MikeD

Default Everyday "house wine"

I'm curious what the other wine fanatics out there consider their "house
wines"--those reds and/or whites that you always keep on hand, drink
with most meals, and feel is economical enough to stock by the half-case
or case.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Mike

--

http://www.webwinerack.com - Wine, Wine Reviews, and Wine Information
jcoulter

MikeD > wrote in news:NpD8e.686$rC7.89
@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com:

> I'm curious what the other wine fanatics out there consider their "house
> wines"--those reds and/or whites that you always keep on hand, drink
> with most meals, and feel is economical enough to stock by the half-case
> or case.
>
> Anyone have any recommendations?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

My current red du jour is Montepulciano d' Abruzzo from Bosco bpught at
Cpostco for 9.97 US a really nice wine with limited (two months?) aging
potential but great taste right now.
jcoulter

MikeD > wrote in news:NpD8e.686$rC7.89
@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com:

> I'm curious what the other wine fanatics out there consider their "house
> wines"--those reds and/or whites that you always keep on hand, drink
> with most meals, and feel is economical enough to stock by the half-case
> or case.
>
> Anyone have any recommendations?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

For white I can't beat the 5.99 for 2000 La Vignee from Bouchard pere et
fils though I only have four bottles left and I doubt I will ever see that
price again.
Ian Hoare

Salut/Hi MikeD,

le/on Mon, 18 Apr 2005 00:44:29 GMT, tu disais/you said:-

>I'm curious what the other wine fanatics out there consider their "house
>wines"--those reds and/or whites that you always keep on hand, drink
>with most meals, and feel is economical enough to stock by the half-case
>or case.
>
>Anyone have any recommendations?

Bergerac Domaine de L'Ancienne Cure Red & White in bag in a box
Côteaux de Glanes.

and up a bit in quality
Bergerac Ch Tour des Gendres Red, white & Pink

But I don't drink with most meals except when we have clients.

--
All the Best
Ian Hoare
Indirecto

Cocha y Toro
Casillero del Diablo, Ch$3,200.-, (about US$6)
Cabernet Sauvignon

Nothing comes close in terms of price/performance.

-Indirecto

"MikeD" > wrote in message
.. .

> I'm curious what the other wine fanatics out there consider their "house
> wines"--those reds and/or whites that you always keep on hand, drink with
> most meals, and feel is economical enough to stock by the half-case or
> case.
>
> Anyone have any recommendations?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
>
> --

http://www.webwinerack.com - Wine, Wine Reviews, and Wine Information

"Everyday Guide to Wine" aesthete8 Wine 1 02-07-2012 08:10 PM
Everyday "house wine" MikeD Wine 42 26-04-2005 03:07 AM
Everyday wines/ everyday foods TB Wine 0 26-05-2004 05:28 PM
Everyday Wines, Everyday food Rich R Wine 4 03-03-2004 03:33 AM
Everyday Wines, Everyday Foods Rich R Wine 5 16-02-2004 04:42 PM