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:49:09 -0700 (PDT), Doug >
> wrote:
>
> >> Where does everyone go to chat and talk shop and discuss their
> >> winemaking skills and styles?

> >> -Paul

> >Paul -
> > * *I think most of the traffic has gone to http:/www.winepress.us.
> >It is privately run, but pretty much open to anyone. *It is moderated,
> >so you avoid the spamming and wandering trolls that sometimes infest
> >usenet groups.

> >Doug

> *Why can't I get on that site? Is the address correct?

It's correct... I'm on it now!

-Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Oct 21, 10:13*am, "rec.crafts.winemaking"
> wrote:

> Where does everyone go to chat and talk shop and discuss their
> winemaking skills and styles?

There are some groups on Yahoo that deal with home winemaking. One is
here, and while it has been around a while under a different name, it
recently changed names to a more descriptive one:

It's free, moderated, and just picking up some speed. It was close to
inactive until the name change.

(Replies to my address are not routinely monitored. This is used
primarily for posting only.)