Default Help me find info on a 2000 Bordeaux

A few months ago I visited Bordeaux, France, and had the opportunity to
dine at Jean Ramet, a Michelin one star. I had a half bottle of wine and
I unfortunately did not write it down.

All I can remember is that it was a 2000 Bordeaux and said "Dom Cuvee
Amelie" or "Cuvee Amelie" in small print on the bottom. I don't know the
producer of the wine. It cost 15e at the restaurant.

I did try to email Jean Ramet with the clues, but never got a response,
plus I don't speak French.

Jean Ramet
Place Jean-Jaures
33000 Bordeaux
(33) 0 556 441 251

Thanks for any help!

--
Kevin

Do you really need to email to reply? Just post it!
Otherwise: 'ah' underscore 'chang' at sign hotmail period com
Hunt

In article . net>, look@my.
sig.invalid says...

>A few months ago I visited Bordeaux, France, and had the opportunity to
>dine at Jean Ramet, a Michelin one star. I had a half bottle of wine and
>I unfortunately did not write it down.
>
>All I can remember is that it was a 2000 Bordeaux and said "Dom Cuvee
>Amelie" or "Cuvee Amelie" in small print on the bottom. I don't know the
>producer of the wine. It cost 15e at the restaurant.
>
>I did try to email Jean Ramet with the clues, but never got a response,
>plus I don't speak French.
>
>Jean Ramet
>Place Jean-Jaures
>33000 Bordeaux
>(33) 0 556 441 251
>
>Thanks for any help!
>
>--
>Kevin
>
>Do you really need to email to reply? Just post it!
>Otherwise: 'ah' underscore 'chang' at sign hotmail period com

It seems that this might have been from Chteau Respide, Graves, Médoc, but I
have also seen a St Julien appelation for the Cuvee Amelie. Unfortunately, I
do not know this house, nor do I know the wine. I hope that some of this might
get you a bit closer.

Hunt

enoavidh

lid wrote in
ink.net:

> A few months ago I visited Bordeaux, France, and had the opportunity
> to dine at Jean Ramet, a Michelin one star. I had a half bottle of
> wine and I unfortunately did not write it down.
>
> All I can remember is that it was a 2000 Bordeaux and said "Dom Cuvee
> Amelie" or "Cuvee Amelie" in small print on the bottom. I don't know
> the producer of the wine. It cost 15e at the restaurant.
>
> I did try to email Jean Ramet with the clues, but never got a
> response, plus I don't speak French.
>
> Jean Ramet
> Place Jean-Jaures
> 33000 Bordeaux
> (33) 0 556 441 251
>
> Thanks for any help!

Could it be Chateau Repimplet?

http://www.thewinenews.com/aprmay03/cover.asp
"Chteau Repimplet: Repimplet, in old Gascon, means a good place to rest
oneself. At the very least, I can attest that the estate commands an
impressive view. Its owner, Patrick Touret, used to be a petrol engineer
until he bought the then-derelict 14.5-hectare property in 1982. Sited at
one of the highest points of the appellation, Touret notes that "All the
top Bourg estates can see the estuary." The basic wine shows no lack of
personality, and the Cuvée Amélia Julien is perfectly rich - very good,
indeed, in both 1999 and 2000."

PS most of the other references I came across say "Cuvée Amélie Julien

I don't see any distributors in California, though, on winesearcher.

d.

TN: Midtier 2000 Bordeaux DaleW Wine 2 02-11-2015 11:35 PM
Couple 2000 Bordeaux Bi!! Wine 3 21-11-2011 09:59 PM
2000 and earlier Bordeaux Bill S. Wine 0 24-10-2010 07:54 PM
2000 Bordeaux Young Martle Wine 11 28-02-2005 06:51 PM
When to drink a 2000 Bordeaux Scott Wine 19 08-03-2004 10:56 PM