jcoulter

Default Passetoutgrains-Dale are you there

Dale wrote this last September.

Burgundy is Pinot Noir if red, Chardonnay if white. There are a few
exceptions (bourgogne passetoutgrains, bourgogne aligote, Gouges Nuits-St.
George, Sauvignon de St. Bris), but the rule will apply to 99.98% of
Burgundy you'll find in US.

Does this mean that passetoutgrains is not Pinot Noir, if so, what is it
(and if the answer is passetoutgrains, well so be it!)
--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

jcoulter

Steve Slatcher > wrote in
:

> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:13:14 -0500, jcoulter
> > wrote:
>
>>Does this mean that passetoutgrains is not Pinot Noir,

> It's at least 1/3 PN, the rest being Gamay. IIRC the grapes are
> fermented together.

wow! was that fast, thank you.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Steve Slatcher

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:13:14 -0500, jcoulter
> wrote:

>Does this mean that passetoutgrains is not Pinot Noir,

It's at least 1/3 PN, the rest being Gamay. IIRC the grapes are
fermented together.

--
Steve Slatcher
http://pobox.com/~steve.slatcher
DaleW

Passetoutgrains (or Passe-Tout-Grains, or Passetoutgrain!) is Pinot
Noir and Gamay. I think that there has to be at least 33% PN. If more
Gamay than that (or all Gamay) I think it can be marketed as Bourgogne
Grande Ordinaire (but one seldom sees that in US at least).
HTH!

DaleW

Oops, somehow missed that Steve (and Mike) had already answered!

Steve Slatcher

On 24 Jun 2005 13:11:26 -0700, "DaleW" > wrote:

>Passetoutgrains (or Passe-Tout-Grains, or Passetoutgrain!) is Pinot
>Noir and Gamay. I think that there has to be at least 33% PN. If more
>Gamay than that (or all Gamay) I think it can be marketed as Bourgogne
>Grande Ordinaire (but one seldom sees that in US at least).

Bourgogne Grand Ordinaire. That's right.

TN FAO Dale Williams JT Wine 1 13-09-2009 06:11 PM
TN: Dale goes aFrappatoing DaleW Wine 1 06-08-2007 02:50 PM
TN: Lafarge Passetoutgrains, Spy Valley SB DaleW Wine 1 15-04-2005 03:34 PM
TN: Chevillon Passetoutgrains & Castle Rock Merlot Dale Williams Wine 0 12-11-2003 02:41 PM
TN: A Passetoutgrains that impressed! Dale Williams Wine 3 28-10-2003 03:11 PM