Nick Farrah

Default Wine Shops in Rome, Italy?

Can anyone recommend good wine shops in Rome?

Mike P

"Nick Farrah" <calbear83[remove bracketed text to > wrote in
message ...
> Can anyone recommend good wine shops in Rome?

Well, lets just say that I've never found a bad wine shop in Rome.....
Anything special that you're interested in??

Mike

TB

Nick Farrah wrote:
> Can anyone recommend good wine shops in Rome?

I liked Angolo Divino a lot. Here a blurb:

Just around the corner from the madding crowds of Campo de' Fiori,
L'Angolo Divino is one of Rome's prime venues for wine buffs. Some 30
labels are available by the glass (hundreds more by the bottle), with a
generous happy hour from 5pm to 8pm to encourage the adventurous
imbiber. Some evenings, however, are more special than others: 3 April
is given over to tasting the excellent Le Pergole Torte range of Tuscan
wines (96-99 vintages), accompanied by selected regional cheeses.
Booking is necessary for this upmarket wine and formaggio event.

Cheers

TB

Whoops the logistical details for it a

Via dei Balestrari 12 (39 06 686 4413). Bus to Corso Vittorio Emanuele.
Open 10am-2.30pm Mon, 10am-2.30pm, 5.30pm-1am Tue-Sat. Special tasting
event: 3 Apr, 8pm. Price 20 euros. Credit MC, V.

Tolux

Nick Farrah wrote:
> Can anyone recommend good wine shops in Rome?

Check these out...

1) Enoteca Costantini
Piazza Cavour, 16
00193 Roma - Italia
phone: +39 06 3203575
http://www.pierocostantini.it/ (unfortunately only in italian)

2) Trimani
Via Goito, 20
00185 Roma
Phone: +39 06 4469661

In both places you can have excellent food and buy wine to go...

Tolux

--
Perché non 'trovo' mai bottiglie pregiate nella mia cantina?

This one has great ambiance. It's really more of a wine bar &
restaurant, but they do sell wine too:
Capranica (Enoteca e Taverna)
Piazza Capranica, 104
06/67 90 860

And if you feel like having an incredible meal:
Il Convivio
Vicolo Dei Soldati 31
06/68 80 59 50

e.

'Process C-22'

Try Buccone's in Via di Ripetta (No 22 I think?), a very short walk
south from the Piazza del Popolo. I stayed in an apartment right over
the top of it when visiting Rome in 2003. The staff do speak a little
English, and the array of Brunello Riservas and Grappas was exciting.
Some of the rarer ones were very expensive, but no doubt the going
rate if you know your Italian wines.
They have a small cafe in the shop, the food is supposed to be very
good.

Castroni on the Via Cola di Rienzo (walk west from Flaminio station)
has a good selection of wines as well I believe.

Dom Roberts

Wine shops in Avignon Chris Sprague Wine 6 31-08-2007 02:54 AM
Wine Shops in HK? Mydnight Wine 1 09-08-2007 09:39 PM
MARTHA'S VINEYARD WINE SHOPS?? I/C TARRANT Wine 20 18-07-2005 10:02 PM
A question about Wine shops Peter Crowl Wine 1 31-05-2004 04:56 AM
Eating out in Rome (Italy) rie Restaurants 3 18-12-2003 07:49 PM