Posted to alt.food.wine
Tom Jones

Default TN: 2001 Sebastiani Sonoma Counyt Zinfandel

The wine was served with a beautiful Italian sausage, mushroom, and garlic
pizza...

Classic HUGE Zin nose that caught me way off guard since I only paid $8.99.
Very youthful upfront with firm tannins suggesting a good dose of Petite
Sirah with this one. Smooth blackberry fruit and chocolate FILLED my mouth
with a finish that lasted for minutes! The pizza may not have seemed like
the best match, but tonight it was right on! Easily one of the best finds I
have come across in years. I thought my string of disappointing Australians
and weak flabby Zinfandels would never end! This one ranks right up there
with the 1997 Gallo of Sonoma Cabernet for QPR. Two or three cases are
definitely in order!

BTW...After reviewing my notes it may appear that I have an interest in
Sebastiani, but quite honestly I'm just a happy wine lover that has finally
found a wine that reminded him of those glorious times in the 90's when
great wines under $10 could be found just about anywhere.

Sean