T. Autischer

Default TN: 2000 Kollwentz Steinzeiler

Had this wonderful Austrian wine from Burgenland, Neusiedlersee region
last week.
It is a cuveé (Blaufränkisch, Cab Sauvignon, Zweigelt)
Deep deep red, almost black. Very spicy! Nose is toasted, caramel and
coffee. Palate is without doubt cassis and blackberry, later slightly
woody. Very smooth tannines. Impressive finish. Complex wine. Perhaps
one could lay it down for couple more years. Goes very well with
homemade fresh tagliatelle with boletus-cognac sauce.
T. Autischer

Michael Pronay wrote:

> I have a 5 liter bottle of the 1992 vintage waiting in the cellar
> for the next occasion (which mean at least 12 for dinner). It was
> a gift by the Kollwentz family for my second marriage (which
> obviously took place in 1992).
>
> The problem is that a few months ago I tried to open it, put my
> waiters friend failed: I was only able todraw a few crumbs.
>
> So I decided to put the bottle on its side overnight to see
> whether it would leak, and, alas, the next morning there was a
> stain maybe 5 or 6 drops large. I then put the bottle upright and
> waxed the top with a candle. It's back in the cellar (upright) and
> is wating for the next occasion.
>
> M.

yes, i can understand your feelings about that ;-)
there use to be problems with corks in austria in the past, but
situation is getting better now - had no bad cork for a quite long time
but, hey, it happens all the time, there's no guarantee even at much
more expensive wines from countries with much longer tradition in winemaking

82 Cos, 2000 Bin 389, 2000 Gloria, 99 Stellenzicht, 85 Grahams Bill S. Wine 1 21-03-2010 07:06 PM
Mas la Plana 2000 Bert Wine 0 24-06-2006 10:52 PM
2000 Barolos, etc Dale Williams Wine 3 30-04-2004 08:58 PM
Coates on 2000 Bdx Dale Williams Wine 4 10-03-2004 06:50 PM
TN: Dom de L'Espigouette CdR VV 2000 Mark Lipton Wine 0 16-02-2004 06:00 AM