Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Cwdjrx _

Default What Wine Would You Most Like To Taste?

Most of us have heard of a wine we would like to taste, but are very
unlikely to have the chance to do so. Let us limit ourselves to wines
that might still be drinkable, although I and most woud like to taste
ancient Greek and Roman wines that were highly valued in their day. Also
you must drink the wine soon and can not sell it, so value and
increasing a collection are not an issue.

I would most like to taste the 1727 Rudesheimer Apostelwein from the
cask in the Ratskeller in Bremen. Of course this old cask has to be
refreshed from time to time to replace evaporation loss, but only very
little is ever drawn out for tasting. Michael Broadbent has been allowed
to taste it and describes it in detail in one of his books. The taste is
quite different from anything else you are likely to taste from Germany.
Broadbent rated it as 2-star for pleasure and 5-star for interest.

My mailbox is always full to avoid spam. To contact me, erase
from my email address. Then add . I do not
check this box every day, so post if you need a quick response.