Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default small batches of tea ?

ok

i got my order of 9 new teas from yunnan llc. i will post my tasting
later.

normally i brew tea in 8-10 ounce cups of 2.5 g
that would be alot of tea to ingest for all the teas i received.

as i am learning these new teas , i have brewed them like i used to
for puerh. 2.5 to 3g of tea in a 2oz or 60ml or so small cup, for 15
secs and then longer. adjusting time to taste.

now that i find i am doing this oolongs, greens and black teas. i
actually prefer the mini brew cups over the one big one, as i can
adjust the brews strength, based on the flavour i prefer

is this what you refer to as gong fu style ?

al jones
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

wrote:
> ok
>
> i got my order of 9 new teas from yunnan llc. i will post my tasting
> later.
>
> normally i brew tea in 8-10 ounce cups of 2.5 g
> that would be alot of tea to ingest for all the teas i received.
>
> as i am learning these new teas , i have brewed them like i used to
> for puerh. 2.5 to 3g of tea in a 2oz or 60ml or so small cup, for 15
> secs and then longer. adjusting time to taste.
>

> now that i find i am doing this oolongs, greens and black teas. i
> actually prefer the mini brew cups over the one big one, as i can
> adjust the brews strength, based on the flavour i prefer
>
> is this what you refer to as gong fu style ?
>
> al jones

I would say it's only gong-fu if it's a covered gaiwan and
real 100% proper gong-fu if it's a zisha pot. And there
should be enough leaf to fill 3/4 to full volume of the
pot, so that there's no space where cold air can get
in and cool down nearby leaves. But I only gong-fu
rarely so I could be wrong.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

GongFu is repeated infusions from a small pot in the 4oz range or
smaller poured into tiny tasting cups of 2 oz or smaller. Id say your
method will produce an approximate taste. I drink my teas off the top
in a 9oz doubled walled vacuum glass which looks like a half pumpkin
ie the leaves look like the seeds. Id say the effective volume is
6oz. I see gongfu as producing shots of tea.

Jim

PS Gongfu gone wild is an inhaler.