Posted to alt.food.wine
JT JT is offline

Default TN FAO Dale Williams

Chateau Ducru-Beaucaillou (St Julien) 1998

with steak and kidney pie last night
classic claret, no age, wonderful ethereal nose of pencils and cassis, soft
entry, firm tannins, long and some spice...perfect with the pie

so looks the Barton 1998 was a duff bottle

John T

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 13, 6:27*am, "JT" > wrote:
> Chateau Ducru-Beaucaillou (St Julien) 1998
>
> with steak and kidney pie last night
> classic claret, no age, wonderful ethereal nose of pencils and cassis, soft
> entry, firm tannins, long and some spice...perfect with the pie
>
> so looks the Barton 1998 was a duff bottle
>
> John T

thanks John. I wasn't as much worried about the vintage in general as
opposed to mutterings about L-Barton style changes. The Ducru sounds
nice (as does the S&K pie!). We don't get many meat pies here. I think
the last time I had S&K was when NYCO did Sweeney Todd. Elaine Page
had a bunch of pies made up (with Mrs Lovett stamped in crust), gave
to orchestra. Betsy ended up with about 4, I ate them all.