jcoulter

Default Dry Creek Chenin Blanc 2002

Dry Creek Vineyards 2002 Clarksburg, Dry Chenin Blanc

I was shopping in the odd lots of the local wine store a few weeks ago,
when I found this distressed bottle (the foil had come off the bottle top
and the cork was a ittle funky so the wine was appropriately rpiced at
$3.00. Either a great deal or not much to lose.

It was a great deal. I like my chenin on the dry side (although one looses
some of the apple in the process) and this one was superb. We had it with a
Thai noodle dish so the acidity and crispness realy helped. Yes I was
thinking Riesling would be nice, but for long.
DaleW

Thanks for note. In mid-late '90s I grew quite fond of the Dry Creek
Chenin as a very inexpensive ($5) quaffer. Then price shot up to more
like $8, and quality seemed to suffer at same time. Haven't tried in
couple years, but maybe should revist- sounds like a wine worth $8 (you
got a deal at $3!!!!!).

Funny that Clarksburg seems to do pretty well with Chenin, as others
grapes definitely don't!

Thanks for notes.

TN: 2 Syrahs, 1 Chenin Blanc DaleW Wine 1 25-02-2011 06:39 PM
TN: Man Chenin Blanc Godzilla Monster Wine 0 05-06-2009 01:34 PM
Man Chenin Blanc Godzilla Monster Wine 0 01-06-2009 11:51 PM
TN: '05 Husch Chenin Blanc Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 0 21-04-2007 03:19 AM
Something floating in Chenin Blanc Kimi Wine 5 05-01-2004 02:59 AM