Default TN: Some Inexpensive 2001 Bordeaux

2001 Chateau Guibot, Puisseguin Saint-Emilion
Dark, garnet. Nose is spicy with cherry and chassis. Fruit is spicy
with cherry, high acid, moderate tannins and a long fruity finish. Ok
to drink now, but a few years will soften the tannins a little. Very
good value. Price was $12. My rating 85.

2001 Chateau Faizeau, Montagne Saint-Emilion
Dark, garnet. Nose has spices, chassis and black cherry. Fruit has big
black cherry, liquorish and spices, high acid, firm tannins, and a long
fruity finish. Needs some time to soften the hard tannins, but very
promising. Very good value. Price $16. My rating 88.

2001 Chateau Marsau, Bordeaux Cots De Francs
Dark, garnet. Nose has cherry, plums and coffee. Fruit had black
cherry, liquorish and spicy flavors, high acid, firm tannins, and a
long astringent finish. Needs time, but the fruit seem very interesting
and promising. Very good value. Price $12 for 375ml. My rating 89.

2001 Clos du Marquis, Saint-Julien
Very dark, garnet. Nose has red cherry and chassis. Fruit has red
cherry and earthy flavors, moderate acid, firm tannins, and a long
finish that seemed a little grapey at times. Needs some time to soften
tannins, but I am not sure about the grapey after taste. Perhaps this
will fade with a little age. Price $29. My rating 88 assuming the
grapey after taste fades.

------------------------------------
Mike's Wine Blog
http://mikeswinecellar.blogspot.com

DaleW

Thanks for notes. I've enjoyed the Faizeau VV in previous vintages,
might now look for 2001.

TN: 2001 Bordeaux at Riverpark DaleW Wine 0 02-03-2016 02:45 PM
TN: 2 inexpensive Italians, one (relatively) inexpensive Champagne DaleW Wine 0 27-09-2009 03:26 PM
TN: 2 inexpensive Bordeaux DaleW Wine 0 12-07-2008 06:50 PM
TN: inexpensive '94 Bordeaux DaleW Wine 0 12-03-2007 08:48 PM
2001/2002 Bordeaux Dale Williams Wine 0 26-01-2004 05:42 PM