Default Wine storage (refigeration units)

Thanks for your advice in advance. I currently have a wine collection
of about 200 bottles stored in a refrigeration type wine cabinet. I am
running out of room and need to purchase another one. This is where my
question comes in. I am not sure what kind of wine cabinet I should
buy b/c of my odd shaped bottles, they do not fit! I have many Joseph
Phelps (example), pinot's, and certain shirazes that will not fit in my
current cabinet. Right now I have to stack them up top near the
refrigeration's unit. This is very risky as they are not 100% stable
and could fall out. I am concerned that most racks within the cabinets
are built for your standard wine bottles. Anyone have experience with
various racks and can provide me with a suggestion?

Thanks,

Mark

mark wade

Thanks for the tip, I will check them out.

I just bought a Vinotemp and am unhappy with it. It's louder than my
dishwasher. Racking is horrible - any bottle even slightly larger that
a classic Bordeaux size causes problems and forces me to leave open
spots on shelves. Temp differential between the top and bottom is 10+
degrees. I guess I could have researched the racking issues better
beforehand and paid the extra $$ but overall I'm not impressed with
this unit. It's garage bound based on the noise with is a passir since
I got the glass door etc. to keep it in the house where we enjoy the
wine.

Cheers!

Steve

Drew Mayeshi

Mark, depending on your future plans with your wine collection, it may be
best in the long term to consider building a small room that can be air
conditioned down to the right temp.

oups.com...

Wine storage Dead Dick Wine 11 10-06-2009 09:39 PM
wine storage windsor Wine 6 13-01-2005 09:52 PM
question re wine cellar cooling units vs AC Mike Stanton Wine 0 19-09-2004 09:39 PM
question re wine cellar cooling units vs AC ThomasPrinzie Wine 0 19-09-2004 05:11 PM
Wine in Box Bladders for Wine Storage gerald Wine 0 25-08-2004 01:31 PM