Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Crushing and Pressing Small Batches

Much of what I've made so far has been from concentrate, but when the
need has arisen to crush and press fruit I've ended up using an odd
assortment of kitchen utensils and food grade pails.

I'd like to invest in some tools designed for this purpose and I was
wondering what you all would suggest. I'm working primarily with 1 and
3 gallon batches at this point, so I don't need anything too large.

Thanks,

Greg

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Jan 11, 12:55*pm, wrote:
> Much of what I've made so far has been from concentrate, but when the
> need has arisen to crush and press fruit I've ended up using an odd
> assortment of kitchen utensils and food grade pails.
>
> I'd like to invest in some tools designed for this purpose and I was
> wondering what you all would suggest. I'm working primarily with 1 and
> 3 gallon batches at this point, so I don't need anything too large.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg

3 food grade pails.

Drill 1/8" holes all over the bottom and 1/3 of the way up the sides
of one.

Use one to catch, then the press basket and another on top to depress
the must.

Joe